It is my contention that even a hard-core atheist should know what's in the Bible

First off Christians can't even decide what they believe.
So joining a religion is no guarantee you'll ever find Christ.

630px-Christianity_major_branches.svg.png
Christ finds you.
Ok, shaman.

Study the Bible and pray for GOD"s leading. The Bible is all about the Messiah, and Jesus supported the Bible completely. Any "christian group" that doesn't completely support GOD's Word is heretical and unworthy of the term CHRISTIAN.

Study the Bible and pray for GOD"s leading. The Bible is all about the Messiah, and Jesus supported the Bible completely.
The New Testament is about Christ yet the Old Testament is not.
Jesus could not have supported the Bible because it did not exist when he was around on Earth...Did he visit you in a taco stand?
I have already read it several times and what is yer point since translations do not carry the same message as the original intent...

Study the Bible and pray for GOD"s leading. The Bible is all about the Messiah, and Jesus supported the Bible completely. Any "christian group" that doesn't completely support GOD's Word is heretical and unworthy of the term CHRISTIAN.
The Bible is all about the Messiah, and Jesus supported the Bible completely. Any "christian group" that doesn't completely support GOD's Word is heretical and unworthy of the term CHRISTIAN.

you do realize that is spoken and not written ... certainly not written in a language no one now can understand or an original copy that does not now exist.

What specifically is in the bible that is "wisdom"? I've read it, but a lot of the NT is paul/saul and timothy, with john of Patmos and his acid trip in Revelations. What do you want to point out?

BTW: there is not a lot about Jesus in the NT.

Mullah Nipper has issued a fatwa. If any Christian is confused about what a Christian is to believe, the fatwa will clear up that confusion.

I always find it interesting how Christians will define out of Christianity those Christians who do not meet some arbitrary standard of Christianity set forth in a fatwa by some other Christians.

The Bible is the primary source of Western society's wisdom, and a person who has never read the Bible is ignorant of a great many things.

I would say the same about the works of Shakespeare.
I would agree with reading it. That said, I believe everyone should read the non-religious history surrounding it from 3rd century BCE -7th century CE. In fact, it might be necessary to go as far back as 2100 BCE for Sumeria and Cuneiform law.

"Do not cast pearls before swine" -- that's an example of something in the Bible that if you don't know what it is, you're just plain ignorant in Western culture.
Didn't you hear? There's these new things called smart phones and search engines...

Study the Bible and pray for GOD"s leading. The Bible is all about the Messiah, and Jesus supported the Bible completely.
Jesus could not have supported the Bible because it did not exist when he was around on Earth...Did he visit you in a taco stand?
I have already read it several times and what is yer point since translations do not carry the same message as the original intent...

If You Believed Moses, You Would Believe Me, for He Wrote of ME.

“You sent to John (the Baptist), and he has borne witness to the truth. 34 Not that the testimony that I receive is from man, but I say these things so that you may be saved. 35 He was a burning and shining lamp, and you were willing to rejoice for a while in his light. 36 But the testimony that I have is greater than that of John. For the works that the Father has given me to accomplish, the very works that I am doing, bear witness about me that the Father has sent me. 37 And the Father who sent me has himself borne witness about me. His voice you have never heard, his form you have never seen, 38 and you do not have his word abiding in you, for you do not believe the one whom he has sent. 39 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me, 40 yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life. 41 I do not receive glory from people. 42 But I know that you do not have the love of God within you. 43 I have come in my Father’s name, and you do not receive me. If another comes in his own name, you will receive him. 44 How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another and do not seek the glory that comes from the only God? 45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father. There is one who accuses you: Moses, on whom you have set your hope. 46 For if you believed Moses, you would believe me; for he wrote of me. 47 But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe my words?

The Bible is the primary source of Western society's wisdom, and a person who has never read the Bible is ignorant of a great many things.

I would say the same about the works of Shakespeare.

How about the Koran? Or the Vedas? or the Dhammapada?
The most helpful of all though is the Boy Scout Handbook.

I know what is in the Bible

Fairy Tales
A lot of people confuse the allegorical accounts in Genesis as fairy tales.
Same thing

Fairy tales can teach moral lessons too
Right but in this case it was ancient man’s recording of history so to speak.
And full of errors and magical nonsense, just as one would expect from ignorant, ancient people.
Your the one reading more into it then they did.

That’s on you.

I know what is in the Bible

Fairy Tales
Same thing

And full of errors and magical nonsense, just as one would expect from ignorant, ancient people.

That’s on you.
Im reading more into it than yhe people who wrote it? Or than the people like you who hold it up as some kind of guide to absolute truth? Either way, shaman, you make absolutely no sense.

Just as someone would expect from a delusional person who buys into iron aged fairy tales.

Same thing

That’s on you.
Im reading more into it than yhe people who wrote it? Or than the people like you who hold it up as some kind of guide to absolute truth? Either way, shaman, you make absolutely no sense.

Just as someone would expect from a delusional person who buys into iron aged fairy tales.
Yes, they knew it was allegorical. It was intentionally told in this fashion so that it could be remembered and passed down. That’s how important information was passed down 6000 years ago. They didn’t have copy machines or email.

Forum List

Back