It is my contention that even a hard-core atheist should know what's in the Bible

The Bible is the primary source of Western society's wisdom, and a person who has never read the Bible is ignorant of a great many things.

I would say the same about the works of Shakespeare.
Can you recite the Koran? You should be able to..."The lady doth protest too much, methinks"
The Koran came after the Bible and the religion of the Muslims does embrace portions of the Bible. "I become death the destroyer of worlds."

The Bible is the primary source of Western society's wisdom, and a person who has never read the Bible is ignorant of a great many things.

They do, but they can't comprehend it because they don't have the Holy Spirit in them.

Can you recite the Koran? You should be able to..."The lady doth protest too much, methinks"
The Koran came after the Bible and the religion of the Muslims does embrace portions of the Bible. "I become death the destroyer of worlds."
That is not Shakespeare.

You guys are missing the point. A person who doesn't know the Bible is a literary ignoramus.

Knowing what is in the bible is the quickest way to turn a believer to an atheist that has ever been devised.

2 Timothy 3 : People will turn away from God in the last days
v1 Understand this! During the last days (before Christ returns to earth), there will be times of great trouble. v2 People will love only themselves. They will want lots of money. They will think that they are much more important than other people. And they will talk about how great they are. They will say bad things about other people. They will not obey their parents. They will not thank anyone. They will not think that other people, or God, are important. They will not do what is proper to other people. v3 People will not even love their own families. They will refuse to agree with other people. They will say wrong things about other people, things that are not true. They will be unable to rule themselves properly. They will be cruel like wild animals. They will be enemies of everything that is good. v4 People will turn against their friends. They will not think carefully before they do things. They will be completely sure that they are very, very important. They will not love God, but instead they will want very much to enjoy themselves. v5 Those people will seem to *worship God. But really, they will refuse to let God work in them. You must stay away from people like that.

You guys are missing the point. A person who doesn't know the Bible is a literary ignoramus.

Knowing what is in the bible is the quickest way to turn a believer to an atheist that has ever been devised.
Reading the Bible and not studying its precepts is what makes one an atheist. God is not mocked.

You got a copy of those precepts? Sadly, I think you are wrong. If there is a god, he is mocked every time one of those rich preachers tell a little old lady to send them the money she needs for food or rent.

They do, but they can't comprehend it because they don't have the Holy Spirit in them.

I have and I was told the Bible is heresy.

I also read it like you under the influence of this world, I didn't understand a word it said.

Now I can quote scripture so elegant LDS listen /learn from me on the streets.

v1 Understand this! During the last days (before Christ returns to earth), there will be times of great trouble. v2 People will love only themselves. They will want lots of money. They will think that they are much more important than other people. And they will talk about how great they are. They will say bad things about other people. They will not obey their parents. They will not thank anyone. They will not think that other people, or God, are important. They will not do what is proper to other people. v3 People will not even love their own families. They will refuse to agree with other people. They will say wrong things about other people, things that are not true. They will be unable to rule themselves properly. They will be cruel like wild animals. They will be enemies of everything that is good. v4 People will turn against their friends. They will not think carefully before they do things. They will be completely sure that they are very, very important. They will not love God, but instead they will want very much to enjoy themselves. v5 Those people will seem to *worship God. But really, they will refuse to let God work in them. You must stay away from people like that.

All those except #5 fit Trump to a T. Hmmmm

I also read it like you under the influence of this world, I didn't understand a word it said.

You do LSD I haven't found any since 1988...Man wrote the Bible but if you claim to know what you know you will get to have conversations with the other realm. I has prognostications of my life when I was a kid and here I am where I dreamed I would be later in life...

All those except #5 fit Trump to a T. Hmmmm
Surely not the Don!? It also covers 98% of the people on the planet.

Impressing LDS isn't much to brag about.

It's my contention that atheists don't care what's in the Bible because their goal is to deny it.

You do LSD I haven't found any since 1988...Man wrote the Bible but if you claim to know what you know you will get to have conversations with the other realm. I has prognostications of my life when I was a kid and here I am where I dreamed I would be later in life...

So you don't know that LDS means latter day saints?

So you don't know that LDS means latter day saints?

He's being retarded.

He doesn't realize the difference between Lysergic Acid D-29 and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. That's pretty screwy. :cuckoo:

Last edited:

Yet you run from them, I enjoy saving them.

Yet you run from them, I enjoy saving them.

For dinner?

Forum List

Back