It is my contention that even a hard-core atheist should know what's in the Bible

They do, but they can't comprehend it because they don't have the Holy Spirit in them.

I have and I was told the Bible is heresy.

I also read it like you under the influence of this world, I didn't understand a word it said.

Now I can quote scripture so elegant LDS listen /learn from me on the streets.

You do LSD I haven't found any since 1988...Man wrote the Bible but if you claim to know what you know you will get to have conversations with the other realm. I has prognostications of my life when I was a kid and here I am where I dreamed I would be later in life...

So you don't know that LDS means latter day saints?

He's being retarded.

He doesn't realize the difference between Lysergic Acid D-29 and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. That's pretty screwy. :cuckoo:
We know what Bear meant he ain't gonna save anyone already saved.

The Bible is the primary source of Western society's wisdom, and a person who has never read the Bible is ignorant of a great many things.

I would say the same about the works of Shakespeare.
I’d wager that many, if not the majority of atheists/agnostics; grew up steeped in, or at the very least heavily influenced by Christianity.

The Bible is the primary source of Western society's wisdom, and a person who has never read the Bible is ignorant of a great many things.

They do, but they can't comprehend it because they don't have the Holy Spirit in them.

I also read it like you under the influence of this world, I didn't understand a word it said.

You do LSD I haven't found any since 1988...Man wrote the Bible but if you claim to know what you know you will get to have conversations with the other realm. I has prognostications of my life when I was a kid and here I am where I dreamed I would be later in life...

You save the Mormon's the new and improved version? No you don't they are already saved.

First off Christians can't even decide what they believe.
So joining a religion is no guarantee you'll ever find Christ.

630px-Christianity_major_branches.svg.png

He's being retarded.

He doesn't realize the difference between Lysergic Acid D-29 and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. That's pretty screwy. :cuckoo:
We know what Bear meant he ain't gonna save anyone already saved.

I sure ain't gonna save anyone on the net, just ridicule them and piss them off, but in real life I can and do. I don't need to carry a Bible I have the gift.

I agree that everyone should have at least a basic knowledge of the Bible; however, I also believe that everyone should also have a basic knowledge of the Qur'an (Koran). Both Holy Books are far more important than the works of Shakespeare. The beliefs held by over 1 billion Christians and over 1 billion Muslims help shape the world we live in; therefore it is imperative to know what guides them. We have no choice but to live among people of different faiths but we cannot do it successfully if we do not understand them. I can assure you of one thing: there will never be a war fought over a Shakespearean sonnet.

I don't think the Bible nor the Koran are representative of what the people of those religions think or act, good or bad.

"The Bible is the primary source of Western society's wisdom, and a person who has never read the Bible is ignorant of a great many things."

The bible is NOT the PRIMARY SOURCE of Western society's wisdom.

Being somewhat familiar with the bible it seems to me that a person who HAS read the bible and takes it to heart is ignorant of a great many things.

The content of the vile,immoral bible is precisely why many atheists became atheists.

You guys are missing the point. A person who doesn't know the Bible is a literary ignoramus.

Knowing what is in the bible is the quickest way to turn a believer to an atheist that has ever been devised.

2 Timothy 3 : People will turn away from God in the last days
v1 Understand this! During the last days (before Christ returns to earth), there will be times of great trouble. v2 People will love only themselves. They will want lots of money. They will think that they are much more important than other people. And they will talk about how great they are. They will say bad things about other people. They will not obey their parents. They will not thank anyone. They will not think that other people, or God, are important. They will not do what is proper to other people. v3 People will not even love their own families. They will refuse to agree with other people. They will say wrong things about other people, things that are not true. They will be unable to rule themselves properly. They will be cruel like wild animals. They will be enemies of everything that is good. v4 People will turn against their friends. They will not think carefully before they do things. They will be completely sure that they are very, very important. They will not love God, but instead they will want very much to enjoy themselves. v5 Those people will seem to *worship God. But really, they will refuse to let God work in them. You must stay away from people like that.

All those except #5 fit Trump to a T. Hmmmm
Sounds like him

I’d wager that many, if not the majority of atheists/agnostics; grew up steeped in, or at the very least heavily influenced by Christianity.

You'd lose

You'd lose
Prove, and collect. Don’t worry. We’ll wait...

Id settle with getting Christians to know the scriptures first
The ones on the golden plates the conman Smith made up in the 19th century? Heh heh

I was thinking the Bible. If they studied them daily and got the Spirit they would come to the Book of Mormon naturally.

You should study them too. You'd learn a lot

Id settle with getting Christians to know the scriptures first
The ones on the golden plates the conman Smith made up in the 19th century? Heh heh

I was thinking the Bible. If they studied them daily and got the Spirit they would come to the Book of Mormon naturally.

You should study them too. You'd learn a lot
Yes, I would learn a lot about being an ignorant, semi literate, terrified, iron age peasant....not sure how useful that is...

Forum List

Back