It is cold out.

elektra

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2013
Jewitt City, Connecticut
I am suffering freezing weather here in Connecticut, tonight. Today though, was rather warm.

I found this nice gem, while cruising www.wattsupwiththat.com, the world's most accurate climate warming green energy site.

What is interesting, is this site uses unadjusted temperatures.

If I had the time I would follow this with the various excuses that NASA/NOAA give for adjusting temperatures higher.
Anyhow, I noticed how the temperature is actually below average, not above average.

Currently: 57.68°F/14.27°C​

Deviation: 0.48°F/0.27°C​

Stations processed last hour: 66298​

Last station processed: Key Lake, Canada

Update time: 2023-12-17 05:37:21 UTC​

More

anyhow, here in New England, it is winter
1702791791981.png

I am suffering freezing weather here in Connecticut, tonight. Today though, was rather warm.

I found this nice gem, while cruising www.wattsupwiththat.com, the world's most accurate climate warming green energy site.

If I had the time I would follow this with the various excuses that NASA/NOAA give for adjusting temperatures higher.
Anyhow, I noticed how the temperature is actually below average, not above average.

More

That website is brutal. You'd better hope Greta Thunberg doesn't see that. She's liable to curl herself up in a fetal position in her closet, suck her thumb, and cry herself to sleep.

:laughing0301:

Global warming is saving the planet in MN. Have a real shot of making it to Christmas without snow. The amount of energy saved has to be ginormous

39 degrees here in SW Wisconsin. I'm sitting out here in the garage with the furnace off and wearing a short-sleeve t-shirt. I'll save plenty on my heating bill if it stays like this all winter.

:banana:

But, who do we believe when we check the temperature, msn.com or weather.com, msn shows a much higher temperature for the same place, than here is wunderground? Got to love the internet and the rich running websites.
1702793537172.png

1702793491827.png

1702793618782.png

Attachments

• 1702793431261.png
    1702793431261.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 5
Thus far, I have only used a half a tank of fuel oil since Thanksgiving. At $900 a tank, I pray for a moderate, breezeless winter

Our 500 gallon propane tank is down to 40% from the last fillup last year. I'm probably going to make it until late January or February before I fill it again. This is turning out to be a moderate and dry winter, which is fine with me. I haven't even had to buy any barn lime and salt to get the car up and down the driveway.

The resorts have plenty of snow. Down here in the valley we have none. Never seen anything like it.
You're either very young, or you do so much drugs and drinking. . . your long term memory is shot to hell.

This ain't the first La Niña we have had, and it sure as hell ain't gonna be the last. :lol:

". . . NOAA Senior Scientist Michael McPhaden wrote about the 2020–2023 La Niña in the 2022 State of the Climate Report. “Compared with single-year ENSO events, triple-dip La Niñas lead to elevated risks from natural hazards like droughts, floods, heat waves, and weather extremes simply because they last so long,” said McPhaden, an oceanographer at the Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory. “There were parts of the globe where it was disaster after disaster because of the extended period of cold in the tropical Pacific over these three years.” The 2020-2023 La Niña saw impacts ranging from back-to-back years of extreme rainfall and flooding in Australia, prolonged droughts leading to food security issues in Africa, and exceptional drought in the southwestern United States. La Niñas are also often linked to greater Atlantic hurricane activity, which is exactly what we saw with record-breaking and above-average hurricane seasons in 2020 and 2021.. . . "
image1.jpg

Here’s Who Will See Snow This Christmas...​

Dec 16, 2023

You're either very young, or you do so much drugs and drinking. . . your long term memory is shot to hell.

This ain't the first La Niña we have had, and it sure as hell ain't gonna be the last. :lol:

". . . NOAA Senior Scientist Michael McPhaden wrote about the 2020–2023 La Niña in the 2022 State of the Climate Report. “Compared with single-year ENSO events, triple-dip La Niñas lead to elevated risks from natural hazards like droughts, floods, heat waves, and weather extremes simply because they last so long,” said McPhaden, an oceanographer at the Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory. “There were parts of the globe where it was disaster after disaster because of the extended period of cold in the tropical Pacific over these three years.” The 2020-2023 La Niña saw impacts ranging from back-to-back years of extreme rainfall and flooding in Australia, prolonged droughts leading to food security issues in Africa, and exceptional drought in the southwestern United States. La Niñas are also often linked to greater Atlantic hurricane activity, which is exactly what we saw with record-breaking and above-average hurricane seasons in 2020 and 2021.. . . "
image1.jpg

Here’s Who Will See Snow This Christmas...​

Dec 16, 2023

I went to bed shortly after posting with a single thought. Who will it be? Which jagaloon is going to make some long winded post to make an argument about the 'myth of man made global warming.' I guess you are said jagaloon. You are making an argument that doesn't need to be made. To be honest I was expecting some graphs and pie charts. Let me be clear. The earth does not need saving. Climate always changes. Do I think technology is speeding it up? Of course. Everything is connected.

My only point in this thread is this. It's warmer around here than it use to be this time of year.

Tell me, when you see a friend and he says 'hot enough for ya?' do you go into to some long winded lecture on why it is hot?

As far as Christmas goes it makes no difference if there is snow on the ground since I don't celebrate that holiday. As elektra pointed out the price of fuel oil is through the roof so warmer temps is not a bad thing.

More

If I wake up and see white stuff on top of the grass, I assume there's been a volcanic eruption ... if it melts by 9am ... then it's that stuff they call "frost" ... I don't know ... like as not it's ash ... if you live where water exists as a solid, you've made a terrible mistake at some point in your life ...

Those 66,298 weather stations all gave temperature to the nearest whole degree ... so the average is given to that nearest whole degree ... or 14ºC ... which is correct, this is what NOAA is reporting as our average global temperature using gradients ... which makes sense because we're averaging both North/South Hemispheres so seasons don't matter ... and averaging East/West Hemispheres so daytime doesn't matter either ...

Clever ...

... except the part of giving the data far more accuracy than your scientific instruments allow ... science doesn't allow that ...

If I wake up and see white stuff on top of the grass, I assume there's been a volcanic eruption ... if it melts by 9am ... then it's that stuff they call "frost" ... I don't know ... like as not it's ash ... if you live where water exists as a solid, you've made a terrible mistake at some point in your life ...

Those 66,298 weather stations all gave temperature to the nearest whole degree ... so the average is given to that nearest whole degree ... or 14ºC ... which is correct, this is what NOAA is reporting as our average global temperature using gradients ... which makes sense because we're averaging both North/South Hemispheres so seasons don't matter ... and averaging East/West Hemispheres so daytime doesn't matter either ...

Clever ...

... except the part of giving the data far more accuracy than your scientific instruments allow ... science doesn't allow that ...
NOAA admits to adjusting the temperatures, and has been caught lying and changing temperatures. The idea that there is a degree or more of global warming caused by humans is pure bullshit

Forum List

Back