It Global Warming, Stupid......ROTFLMAO....

Snow hasnt fallen in this area of Virgina for the past 4 years, we are getting up to 3in tonight

• I am a liberal global warming zelot that knows the Earth must warm up for the snow to fall?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am an intelligent conservative that knows that Global Warming is false, and this proves it again.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Mikeoxenormous

Diamond Member
May 6, 2015
Floor E Da
People panic as wintry mix threatens wide swath of South
ATLANTA — Snow fell across parts of the Deep South early Friday, causing Southerners to panic and rush toward the grocery store even as forecasters predicted any accumulations would melt quickly.

The forecast called for a mix of rain and snow across several Deep South states. Parts of Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana and Mississippi reported snow flurries before dawn. Students got an unexpected holiday as dozens of school systems closed ahead of the wintry weather.
In Virginia we haven't seen snow in this area for 4 years in a row in December. If the Earth is Warming due to Global Warming, why are we having snow in December?

Now show the bullshit charts and call me names...

Weather isn't climate, shortbus. :laugh2:
An analogy of what I am trying to figure out.
Lets say the Earth is a house.
You raise the temperature of the thermostat in the house 1degree and the temperature of the house goes up 1 degree. Got it?
So the next year you raise the temperature again up 1 degree and the temperature goes up again. Right?
2 more years you raise up the temperature yet on the last year, you see snow in the house. What the fuck happened?

An analogy of what I am trying to figure out. Let's say the Earth is a house. You raise the temperature of the thermostat in the house 1 degree and the temperature of the house goes up 1 degree. Got it? So the next year you raise the temperature again up 1 degree and the temperature goes up again. Right? 2 more years you raise up the temperature yet on the last year, you see snow in the house. What the fuck happened?
Depends on what the temp was to start. Maybe you left a window open. Here's a more realistic analogy. The average temperature of an area is 20 F in winter. The climate warms up 5 DEGREES. Now the average temp is 25 F. It's still going to snow, maybe even more, since the higher the temp, the more water vapor the atmosphere is able to hold.

An analogy of what I am trying to figure out. Let's say the Earth is a house. You raise the temperature of the thermostat in the house 1 degree and the temperature of the house goes up 1 degree. Got it? So the next year you raise the temperature again up 1 degree and the temperature goes up again. Right? 2 more years you raise up the temperature yet on the last year, you see snow in the house. What the fuck happened?
Depends on what the temp was to start. Maybe you left a window open. Here's a more realistic analogy. The average temperature of an area is 20 F in winter. The climate warms up 5 DEGREES. Now the average temp is 25 F. It's still going to snow, maybe even more, since the higher the temp, the more water vapor the atmosphere is able to hold.
You totally avoided my question. How can a house that gets warmer 1 degree per year for 4 years, suddenly have snow in it?

You totally avoided my question. How can a house that gets warmer 1 degree per year for 4 years, suddenly have snow in it?
I didn't avoid it. You obviously left a window open. Do you even bother to read with comprehension? Why did you avoid addressing my question about the initial temperature of the house? If you raised the temp by a degree a year, but the result was under 32 F, it would still snow.

People panic as wintry mix threatens wide swath of South
ATLANTA — Snow fell across parts of the Deep South early Friday, causing Southerners to panic and rush toward the grocery store even as forecasters predicted any accumulations would melt quickly.

The forecast called for a mix of rain and snow across several Deep South states. Parts of Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana and Mississippi reported snow flurries before dawn. Students got an unexpected holiday as dozens of school systems closed ahead of the wintry weather.
In Virginia we haven't seen snow in this area for 4 years in a row in December. If the Earth is Warming due to Global Warming, why are we having snow in December?

Now show the bullshit charts and call me names...

OK, I will call you names. Stupid comes to mind. Clueless is another one that jumps out. Do you know anything about the polar vortex? What about carbon sink? The reality is that a warming polar region leads to colder winters in the South. When the sea ice north of Russia and Scandinavia melts it sends warm air up to 18 miles into the stratosphere. That pushes the counter-clockwise motion of the polar vortex further south bringing cold arctic air deeper into the United States. The additional snow comes from the fact that a warmer atmosphere holds more moisture as well as the fact that lakes in the north that are normally iced over release more moisture into the atmosphere when they are not. The longer winters and shorter spring growing season results in less carbon sink as plant production along with their removal of carbon from the atmosphere declines reinforcing the cycle.

Forum List

Back