Did you read this link

• Nope

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Yep

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • If you did not, why not

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
A little food for thought, sadly too many of those who commented above seem to be on a diet. Fascism - Neofascism | politics
And there are also some with vision problems, those who can only see the flaws of the other "side".

The fact is, authoritarianism isn't a partisan political subject. It's a function of both far ends.

My clarity is fine, maybe you can't see what is happening, and what has happened in the past.

I admit, the terms "Authoritarian" and "fascist" are too loaded and cause a visceral reaction in those who support Trump, and consider the words themselves simply a pejorative used a partisan.

The facts, however, in their definitions by sources not connected to Trump and the current iteration of Republicans, are evidence, or if you like, food for thought. They define behavior, and behavior of authoritarian leaders in the past, and the methods used by them and neofascists on other continents.

A little food for thought, sadly too many of those who commented above seem to be on a diet. Fascism - Neofascism | politics
And there are also some with vision problems, those who can only see the flaws of the other "side".

The fact is, authoritarianism isn't a partisan political subject. It's a function of both far ends.

My clarity is fine, maybe you can't see what is happening, and what has happened in the past.

I admit, the terms "Authoritarian" and "fascist" are too loaded and cause a visceral reaction in those who support Trump, and consider the words themselves simply a pejorative used a partisan.

The facts, however, in their definitions by sources not connected to Trump and the current iteration of Republicans, are evidence, or if you like, food for thought. They define behavior, and behavior of authoritarian leaders in the past, and the methods used by them and neofascists on other continents.
I can see both sides of this pretty clearly. I'm not intellectually bound by an ideology that can only blame "the other guy".

I can see both sides of this pretty clearly. I'm not intellectually bound by an ideology that can only blame "the other guy".

Get off your high horse, you contribute nothing to the issue.

He isn't able to comprehend concepts, only the team for which he plays. The words he uses might as well be "big poopyhead" as that represents the limit of his abilities to discuss the nature of authoritarianism. In his childish, myopic world, some forms of authoritarianism cannot be criticized, while other forms of thought that are not fascist must be called fascist so as to malign them.

I just merely pointed out a very obvious fact, and it upset you, predictably. Ignore my post next time. Keep that one eye open.

It only looks high from you lowly position on the food chain.

It looks perfectly reasonable to me

I'm a proud Authoritarian. The vast majority of human Ben t's have proven themselves unfit and unworthy to govern themselves and need a strong governmental force to ensure they think, speak and act properly at all times.

Exactly. We now have all sorts of ethnic groups to the point where freedom as we once enjoyed it is no longer possible. That is why we are so divided and will remain divided thus the only thing that can possibly hold this mess together is a strong authoritarian government. Hopefully, once Trump gains more control he will do some things that will not only make us more secure as a nation but also remedy the horrendous crime problem.

The myth of multi-culturalism:

THE MYTH OF 'MULTICULTURALISM': - Rogue Male

"Authoritarianism, principle of blind submission to authority, as opposed to individual freedom of thought and action. In government, authoritarianism denotes any political system that concentrates power in the hands of a leader or a small elite that is not constitutionally responsible to the body of the people. Authoritarian leaders often exercise power arbitrarily and without regard to existing bodies of law, and they usually cannot be replaced by citizens choosing freely among various competitors in elections. The freedom to create opposition political parties or other alternative political groupings with which to compete for power with the ruling group is either limited or nonexistent in authoritarian regimes."

authoritarianism | Definition & Facts

I know from experience that like an ostrich the supporters of Donald Trump and the members here who support the governance under the leadership of McConnell and Ryan, will not read the above link. It exposes Authoritarianism in general, and those governments in the past who are accepted as authoritarian and how they evolved.

For those who choose to mock this thread, none should call them patriots.
This illustrates why Trump is the perfect representative for the GOP and conservatives in general: Trump is an arrogant authoritarian, as are most on the right – frightened by diversity, dissent, and expressions of individual liberty.

It cracks me up when the wingers accuse me of being on a "high horse". I do get that from both sides.

It's all a matter of perspective.

From my perspective, a majority of the country and I are getting our asses kicked by the narcissistic zealots on both ends who have pretty much taken over the conversation, dividing the country terribly, and causing it great harm. I only WISH I were on a high horse, with HALF the influence the zealots have.

Hence my sig.

He isn't able to comprehend concepts, only the team for which he plays. The words he uses might as well be "big poopyhead" as that represents the limit of his abilities to discuss the nature of authoritarianism. In his childish, myopic world, some forms of authoritarianism cannot be criticized, while other forms of thought that are not fascist must be called fascist so as to malign them.

What concepts do I not understand? Explain to me:
  • What concepts you hold, differ from the definitions I've posted.
  • What are the limits you suggest I've reached to not comprehend what I've read and observed?
You stated, "some forms of authoritarianism cannot be criticized". Tell the reader what forms of authoritarianism you feel should or cannot be criticized?

It cracks me up when the wingers accuse me of being on a "high horse". I do get that from both sides.

From my perspective, a majority of the country and I are getting our asses kicked by the narcissistic zealots on both ends who have pretty much taken over the conversation, dividing the country terribly, and causing it great harm. I only WISH I were on a high horse, with HALF the influence the zealots have.

Hence my sig.

I suggest you read the definition of Narcissism, if you need some help PM me and I'll post verbatim from my copy of DMS-IV.

Hence my sig.

I suggest you read the definition of Narcissism, if you need some help PM me and I'll post verbatim from my copy of DMS-IV.
My apologies, you're right, I do know how humble, tolerant and open-minded the Regressive Left is.

Hence my sig.

My apologies, you're right, I do know how humble, tolerant and open-minded the Regressive Left is.

You sure like the word "Regressive", which you use as a pejorative. Maybe you could find a definition of the word from a credible source, then I might take you seriously.

Forum List

Back