Israel’s efforts to erase Palestinian history reflect ‘incremental genocide...

louie888

Gold Member
Oct 24, 2016
The question about genocide– yes, it’s an incremental genocide. And I think that’s a word that gives a lot of people pause and it certainly should. We don’t see the absolutely mass slaughters, although in Gaza I think we’ve seen something very much like it that we usually associate with genocide. But– the attempts to erase a people, to just erase them, to erase their history, I think follow a logic that can only be called genocidal. I mean, every time someone says– and people say it all the time, I get it on twitter all the time– “There’s no such thing as a Palestinian,” or “There was nobody there when the Zionists arrived”– these are genocidal statements, these are attempts to erase a culture, erase a history, decimate a people and I think they should be recognized as that.

Israel’s efforts to erase Palestinian history reflect ‘incremental genocide,’ Ehrenreich says

I could argue that statements such as "There is no such thing as a Palestinian" and "There was no one here before the [return of the Jewish people]" are acknowledgements of Palestinian history rather than refutations or erasure of it.

By all means, let's acknowledge the history of the Palestinian people. Let's just acknowledge their true history, and not the one they made up to erase Jewish history.

I could argue that statements such as "There is no such thing as a Palestinian" and "There was no one here before the [return of the Jewish people]" are acknowledgements of Palestinian history rather than refutations or erasure of it.

By all means, let's acknowledge the history of the Palestinian people. Let's just acknowledge their true history, and not the one they made up to erase Jewish history.

Fair enough.

Palestinians recently sponsored a UN resolution that referred to the Temple Mount solely as the "Noble Sanctuary." They even became angry when the new Secretary-General of the UN, from Portugal, had the audacity to say that Solomon's Temple once stood there. They are trying to destroy all Temple Mount excavations. They even are trying to usurp traditionally Jewish sites, like the Western Wall and Rachel's Tomb, giving them Muslim names. But they will never succeed.

• Banned
Palestinians recently sponsored a UN resolution that referred to the Temple Mount solely as the "Noble Sanctuary." They even became angry when the new Secretary-General of the UN, from Portugal, had the audacity to say that Solomon's Temple once stood there. They are trying to destroy all Temple Mount excavations. They even are trying to usurp traditionally Jewish sites, like the Western Wall and Rachel's Tomb, giving them Muslim names. But they will never succeed.
Unlike the Colosseum in Rome for example, there is not a shred of evidence that Solomon's temple existed just as there is no evidence that the western wall has anything to do with Jews.

Beyond that, using the bible for an historical reference is just plain dumb.

BTW, this is the thread about the Jewish genocide of the Palestinian people.

The question about genocide– yes, it’s an incremental genocide. And I think that’s a word that gives a lot of people pause and it certainly should. We don’t see the absolutely mass slaughters, although in Gaza I think we’ve seen something very much like it that we usually associate with genocide. But– the attempts to erase a people, to just erase them, to erase their history, I think follow a logic that can only be called genocidal. I mean, every time someone says– and people say it all the time, I get it on twitter all the time– “There’s no such thing as a Palestinian,” or “There was nobody there when the Zionists arrived”– these are genocidal statements, these are attempts to erase a culture, erase a history, decimate a people and I think they should be recognized as that.

Israel’s efforts to erase Palestinian history reflect ‘incremental genocide,’ Ehrenreich says

You're a self-hating Jew.

Unlike the Colosseum in Rome for example, there is not a shred of evidence that Solomon's temple existed just as there is no evidence that the western wall has anything to do with Jews.

BTW, this is yet another silly thread wherein people like you make bellicose claims of "genocide" that are laughably pointless.

“Palestine First” should be the new solution for the Middle East. Since the 1948 establishment of the “Jewish State,” and the contemporaneous nakba — the catastrophic displacement of the Palestinian people — illegally occupied Palestine has been crying for justice. This is more so in this year of 2017 which marks the 50th year of the injustice committed against the illegally ceased territories in 1967.

Since then the Zionist regime has continuously maintained its Judaisation policy with illegal settlement expansion by offering all possible incentives to Jewish settlers who planted themselves like grubs in the “kosher” speck with an incredibly luxurious lifestyle with all imaginable advantages including swimming pools, separate streets for “Jews only, “ and a security system separating them from the Palestinian environment.

How hard-nosed must someone be to live on stolen Palestinian land without empathy for the impoverished indigenous population enduring the occupation hardships of minimum electricity and water. How small-minded must someone be not to be aware of the misery caused to Palestinians by illegal colonisers who believe they were “chosen” by God who promised Palestine. If there was a God, how could He have even wanted such a thing? No way. This Judaism has lost all sense humanity while languishing in the amoral swamp of Judaism’s “Judea and Samaria.”
PALESTINE ~~ THE RIGHT FOR JUSTICE

“Palestine First” should be the new solution for the Middle East. Since the 1948 establishment of the “Jewish State,” and the contemporaneous nakba — the catastrophic displacement of the Palestinian people — illegally occupied Palestine has been crying for justice. This is more so in this year of 2017 which marks the 50th year of the injustice committed against the illegally ceased territories in 1967.

Since then the Zionist regime has continuously maintained its Judaisation policy with illegal settlement expansion by offering all possible incentives to Jewish settlers who planted themselves like grubs in the “kosher” speck with an incredibly luxurious lifestyle with all imaginable advantages including swimming pools, separate streets for “Jews only, “ and a security system separating them from the Palestinian environment.

How hard-nosed must someone be to live on stolen Palestinian land without empathy for the impoverished indigenous population enduring the occupation hardships of minimum electricity and water. How small-minded must someone be not to be aware of the misery caused to Palestinians by illegal colonisers who believe they were “chosen” by God who promised Palestine. If there was a God, how could He have even wanted such a thing? No way. This Judaism has lost all sense humanity while languishing in the amoral swamp of Judaism’s “Judea and Samaria.”
Juan Cole will be delighted you're not stealing from his blog.

Or Stealing someone else's Land, Eh?

In the meantime the West Bank is host to more than 600.000 illegal Jewish settlers have spread their tentacles over stolen Palestinian land where — in the terminology of the Old Testament — they are the 11th plight. Meanwhile, these illegal Jewish settlers are involved in the essential decisions regarding the ethnic cleansing policies of Palestine. They literally siphon off Palestinian water; they murder innocent Palestinians with impunity; and they perpetrate the terror watched over by the Jewish “Defence Force.” Such terror is particularly brutal in Hebron where a couple of hundred hard-core settlers terrorise hundreds pf thousands of Palestinians.

Or Stealing someone else's Land, Eh?

In the meantime the West Bank is host to more than 600.000 illegal Jewish settlers have spread their tentacles over stolen Palestinian land where — in the terminology of the Old Testament — they are the 11th plight. Meanwhile, these illegal Jewish settlers are involved in the essential decisions regarding the ethnic cleansing policies of Palestine. They literally siphon off Palestinian water; they murder innocent Palestinians with impunity; and they perpetrate the terror watched over by the Jewish “Defence Force.” Such terror is particularly brutal in Hebron where a couple of hundred hard-core settlers terrorise hundreds pf thousands of Palestinians.
What stolen Pal'istanian land ™ would that be?

Just about anything is considered genocide these days, I guess. It's like Godwinning, but even better!

The truth of the matter is that in the late 40s, King Abdullah penned a very famous letter to the west called "how the Arabs see the Jews". Now, ignoring the usual laundry list of supremacist grievances whining about the fact Arabs are so second rate despite the way they see themselves as supreme, it doesn't refer to any so-called 'Palestinian" people even once. That is because they hadn't been invented, yet, as it was obviously a case of Arabs hating the Jews that outperformed them at every conceivable level.

With this in mind, how can anybody "erase" a history that does not exist? Is anybody trying to erase the history that dates all the way back to the 1960s? I don't think so, and even if they didn't acknowledge the unrelenting terrorism and desire for killing Jews that forms the identity of these particular Arabs who were created as a people then, how could that possibly be construed as something so absolutely idiotic as genocide?

I swear, the language of the pallywood propagandists keeps getting kookier and kookier. .

Last edited:

There is plenty of evidence that Herod's Temple once stood there, since its destruction is depicted on the Arch of Titus in Rome, and the fact that it's mentioned in the New Testament and by the historian Josephus. The Western Wall was a retaining wall for that Temple. Yet the Muslims are trying to rename it after Mohammed's winged horse! So, instead of the Israelis trying to erase "Palestinian history" (whatever that is), it's actually the other way around.

Its replacement history -- replacing Jewish history with "Palestinian" history.

Last edited:

The irony of posts like this is the demand two entirely different, opposing and mutually exclusive things.

They simultaneously demand that Israel have LESS involvement with the Palestinians in Area C and demand that Israel have MORE involvement in Area C. They want Israel to stop interfering with "Palestinian land" while demanding that Israel provide more infrastructure and services to "Palestinian land".

Well, which is it?

BTW, this is yet another silly thread wherein people like you make bellicose claims of "genocide" that are laughably pointless.

Yes but it is true that in 1948 there were approximately 1.2 million Palestinians living in Israel. And now there are only just over 6 million of them left. Yep! it's a GENOCIDE I tell ya, a GENOCIDE, according to Palestinian mentality.

Population Statistics - Israeli-Palestinian Conflict - ProCon.org

Oh, I don't know MJB, I actually agree that erasing a people's history is genocide. Usurping a people's history is genocide. Replacing a people's history is genocide.

Where we disagree is who is doing it to whom.

Its replacement history -- replacing Jewish history with "Palestinian" history.

"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present, controls the past."

Arabs, along with their useful idiot sympathizers seek to control the narrative by the sheer weight of their superior numbers. It's about the ONLY way in which they are superior.

I've long thought that the fact Jewish people do not seek converts only works against them. Most people are simply too stupid to understand the fallacy of the appeal to popularity, and so in a world where all they hear involves the persecution of one small group, such views are normalized by very nature of their hearing them. We wouldn't be having this conversation of Jewish people proselytized. Heck, with such a head start, there would be at least a couple billion by now instead of just a few million.

Forum List

Back