ISRAEL is our ONLY ALLY in the Mid East.

The funnest thing about this whole discussion is you guys don't even realize you're admitting how big of a failure the War in Iraq was.

Trillions spent, 4,000 dead americans, 100,000 dead Iraqi's, contributing factor to economic turmoil in the US and crippling debt and you people who loved the war still don't even consider Iraq an ally.

Well done, once you're distracted from your partisan talking points in Iraq the truth comes out.

Yes there appears to be a glimmer of hope that the people there want a normal life and I hope and pray for its success

And just what is it "costing" us? We have an ally in the region we have a stable normal democratic civilization in an area surrounded by warring idiot's who's entire basis of life is one religion one that I might add that doesn't allow for any other.

Moreover it has less to do with them helping us as it has to do with us protecting them and a resulting massive war which would completely destabilize the region and that is something we will not allow.

so is it your belief that the only way we can prevent war is to continue to treat israel as if they are somehow special and continue to allow them to do whatever they want?

i happen to think that there are other options and that the sooner we explore those options the better off we'll be - because as it is israel costs us far too much and provides far too little.

At the moment they are special as they are the only democratic government in the region that we can count on.

Do you really think they won't burn that region to the ground if they are attacked again? Do you really want to see what happens if we allow them to be backed into a corner I can safely guarantee that if push comes to shove there won't be a Arab problem any longer in that region.

I'm still wondering what this cost is that you are talking about? We do the same thing all over the world its called buying influence.

The funnest thing about this whole discussion is you guys don't even realize you're admitting how big of a failure the War in Iraq was.

Trillions spent, 4,000 dead americans, 100,000 dead Iraqi's, contributing factor to economic turmoil in the US and crippling debt and you people who loved the war still don't even consider Iraq an ally.

Well done, once you're distracted from your partisan talking points in Iraq the truth comes out.

AHHH who was talking about Iraq? that's a completely separate issue with its own issue's and problem. How are you relating the two?

AHHH who was talking about Iraq? that's a completely separate issue with its own issue's and problem. How are you relating the two?

Israel is our only ally in the middle east=Iraq isn't our ally in the middle east

It's too far into the thread to reorganize the talking points, you've all admitted the Iraq War to be a total failure.

At the moment they are special as they are the only democratic government in the region that we can count on.
count on for what?
Do you really think they won't burn that region to the ground if they are attacked again? Do you really want to see what happens if we allow them to be backed into a corner I can safely guarantee that if push comes to shove there won't be a Arab problem any longer in that region.

I'm still wondering what this cost is that you are talking about? We do the same thing all over the world its called buying influence.

what are we really buying in israel? are we the only thing that keeps them from using their nuclear weapons (weapons we wouldn't let any other non-signatory to the non-proliferation treaty have)?

and the cost is far more than just the aid money and military support we send their way. it's also the cost in normal relations with other countries in the region, the cost of increased risk of terrorist attacks, and the cost of a 'friend' that we allow to spy on and steal from us.

our support of israel is very costly. what do we get in return?

I think you'll find the total Death's In Iraq are nearer 73,846 as they changed the way of reporting deaths, don't count if died of injuries later on, as they were no longer "in" Iraq
Surprise! Iraq War Deaths Exceed Vietnam War

Israel is our only ally in the middle east=Iraq isn't our ally in the middle east

It's too far into the thread to reorganize the talking points, you've all admitted the Iraq War to be a total failure.

I still don't get it Drock what the hell does this have to do with Israel? Iraq isn't even in the thread nobody has talked about success or failure of Iraq or about what was done or not done.

Also where do you get this "you've all admitted" garbage talk about a non-starter NOBODY has talked about Iraq in this thread.

If you're trying to change the topic that's fine but at least come at it in an intelligent fashion not this "you've all" crap.

I think you'll find the total Death's In Iraq are nearer 73,846 as they changed the way of reporting deaths, don't count if died of injuries later on, as they were no longer "in" Iraq
Surprise! Iraq War Deaths Exceed Vietnam War

Thanks for sharing that info, it's a sad reality, but reality always beats a lie.

If Israel is our ally, why are there no Israeli boots on the ground in Iraq and Afghanistan? So this notion that Israel is our "ally" is utter nonsense and anyone who believes it is simply ignorant, or harbors a religious or cultural bias, or has been brainwashed by generations of repetitious deception by Israel supporters and American politicians corrupted by AIPAC money and fear of being accused of anti-Semitism.

Israel is a protectorate. And according to Osama bin Laden's own admonition to us in 1998, our support of that aggressive, troublesome little nation is the main reason we were attacked on 9/11.

Israel can't put boots on the ground in Iraq or Afghanistan because of the way it would look, Muslims are pissed that Israel even exists, if it looks like the Israelis are invading other Muslim countries the situation would be 100 times worse. Israel doesn't have to put Military on the ground to help the US.

Israel can't put boots on the ground in Iraq or Afghanistan because of the way it would look, Muslims are pissed that Israel even exists, if it looks like the Israelis are invading other Muslim countries the situation would be 100 times worse. Israel doesn't have to put Military on the ground to help the US.

so what does israel do to help us?

I still don't get it Drock what the hell does this have to do with Israel? Iraq isn't even in the thread nobody has talked about success or failure of Iraq or about what was done or not done.

Also where do you get this "you've all admitted" garbage talk about a non-starter NOBODY has talked about Iraq in this thread.

If you're trying to change the topic that's fine but at least come at it in an intelligent fashion not this "you've all" crap.

All I can do is repeat myself.

You guys are all babbling about how Israel is our ONLY ally in the middle east.

If they're our only ally, then Iraq isn't an ally. What was the point of piling up all those dead american soldiers when Iraq stays the same? They weren't an ally before the war, and according to you guys, still aren't an ally now.

What does any of this have to do with Israel being our ally?

If they're our only ally, then Iraq isn't an ally. What was the point of piling up all those dead american soldiers when Iraq stays the same? They weren't an ally before the war, and according to you guys, still aren't an ally now.

Iraq is not an ally.

What does any of this have to do with Israel being our ally?

Has nothing to do with them being our ally, the OP said they're our ONLY ally, so he's admitting he doesn't view Iraq as an ally.

Iraq is not an ally.

I agree, just like they weren't before the war.

These jerks your arguing with have no idea...they can't for 1 minute put themselves in Israels place and see this. It's a country about the size of Rhode Island, surrounded by their enemies that are constantly attacking them, and they're supposed to send their army to fight other wars??? Once that happened and they didn't have the protection that country would get wiped out!! My God, some people are really stupid...or just can't help saying stupid things :). But, these people here also love obama, and obama hates Israel (no matter what he says - his actions show it), so they're going to take the same side he does and not use their own brains or use any common sense.

well, isn't that descriptive of 1/2 the countries in Africa right now?

so explain it

why should Israel be any more our problem than anywhere else in the world?
[/QUOTE]

Snarky Sparky,

Listen idiot, and try to understand something that's as obvious as the nose on your physiognomy: ISRAEL IS THE ONLY ALLY.....I REPEAT: ONLY ALLY in the Mid East !!!

GODDIT ????????

count on for what?

what are we really buying in israel? are we the only thing that keeps them from using their nuclear weapons (weapons we wouldn't let any other non-signatory to the non-proliferation treaty have)?

and the cost is far more than just the aid money and military support we send their way. it's also the cost in normal relations with other countries in the region, the cost of increased risk of terrorist attacks, and the cost of a 'friend' that we allow to spy on and steal from us.

our support of israel is very costly. what do we get in return?

So because you fear "increased Terrorist attacks" we shouldn't support a democratic nation tell me that isn't what you meant.

Ya Israel has pulled some boneheaded stunts just as we have done to them and to every other nation.

Do you completely not understand the point of having a stable region and why a stable region is in our nations best interests.

Tell me you understand why it must be....let me explain something as far as I am concern the entire ME could burn itself to a cinder and I think the world would be better off for it. But the reality is we need the region to be mostly stable for our own needs that is a simple fact of life. Not to mention that the world has become a very small place meaning that what happens out there is gong to impact our nation no matter what its just by varying levels of degree's.

Iraq is not an ally.

I agree, just like they weren't before the war.

Iraq was not our ally before the war.

Iraq is not our ally now.

However, we have to do everything we can to keep Iran from getting Iraqi oil.

And, even though Iraq is NOT our ally now.....or before the war........SOME Iraqis still have enough hatred for Iran so that we can still milk that hatred for our own benefit.

Forum List

Back