Israel has the most moral army in the world

Shusha

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2015
So, on another thread, Israel was accused of having the most immoral army in the world. I believe that to not only be a false accusation, but would argue that Israel has the most moral army in the world.

How would we objectively measure the morality of an army? And if you claim that Israel is more or less moral than another army, what evidence would you bring to support your conclusion?

So, on another thread, Israel was accused of having the most immoral army in the world. I believe that to not only be a false accusation, but would argue that Israel has the most moral army in the world.

How would we objectively measure the morality of an army? And if you claim that Israel is more or less moral than another army, what evidence would you bring to support your conclusion?

How do you know that Finland's army isn't more moral? ;-)

How do you know that Finland's army isn't more moral? ;-)

We'd have to examine Finland's policies and procedures to see what they would put in place in the event of an attack. Could be a fun experiment, comparing it to other nations.

But maybe we should limit this topic to those nations and groups actively involved in warfare, though, huh?

Oh I'd love to see this comparison. Lets say the forces fighting in Syria or better yet, Iraq, and compare their records to that of Hamas or Fatah. vs the IDF.

No comparison. The Arabs couldn't care less about human rights or the Geneva Conventions.

Depends on your definition of "moral" and how far you are willing to push it.

By one definition, it would be a disciplined force that follows the Geneva Conventions, and is fair in how they treat their prisoners.

But, by another definition, you could consider the Israeli army to be "immoral" because they allow gays and lesbians to serve openly, and they also don't discriminate based on a persons sexuality.

We need a definition from the OP as to what they consider "moral" behavior.

By one definition, it would be a disciplined force that follows the Geneva Conventions, and is fair in how they treat their prisoners.

But, by another definition, you could consider the Israeli army to be "immoral" because they allow gays and lesbians to serve openly, and they also don't discriminate based on a persons sexuality.

FANTASTIC point! But I don't want to define it for others. I would like others to create their own definitions. Maybe we can come to a consensus.

But that, honestly, is part of the reason why I created this thread. People make sweeping statements and other, one could argue more reasonable, people say, wait a minute! what does that even mean?

You call trashing Gazan homes just for kicks, moral?

Testimony 35 – Vandalism

Soldiers “took out notebooks and text books and ripped them. One guy smashed cupboards for kicks, out of boredom….The deputy company commander’s staff wrote ‘Death to Arabs’ on their walls.” Lip service only was paid to looting. Don’t ask, don’t tell was how it was.

How about no regard for basic hygiene; you call that moral?

Testimony 37 – House Demolitions & Vandalism

Houses were entered with live gunfire, grenades, and other destructive force. Extensive damage was done. Soldiers inside did much more. They had no regard for “even the simplest most basic sanitary stuff like going to the toilet, basic hygiene. I mean you could see they had defecated anywhere and left the stuff lying around.” No one cared.

You call getting your kicks out of vandalizing Gazan homes, moral?

Testimony 39 – Vandalism

Doors inside houses were blasted open. Contents were smashed, television and computer screens. Things of value were looted. “The guys would simply break stuff. Some were out to destroy and trash the whole time. They drew a disgusting drawing on the wall. They threw out sofas. They took down (pictures) just to shatter (them).” They did what they wanted. Who’d stop them? The assumption was “everyone is a terrorist (so) it’s legitimate to do just anything we please.”

Most moral army my ass!

Testimony 44 – Vandalism

Houses were cleared with live fire and people inside taken away. There was no control. Soldiers did what they wanted. At times, they “went crazy.” They did “unnecessary damage to property, smashing stuff, looting. Commanders didn’t care.

You want more? I got more!

You want a definition of moral?

moral = Not the IDF!

FANTASTIC point! But I don't want to define it for others. I would like others to create their own definitions. Maybe we can come to a consensus.

But that, honestly, is part of the reason why I created this thread. People make sweeping statements and other, one could argue more reasonable, people say, wait a minute! what does that even mean?
The IDF is so disgusting, so over the top, that this is actually a joke thread.

Must have forgotten to take a pill.

I think the OP is referencing general policies and typical activities within the operating norms of the various armed forces.

Firstly Pallywood eye witnesses aren't going to fly.

Secondly the Israeli court ordered home demolitions are a judicial act of punishment to those who aid and abet in a crime against the state. Perfectly legal.

Thirdly you presented zero evidence to support your claims.

However its not hard to find evidence that Syrias armies are dropping chlorine bombs on its own people and randomly engaging the civilian population in combat.. Lebanese armies are slaughtering or have slaughtered its own citizens as have Jordanian forces.

Israel at least doesn't randomly target civilians.

Israeli morality is scaring children in the middle of the night.

Billo_Really

So your claim that the IDF is the most immoral army in the world is based on the fact that they break inanimate objects? If you think that demonstrates an unparalleled immorality, the worst army in the world, I'd say you have just delivered the killing blow to your own ass.

Sheesh. THAT was easy. How very disappointing.

There you have it, folks. The most immoral army is the one that doesn't take enough care to the enemies china collection. Murdered half a million people? Made refugees of nearly 7 million people? Pwah. Not even close. The most immoral army in the world threw out a SOFA!

So your claim that the IDF is the most immoral army in the world is based on the fact that they break inanimate objects? If you think that demonstrates an unparalleled immorality, the worst army in the world, I'd say you have just delivered the killing blow to your own ass.

There you have it, folks. The most immoral army is the one that doesn't take enough care to the enemies china collection. Murdered half a million people? Made refugees of nearly 7 million people? Pwah. Not even close. The most immoral army in the world threw out a SOFA!
Moral is not trashing someone's house for the same reason a dog licks its balls.

Moral is not treating everyone in Gaza as a terrorist.

Moral is not going in with the attitude there are no innocents.

Moral is not shitting all over the floor.

Israeli morality is scaring children in the middle of the night.

So is that worse than dropping a 55 gallon drum of chlorine on them ?

What is the less moral act. Gassing Kurds by the thousands or the Arab Muslims hiding behind the skirts of their woman and children who are then frightened when the IDF comes knocking

Coyote

See what I mean? No objective standards, just a belief that Israel (read: Jews) are evil and immoral and throwing around accusations like candy and they are the happy clowns at the circus.

Like I said, you would have to set down a set of "morals" if you want answers to your OP.

Why? What is "moral" in one belief system, may very well be "immoral" in another. Shoot, you can even get that in the divisions of Christians, because some of them believe that it is okay to go dancing and have a drink or two, where as other denominations consider that to be a venal sin.

Otherwise, all you're going to have here instead of a discussion is people shouting about what THEY believe is "moral".

And.................fwiw....................I don't have any morals. I have a belief system and I have values and ethics that I have taken on from that belief system for myself. Morals are values and ethics imposed on the individual by the group collective, whereas values and ethics that are chosen by the individual themselves are much more likely to be followed.

See what I mean? No objective standards, just a belief that Israel (read: Jews) are evil and immoral and throwing around accusations like candy and they are the happy clowns at the circus.
I don't believe Israeli's are immoral; I know they are.

Moral is not trashing someone's house for the same reason a dog licks its balls.

Moral is not treating everyone in Gaza as a terrorist.

Moral is not going in with the attitude there are no innocents.

Moral is not shitting all over the floor.

OMG! And then he defends it. As though the measure of morality is in how one treats inanimate objects. Unbelievable.

(And btw, YOU were the one who said that ALL Israelis in the OPT are fair game. Not me. Not Israel. Unbelievable).

Forum List

Back