Damn I wonder if Netanyahu's been reading our discussions

Boston1

Gold Member
Dec 26, 2015
Colorado
Israel PM wants to expel attackers' relatives to Gaza

Jerusalem (AFP) - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, under pressure over a five-month wave of violence, said Wednesday he wants to expel to Gaza relatives of Palestinian attackers involved in their assaults.

Netanyahu asked the attorney general to examine the possibility of carrying out such expulsions, his office said, while rights groups immediately denounced the move.

"Expelling family members of Palestinian terrorists who aided attacks to Gaza will lead to a significant decrease in terrorist attacks," a spokesman for Netanyahu said on Twitter.

End Quote

They already bulldozed their homes and arrest family members don't they. If Israel would behave like humans instead of terrorist animals perhaps that would solve their problem.

Your funny. Aiding and abetting is a crime. According to the Geneva Conventions its a crime who's penalty includes the loss of ones protected status.

Which means that the Israeli judiciary is well within its right to pass sentence on them from both a civil perspective as well as a martial law perspective.

The FACT is that Israel would be well within its right to expel family members of terrorist from the country on suspicion of aiding the enemy.

Are they Israeli citizens?

Not all that many Arab Muslims in Israel have opted for their Israeli citizenship. Although its been offered to them. I believe the refusniks are given permanent residency cards. As citizens they'd be subject to civil law and could be denaturalized under any number of procedures. As permanent residents they can also be denaturalized but it depends on where in Israel they live.

If its the disputed territories then they are under martial law. In which case the Geneva Conventions apply. If they are in Israel proper then they fall under civil law, although a strong argument exists that the Geneva Conventions still apply.

They already bulldozed their homes and arrest family members don't they. If Israel would behave like humans instead of terrorist animals perhaps that would solve their problem.

perfectly legal under the IHL and Geneva conventions, unlike the Palestinian practise of firing illegal weapons at Israeli children. So who are the animals again, could it be the Palestinians who target children deliberately ?

What would solve their problems is for the UN to expel all muslim states and then enforce the laws in place. Then close down the UNWRA and tell the muslims to look after their own

Irrelevant if they see themselves as Palestinians, this means that they are enemies of Israel and can be deported.

I don't think pali affiliation is enough to kick them out. But if they are suspected of acts against the state then under the Geneva Conventions they can lose their protected persons status and be repatriated to their last country of origin.

coyote.

Thats not Israel's problem. They are not required to have a destination when Israel delivers them to an exit and closes the door behind them.

Your trying to make the defending party responsible for the defeated forces arrayed against it and thats just not a legally justifiable position.

Israel is NOT RESPONSIBLE for where they go.

Irrelevant if they see themselves as Palestinians, this means that they are enemies of Israel and can be deported.

I don't think pali affiliation is enough to kick them out. But if they are suspected of acts against the state then under the Geneva Conventions they can lose their protected persons status and be repatriated to their last country of origin.

coyote.

Thats not Israel's problem. They are not required to have a destination when Israel delivers them to an exit and closes the door behind them.

Your trying to make the defending party responsible for the defeated forces arrayed against it and thats just not a legally justifiable position.

Yes it is Israel's problem. If they are Israeli citizens - no other place is required to accept them. If they want to deport them, they need a country willing to take them.

People can't be stripped of their citizenship if it would leave them stateless.

coyote.

Yes it is Israel's problem. If they are Israeli citizens - no other place is required to accept them. If they want to deport them, they need a country willing to take them.

Nope. If they have full Israeli citizenship then they can still be denaturalized. In the USA that process does not include any responsibility on the governments part to find you a new home.

If they are not citizens and live in the disputed territories then they are under martial law in which case they fall under the Geneva Conventions which DO NOT require the host nation to provide a final destination.

If they are in Israel proper and are not citizens then I'm not so sure but I don't think Israel is responsible for them once they hit the border.

I can't find a single instance in which its clearly stated that Israel would be responsible.

So your going to have to state some international law that supports your claim

Last edited:

Forum List

Back