Israel decries US 'knife in back' over Palestinian govt

pbel

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2012

The Pariahs of the world crying foul?

Jerusalem (AFP) - Washington's support for a new Palestinian government backed by Israel's Islamist foe Hamas, has left the Jewish state feeling betrayed, triggering a new crisis with its closest ally.

Related Stories

Palestinians form unity Cabinet amid Israel threat Associated Press
Don't 'hurry' to back Palestinian govt, Israel PM says AFP
Netanyahu urges world not to recognise Palestinian unity government Reuters
EU open to working with Palestinian unity government Reuters
Negotiator: Palestinian unity government this week Associated Press

Several Israeli ministers expressed public anger on Tuesday after the US State Department said it was willing to work with the new Palestinian unity government put together by the West Bank leadership and Gaza's Hamas rulers.

Technocratic in nature, the new government was sworn in on Monday in front of president Mahmud Abbas, with Washington offering its backing several hours later.

Israel admitted it was "deeply disappointed."

"I have to say I do not understand this American announcement," said Intelligence Minister Yuval Steinitz, accusing Washington of saying one thing behind closed doors and another in public.

"You cannot present it as a Hamas government internally, then present it publically as a government of technocrats," he told army radio.

"If these (ministers) are people who identify with Hamas, Hamas identifies with them and appointed them, then they are representatives of Hamas. This is a Hamas government, and Hamas is a terror organisation," he said.

Speaking to reporters on Monday, State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said the new cabinet would be judged "by its actions."

This gladdens my heart. If the U.S. would drop its support for Israel:
1) we would have over a billion brand new friends! Yay!
2) the moderates could come to the forefront in Israel, and we could start progress toward peace. Amen.

We are the LAST nation in the entire world that seems to almost unconditionally back Israel. Unbelievable.

2) the moderates could come to the forefront in Israel, and we could start progress toward peace. Amen.

We are the LAST nation in the entire world that seems to almost unconditionally back Israel. Unbelievable.

Isn't it wonderful how Amity ignores the fact that the Arabs really don't want peace, but want to see Israel destroyed because they don't want to see any inch of land in the Middle East governed by Jews. I would love to see Amity wander around some Muslim countries with a cross hanging around her neck to see what would happen to her. If they find it so easy to kill each other because of the different sects, does she really think she would be safe?

US failed 99% of the foreign policy.

Pbel the hater can use the 'pariahs of the world' nonsense 100 times and yet again, but even if the so called 'pariahs' know how lame US outside policies are, then Obama failed big time.

Ukraine, Egypt, Lebanon and Libya...NOW Israel. Is there anything Obama HASN'T ruined in the MidEast?

Let the Liberal Islamist-lover Obama embrace Hamas, and Israel fight it. That is how things are supposed to be. He embracing the wicked ones, Israel fighting them.

The only dissapointment is that the Jews of the United States keep the blind eye and still support him.

So go finance the Islamists and get a Sharia and USA and leave Israel the hell alone

Don't forget your taxpayers would have a reduced bill.

Obama forgot his own words....

4t9g7a.jpg

"several ministers" is not Israel any more than john mccain and lindsey graham set US policy.

golda meir would have said "who should we talk peace with? our friends?

let me know when this president forces israel not to retaliate to SCUD attacks or stop getting rid of hezbollah terrorists in the midst of a military action?

Pbel the hater can use the 'pariahs of the world' nonsense 100 times and yet again, but even if the so called 'pariahs' know how lame US outside policies are, then Obama failed big time.

Ukraine, Egypt, Lebanon and Libya...NOW Israel. Is there anything Obama HASN'T ruined in the MidEast?

Let the Liberal Islamist-lover Obama embrace Hamas, and Israel fight it. That is how things are supposed to be. He embracing the wicked ones, Israel fighting them.

The only dissapointment is that the Jews of the United States keep the blind eye and still support him.

Maybe American Jews should care about America first.

Obama forgot his own words....

4t9g7a.jpg

Such a thing never even belonged in a campaign. A politician makes promises to garner votes. He is the President of the United States. His ONLY concern should be the welfare of the American people.

America is their Safe-Haven and for all shades of humanity!

So go finance the Islamists and get a Sharia and USA and leave Israel the hell alone

I'm glad to see you finally coming to your senses, Lip...America should leave Israel alone, No more money, no more Jets,

and no more Terrorism for America...That's what Obama is doing!

American Jews should care about their own lives, first. Hamas and their supporters worldwide look to harm them wherever they are.

No, Americans MUST support America first, however Jews may support Israel over America as anything else would be anti semitic.
Of course, they're actually traitors but you aren't allowed to say that.

Your proposal doesn't seem to be an overwhelming brilliant idea to me. Hallelujah ......Amen and Out.

"several ministers" is not Israel any more than john mccain and lindsey graham set US policy.

golda meir would have said "who should we talk peace with? our friends?

let me know when this president forces israel not to retaliate to SCUD attacks or stop getting rid of hezbollah terrorists in the midst of a military action?

Ministers form part of the ruling Government, the executive branch, they are not members of parliament, McCain and Graham are members of the upper house of parliament (congress) of the U.S. Several ministers, in fact, set Israel's policies.

Forum List

Back