CDZ Israel and Palestine

Coyote, et al,

Several world leaders, like German Chancellor Angela Merkel, UN Secretary-General Ban-Ki Moon, and US President Barack Obama, indicate that a two-state solution is the best way forward to solve the Israeli-Palestinian. Some believe, particularly Middle East Arabs, that the two-state solution has past its prime and beyond resurrection. A fewer number want a one-state answer and some want an alternative three-state solution. But it is not reasonable to assume that the Israeli government would want to take responsibility for the Arab-Palestinians given the political and economic liability they represent; son it is not likely the Israelis will support a one-stale alternative solution.

“In recent years there is growing pressure on the very core of Israeli democracy,” Ari Shavit (a Senior Correspondent at the left-of-center Israeli newspaper Haaretz) writes, in his book My Promised Land : “Occupation takes its moral toll … Ongoing occupation, ongoing conflict and the disintegrating code of humane Zionism are allowing dark forces to menace the nation.”

The Israelis (being only human) have lost their patience with the Arab Palestinians --- a culture that has pursued the conflict for nearly a century. There is no reasonable expectation that the Arab Palestinians have endeared themselves to the Israelis --- and it is not reasonable to assume, that given all the unnecessary grief the Arab Palestinians have levied towards the Israelis, that the Israelis will ever lend a helping hand to the Palestinians.

Similarly, the Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, is desperately trying to get the UN Human Rights Council and the International Community to act on behalf of the Palestinians, in selectively enforcing action against Israel.

It is very unlikely that the International community is going to engage in armed combat with the Israelis to support the Palestinians who have conducted hostile operations against the Israelis for the last 70 years. It might be possible that the International community will try to influence the acceptance of a two-state solution; but even that is not an assured political stance given the lack of cooperation the Palestinians have demonstrated since 1988.

I don't usually @ people but I would like to RoccoR - his posts, even when we don't agree are very thoughtful. I wish I could find the thread we had done discussing this several years ago, I searched again, but I think it was a victim of the software change.

In the years since - the situation in the ME has changed enough that I wonder if the two-state solution is even still possible Rocco?
(COMMENT)

Mahmoud Abbas seems to be a bit annoyed in the Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu mentioning the relationship between Arab Palestinian Leaders like Haj Amin al-Husseini, (Grand Mufti of Jerusalem), Hasan Salama (Commander of the Holy War Army) and Fawzi al-Qawuqji (Commander Arab Liberation Army) with the NAZI Regime. Abbas was suggesting that the Arab Palestinians were Lilly White in their relationship with the NAZIs. Neither side is attempting to set the conditions for good faith negotiations that could lead to a two-state solution. And it is not likely that the Israel will accept a UN imposed settlement.

So, I believe, at this time, negotiations between the two parties is not a reasonable expectation. And it might be the case that the desperate effort on the part of Mahmoud Abbas is in anticipation that he will not be in power very much longer.

Most Respectfully,
R

No doubt this occupation has gone badly. Every one does after a few years. And it's toll is largely on Israel's morality image as your quote says. But Israel could go another 50 years with this internal irritation that passes for Pali "resistance".

The role of US in a solution is really hobbled here, because almost ALL credible solutions I can think of -- don't allow a US prez or political party to take the credit. Not gonna happen at Camp David anymore. So no politician in America cares to participate in the hard work to be done..

Last edited:
You want a peace plan? Well, here it is...
  • Stop protecting Israel with our veto in the UNSC
  • Stop all weapons shipments to Israel
  • Freeze all Israeli assets in US banks
  • Ban AIPAC
  • Submit a resolution to the UNSC telling Israel they got 90 days to end the occupation and blockade, or that decision will no longer be theirs to make
  • On the 91st day, send in the Marines and drive the Israeli's back to Israel
  • Then round up all their white trash settlers and stick them on busses and send them back to Israel
  • Then set up a DMZ along the Green Line and shoot anyone who enters it from either side
That plan will work.
Calling one side "white trash" as you have in the OP is not going to help.

• Ban AIPAC
  • Submit a resolution to the UNSC telling Israel they got 90 days to end the occupation and blockade, or that decision will no longer be theirs to make
  • Then round up all their white trash settlers and stick them on busses and send them back to Israel
  • Then set up a DMZ along the Green Line and shoot anyone who enters it from either side
That plan will work.

Sounds a bit one-sided...
  • Ban AIPAC
That plan will work.

Let's try another RoadMap..

1) Have Jordan, Egypt, Lebanon, Israel collectively and in full trust set up an interim Palestinian Auth..

2) Use military and police from the Arab partners for local law/order and strategic defense in the territories.

3) Disarm any faction that opposes the Interim Govt. == INCLUDING Hamas or any other radicalized foreign proxy that interferes in the process.

4) Restart the development of the Gaza seaport and airport under temporary Egyptian control.

5) Construct an elevated Transit Autobahn between the WB and Gaza. One interchange with access to Jerusalem. Don't tell me this can't be done. I've driven that land.

6) Negotiate exchanges of land including enlarging the Gaza Strip. And trading portions of the Sinai for "demilitarized" buffer zones between Israel and Palestine.

7) Make Israeli "settlers" aware that they will be under the control and protection of the Interim Govt and it's successors.

8) Plan and execute an Arab expansion zone in East Jerusalem which includes infrastructure for the new interim govt.. Make plans for a permanent coalition security force in that city..

9) Borders at Gaza will open under Authority customs when internal insurrection threats are gone.

After 5 or 8 years -- transition this to complete Pali control and start normalization of borders and trade with Israel and the rest of the world. What nation wouldn't kick in $$ and help to make that happen..

THAT plan could work... But the US won't push it because our politicians would get no credit for it's success.

• Ban AIPAC
That plan will work.

XXXX -- Moderation Edit do not
consider Jews to be "white". The do consider arabs to be "white" strictly speaking----arabs are generally "white" in racial designation but ---Arabian arabs are very admixed with sub-Saharan "blacks" Syrians are more ----"caucasion"----genetically. Iraqi arabs-----sorta mixed----genetically. Jews
are generally "white" except for some communities that are admixed with ethiopians

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Ban AIPAC
That plan will work.

• Ban AIPAC
That plan will work.

1) Have Jordan, Egypt, Lebanon, Israel collectively and in full trust set up an interim Palestinian Auth..

2) Use military and police from the Arab partners for local law/order and strategic defense in the territories.

3) Disarm any faction that opposes the Interim Govt. == INCLUDING Hamas or any other radicalized foreign proxy that interferes in the process.

4) Restart the development of the Gaza seaport and airport under temporary Egyptian control.

5) Construct an elevated Transit Autobahn between the WB and Gaza. One interchange with access to Jerusalem. Don't tell me this can't be done. I've driven that land.

6) Negotiate exchanges of land including enlarging the Gaza Strip. And trading portions of the Sinai for "demilitarized" buffer zones between Israel and Palestine.

7) Make Israeli "settlers" aware that they will be under the control and protection of the Interim Govt and it's successors.

8) Plan and execute an Arab expansion zone in East Jerusalem which includes infrastructure for the new interim govt.. Make plans for a permanent coalition security force in that city..

9) Borders at Gaza will open under Authority customs when internal insurrection threats are gone.

After 5 or 8 years -- transition this to complete Pali control and start normalization of borders and trade with Israel and the rest of the world. What nation wouldn't kick in $$ and help to make that happen..

THAT plan could work... But the US won't push it because our politicians would get no credit for it's success.

will not work-----because no muslim country can tolerate a ZIONIST ENTITY in the
middle east------they have so declared

• Ban AIPAC
That plan will work.

• Ban AIPAC
That plan will work.

will not work-----because no muslim country can tolerate a ZIONIST ENTITY in the

Ahhh -- BUT --- Jordan, Egypt, Lebanon CAN tolerate a ZIONIST ENTITY in the Middle East. That's why they are VITAL to any solution that gets the Palestinians some autonomy...

Talk about one-sided? There's nothing in there that makes the Israeli's do anything.

How about making the Israeli's honor international law? How about making the Israeli's honor human rights? How about just ending the silence on Israeli war crimes?

I didn't call the "side" white trash, just their settlers who are trying to get Israel's version of HUD.

Do you know where you are? You cannot deliberately misquote me.
The ENTIRE sentence from statement number 76 by you and I quote
  • "Then round up all their white trash settlers and stick them on busses and send them back to Israel"
Now in order to clarify who are YOU calling white trash? I assumed it was the Jews but will wait for you to clarify.
Thank you.
Fury

• Ban AIPAC
That plan will work.

• Ban AIPAC
That plan will work.

Ahhh -- BUT --- Jordan, Egypt, Lebanon CAN tolerate a ZIONIST ENTITY in the Middle East. That's why they are VITAL to any solution that gets the Palestinians some autonomy...

wrong Hezbollah occupied Lebanon cannot tolerate a Zionist entity in the middle east, Muslim brotherhood Egypt cannot -----so Egypt VACILLATES over time and
Jordan is-------a pawn. In fact even TURKEY has decided to NOT TOLERATE
for now------as has IRAN. -----the rest of the muslim countries would remain a cradle for terrorists who cannot "tolerate"

Talk about one-sided? There's nothing in there that makes the Israeli's do anything.

How about making the Israeli's honor international law? How about making the Israeli's honor human rights? How about just ending the silence on Israeli war crimes?

You're missing the point -- It's complete Israeli withdrawal from the West Bank. Replaced with an Arab country force for policing, justice, and strategic defense. Israel only has to work WITH the Arab partners on issues and problems that arise. They are virtually neutered -- and probably very relieved to make it someone else's problem. Same Interim force polices and protects Gaza.

• Ban AIPAC
That plan will work.

• Ban AIPAC
That plan will work.

wrong Hezbollah occupied Lebanon cannot tolerate a Zionist entity in the middle east, Muslim brotherhood Egypt cannot -----so Egypt VACILLATES over time and
for now------as has IRAN. -----the rest of the muslim countries would remain a cradle for terrorists who cannot "tolerate"

Egypt and Jordan are ALREADY coordinating with Israel for the "neighborhood watch" program. Seems like you are the only entity that can't tolerate a Zionist Entity in that neighborhood..

Turkey and Iran are not important to THIS problem.. Other than to make it clear to Iran that their proxy involvement in the Palestinian situation is no longer welcome. Let them try to disrupt a solid partnership like this and see what happens..

• Ban AIPAC
That plan will work.

Egypt and Jordan are ALREADY coordinating with Israel for the "neighborhood watch" program. Seems like you are the only entity that can't tolerate a Zionist Entity in that neighborhood..

Turkey and Iran are not important to THIS problem.. Other than to make it clear to Iran that their proxy involvement in the Palestinian situation is no longer welcome. Let them try to disrupt a solid partnership like this and see what happens..
The PLO cannot self govern as they have tried and failed. Perhaps the best would be Saudi leadership for a decade or so.

The millions of Arabs living in Israel says otherwise.
Well lets just see, shall we?

From 1948 until 1966 the Palestinians in Israel lived under military rule and in fact under military occupation. Palestinians faced restrictions on the freedom of movement, restrictions on the freedom of press and opinion and legal confiscation of land and property. Under military law Palestinians faced the possibility of deportations, illegal detentions without trial, curfews, house arrests etc.

They don't treat Jews like that in Israel.

An example of an explicit discriminatory law is the “Law of Return” which grants every Jew, wherever he or she resides, automatic Israeli citizenship if desired, at the expense of refugees and stateless persons who have lived on the land for generations.
That's one of Israel's apartheid laws.

Recently the Knesset adopted the “Nationality and Entry into Israel (Temporary Order)” law that bars Palestinians married to Israelis from living with their spouses in Israel. Since the outbreak of the Intifada the issuing of residence permits for Palestinian spouses has been frozen “in light of the security situation and because of the implication(s) of the immigration and the establishment in Israel of foreigners of Palestinian decent.

That's another apartheid law.

I can't imagine you think Arab-Israeli's would approve of being treated like that?

• Ban AIPAC
That plan will work.

you are developing a career in STAND UP COMEDY??? Iran----you are
not WELCOMED------do not involve yourselves --------- get your boy NUS KHARAH ALLAH OUT of the southern Lebanon with his long range missile launchers loaded with BABY BRAIN SMASHING BOMBS-------because Flacal says
"IRAN ---YOU DON'T COUNT" and-----no doubt-----the imams of Lebanon and Jordan and Egypt will ANOUNCE in all the mosques thereof-----"WE ARE STINKING LIARS-----ISRAEL HAD A RIGHT TO EXIST AS A JEWISH COUNTRY----we were joking all these centuries"

The PLO cannot self govern as they have tried and failed. Perhaps the best would be Saudi leadership for a decade or so.

When I said "Interim Govt" or "authority" that has nothing to do with Fatah, PLO, or Hamas. It is a temporary govt set up by the partners. (Egypt, Jordan, Israel, Lebanon). Literally a new reboot. Only to the extent of providing stability for the Palestinians and get Israel out of the Occupation biz. It IS a form of temporary occupation, but with the goal of creating and encouraging a true Palestinian state eventually..

Last edited:

From 1948 until 1966 the Palestinians in Israel lived under military rule and in fact under military occupation. Palestinians faced restrictions on the freedom of movement, restrictions on the freedom of press and opinion and legal confiscation of land and property. Under military law Palestinians faced the possibility of deportations, illegal detentions without trial, curfews, house arrests etc.

An example of an explicit discriminatory law is the “Law of Return” which grants every Jew, wherever he or she resides, automatic Israeli citizenship if desired, at the expense of refugees and stateless persons who have lived on the land for generations.

Recently the Knesset adopted the “Nationality and Entry into Israel (Temporary Order)” law that bars Palestinians married to Israelis from living with their spouses in Israel. Since the outbreak of the Intifada the issuing of residence permits for Palestinian spouses has been frozen “in light of the security situation and because of the implication(s) of the immigration and the establishment in Israel of foreigners of Palestinian decent.

I can't imagine you think Arab-Israeli's would approve of being treated like that?
I ask again VERY civil.
  • "Then round up all their white trash settlers and stick them on busses and send them back to Israel"
YOUR comment number 76. Who is "white trash"? PLEASE clarify.
Thank you.
Fury

You're confusing Palestinians with Arab Israelis. Plenty of Arabs involved in Israeli govt during the period you quoted. TK was talking about Arabs who have been citizens from way back in time..

right-----the don't treat jews like that in Israel-------I agree with you that arabs in Israel should be treated in the same way that jews in Saudi arabia and Yemen and Iraq and Syria and Lebanon etc etc etc are treated EQUITY IS ALL

I'm not spending enough time on this to fill in ALL the details of course. But the main point is -- It's NOT just an Israeli problem/solution.. No way things move off square one without a regional solution..

You have just been conditioned to BELIEVE that Israel's experience with Palestin

When I said "Interim Govt" or "authority" that has nothing to do with Fatah, PLO, or Hamas. It is a temporary govt set up by the partners. (Egypt, Jordan, Israel, Lebanon). Literally a new reboot. Only to the extent of providing stability for the Palestinians and get Israel out of the Occupation biz. It IS a form of temporary occupation, but with the goal of creating and encouraging a true Palestinian state eventually..
I see Egypt and Jordan is rather peaceful so yes a force by them could take care of it. BUT that being said would those folks follow that leadership any better?

Forum List

Back