Isn't North Carolina a battleground state?

The website came up with 72 combinations of states that will give Romney the victory. Of the 72 combos, 22 include PA which isn't going to happen. Of the 50 combos that are remaining, 13 have him requiring Wisconsin. Again; not likely to happen. Obama is huge there.

Romney has a very real chance of winning Pennsylvania and Wisconsin this year.

Well his name is on the ballot. The only way he will win either of those states is if they print his name on and leave Mr. Obama's off. Eastern PA; is owned by Obama.

obama has simply lost too many demographic groups to win. Whites, Christians, Jews, even blacks! He has no unifying message, the democrat party itself is falling apart. obama is going to lose and he's going to blame Biden.

He'll still win 95% of blacks and a majority of Jews, but he's hurting with middle class whites and that is what will cost him the election if he loses.
You both conveniently leave out:

Hispanics
Gays
Youth

I think the Hispanic and youth vote will be depressed relative to their numbers in 2008.

What percentage of the population is gay?

They voted for Elizabeth Dole, too, albeit not in 2008.

The point is, YOU think that it is a static thing and a given.

You are myopic and silly.

You are unable to think clearly.

It's ok.

You're an overly partisan true believer. Have fun.

But in the interim, you would do well to open your eyes and ears.

You don't get it. All I believe in are the numbers and set-up. I like Obama, but I made the same predictions about Bush in 2004 and for the same reasons. As I said you are basing your thoughts on you dislike for Obama.

Who wins the presidency doesn't effect my life or income, so this is all just a game to me. But you are clouded by caring.

You are clouded by dopiness.

I do care since I think this President is damaging to the Republic.

Who wins this election DOES matter.

I don't really care what you believe in this regard.

But you are also wrong on a more fundamental level. I see what's happening. YOU for some reason can't see it or choose not to. What is happening is that the worm has turned. The fawning sycophants like you who would blow the dolt in chief are dwindling in number. The so-called "swing" states are far from certain to go into the DNC pile.

The President is going to lose. That is my prediction, not a phony guarantee such as you offer. But I do see him losing.

And yes, I am grateful for that.

You didn't seem to care when Republican legislators were making it more attractive to send jobs overseas than keeping them here.

You didn't seem to care when Republican legislators were putting the country into massive debt with tax cuts for the wealthy.

I could do about 15 more of these. So spare us this concern over 'the republic'.

The website came up with 72 combinations of states that will give Romney the victory. Of the 72 combos, 22 include PA which isn't going to happen. Of the 50 combos that are remaining, 13 have him requiring Wisconsin. Again; not likely to happen. Obama is huge there.

Wisconsin President Obama 1.6

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Wisconsin: Romney vs. Obama

Pennsyvania President Obama 7.0

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Pennsylvania: Romney vs. Obama

Election 2012: North Carolina President
North Carolina: Romney 51%, Obama 43%

Election 2012: North Carolina President - Rasmussen Reports™

Yeah yeah. It's still early. I know. I even agree. But I am SO fucking sick and tired of the lefty political pundits here (and elsewhere) telling us all so confidently that Romney's uphill battle is insurmountable.

It really isn't.

NC isn't a battleground state...

0bama doesn't have a prayer there...

North Carolina Governor Romney 1.0

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - North Carolina: Romney vs. Obama

Wisconsin President Obama 1.6

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Wisconsin: Romney vs. Obama

Pennsyvania President Obama 7.0

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Pennsylvania: Romney vs. Obama

Wisconsin is a toss up now (was a "leans 0bama") and PA only "leans 0bama"...

I guarantee the 0bama camp is taking notice of recent trends...

Yeah yeah. It's still early. I know. I even agree. But I am SO fucking sick and tired of the lefty political pundits here (and elsewhere) telling us all so confidently that Romney's uphill battle is insurmountable.

It really isn't.

NC isn't a battleground state...

0bama doesn't have a prayer there...

North Carolina Governor Romney 1.0

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - North Carolina: Romney vs. Obama

I will comfortably predict your Hero Zero loses NC....

They voted for Elizabeth Dole, too, albeit not in 2008.

The point is, YOU think that it is a static thing and a given.

You are myopic and silly.

You are unable to think clearly.

It's ok.

You're an overly partisan true believer. Have fun.

But in the interim, you would do well to open your eyes and ears.

You don't get it. All I believe in are the numbers and set-up. I like Obama, but I made the same predictions about Bush in 2004 and for the same reasons. As I said you are basing your thoughts on you dislike for Obama.

Who wins the presidency doesn't effect my life or income, so this is all just a game to me. But you are clouded by caring.

You are clouded by dopiness.

I do care since I think this President is damaging to the Republic.

Who wins this election DOES matter.

I don't really care what you believe in this regard.

But you are also wrong on a more fundamental level. I see what's happening. YOU for some reason can't see it or choose not to. What is happening is that the worm has turned. The fawning sycophants like you who would blow the dolt in chief are dwindling in number. The so-called "swing" states are far from certain to go into the DNC pile.

The President is going to lose. That is my prediction, not a phony guarantee such as you offer. But I do see him losing.

And yes, I am grateful for that.

Scared white people make me laugh. My guarantee will be as much of a fact in November as it is today, since Obama is going to win.

It really isn't.

North Carolina will go for Romney in 2012. They voted for Obama in 2008--but after this gay marriage endorsement coming from Obama's --it certainly doesn't look good for him here--as they voted on the same day that Obama announced his support for gay marriage--overwhelming against it--this along with Colorado legislators voting against civil unions just a few days ago.

A proposed amendment to North Carolina’s constitution which would make marriage between a man and woman the only legal union recognized by the state passed a statewide vote on Tuesday.

The referendum- North Carolina Amendment One- goes a step beyond outlawing same-sex marriage, which was already illegal in the state. The law decrees that “marriage between one man and one woman is the only domestic legal union that shall be valid or recognized in this State”- meaning that civil unions and potentially other types of domestic partnerships will no longer be legally recognized.

With 99.9 percent of precincts reporting, support for the amendment was strong- with about 61 percent of North Carolina voters casting their ballots in favor of the amendment, and roughly 39 percent voting against it, according to the North Carolina State Board of Elections.
Amendment One North Carolina: Anti-Gay Marriage Measure Passes - ABC News

Last edited:
The media would like you to believe NC is a battleground state, just to add some drama. They have some hipster musicians working on "Battleground State" intro theme music as we speak.

Lots of synthesized horns and drums and whoosing sounds.

Your brains are being marinated in yellow journalism.

I believe 2008 was the first time NC went blue in a long time, so believing it is guaranteed blue this time around makes little sense. Having the Democratic Convention in NC should help Obama, but I'm not sure it will be enough.

In the big picture, Obama has a big lead of solid electoral votes. For Obama to win, he needs to win a small number of the swing states. For Romney to win, he needs to win almost all of the swing states. This obviously gives Obama a huge advantage, but it doesn't mean he can't lose. Bush won twice pretty much the way Romney will need to win, by winning all of the swing states by the slightest of margins. It's definitely not out of the realm of possibility, but in the end, I do think Obama will hold on and pull out a close victory.

The media would like you to believe NC is a battleground state, just to add some drama. They have some hipster musicians working on "Battleground State" intro theme music as we speak.

I believe 2008 was the first time NC went blue in a long time, so believing it is guaranteed blue this time around makes little sense. Having the Democratic Convention in NC should help Obama, but I'm not sure it will be enough.

In the big picture, Obama has a big lead of solid electoral votes. For Obama to win, he needs to win a small number of the swing states. For Romney to win, he needs to win almost all of the swing states. This obviously gives Obama a huge advantage, but it doesn't mean he can't lose. Bush won twice pretty much the way Romney will need to win, by winning all of the swing states by the slightest of margins. It's definitely not out of the realm of possibility, but in the end, I do think Obama will hold on and pull out a close victory.

Obama is already toast in N. Carolina--regardless of the convention. I don't know what poll you're looking at to suggest that Obama has a big lead in electoral votes????--but Obama needs to win at least 5 swing states--NC being one of them. With the economy and his gay marriage endorsement-- I don't see that happening. The democrat governor of Colorado- says Obama is going to have a hard time winning Colorado.

Obama’s Popularity Has Eroded In The “Core” Battleground States, Which Will “Require Untold Millions” For Obama In 2012. “The core battlegrounds of 2008 remain unchanged in 2012: Ohio, Florida, Virginia, North Carolina and Pennsylvania. All are marginal Obama states where his popularity has sagged, and will require untold millions in cash and other resources, campaign officials say.” (Glenn Thrush, “President Obama's Campaign Expands Its 2012 Map,” Politico, 6/8/11)
“In Four States That May Prove Key To The Obama Re-Election Strategy—Florida, Nevada, North Carolina And Michigan—The Jobless Picture Is Bleak.” (Sara Murray, “Job Picture Set to Test Obama in Key States, ”Obama Will “Have A Hard Time” In Colorado “Democratic Strategists Have Said That Keeping Colorado In Obama's Column Is A Priority Next Year.”
http://www.gop.com/index.php/briefing/comments/battleground_blues

Last edited:

It really isn't.

First, it's Rassmussen. Might as well be looking at Chicken Entrails.

Secondly, Romney has to win NC to be competitive. Obama can lose it and still win easily.

The website
270towin.com has possible combinations of the ten swing states they identified. The combinations for Obama have as few as 3 states to deliver victory. For Romney there is no model with fewer than four and almost all of them depend on his winning Wisconsin or Pennsylvania; both of which will almost certainly go Obama. And even those depended upon his winning Florida. Southern Wisconsin is owned by Obama much as Eastern Pennsylvania has been a DNC stronghold for pretty much a generation now. The last time a GOP hopeful won PA was in 1988.

Times they are a changing is true but not enough to benefit Romney much.

We should know by 5:00 Mountain Time who the next President is unless we have a 2000 type race. Which we may. There were 15 scenarios for a tie also on the website.

Obama is already toast in N. Carolina--regardless of the convention. I don't know what poll you're looking at to suggest that Obama has a big lead in electoral votes????--but Obama needs to win at least 5 swing states--NC being one of them. With the economy and his gay marriage endorsement-- I don't see that happening. The democrat governor of Colorado- says Obama is going to have a hard time winning Colorado.

Obama’s Popularity Has Eroded In The “Core” Battleground States, Which Will “Require Untold Millions” For Obama In 2012. “The core battlegrounds of 2008 remain unchanged in 2012: Ohio, Florida, Virginia, North Carolina and Pennsylvania. All are marginal Obama states where his popularity has sagged, and will require untold millions in cash and other resources, campaign officials say.” (Glenn Thrush, “President Obama's Campaign Expands Its 2012 Map,” Politico, 6/8/11)
“In Four States That May Prove Key To The Obama Re-Election Strategy—Florida, Nevada, North Carolina And Michigan—The Jobless Picture Is Bleak.” (Sara Murray, “Job Picture Set to Test Obama in Key States, ”Obama Will “Have A Hard Time” In Colorado “Democratic Strategists Have Said That Keeping Colorado In Obama's Column Is A Priority Next Year.”
Battleground Blues | RNC: Republican National Committee | GOP

Please tell us what poll(s) you're looking at to suggest Obama needs to win 5 toss-up states. He has 217 without breaking a sweat. Michigan? <snicker>

Battleground Blues | RNC: Republican National Committee | GOP

Please tell us what poll(s) you're looking at to suggest Obama needs to win 5 toss-up states. He has 217 without breaking a sweat. Michigan? <snicker>

He "has" 217?

No.

He might "have" 217. But then again, he might find that he's sweating quite heavily to "keep" those which are supposedly safely in his column.

When the states he has previously considered to be HIS states slowly start to become "swing" states of states in play, maybe you guys will stop making assholes of yourselves by telling us all with such pretend certainty that the President is "going" to win.

It is a sad fact that the President COULD win re-election. It is FAR from in the bag, however. Indeed, it may be moving in the opposite direction.

The Challenge for Romney is not that he has to to take one battleground state but that he has to take nearly all of them. North Carolina has a recent swing in a Rassmussen Poll....not time to pull out thye champaign

The Challenge for Romney is not that he has to to take one battleground state but that he has to take nearly all of them. North Carolina has a recent swing in a Rassmussen Poll....not time to pull out thye champaign

That too is mere fantasy predicated (largely) on the belief that the States currently deemed to be safely in the DNC column will remain so.

The belief is arrogant and may yet prove to be baseless.

Given Romney's habitual hoof in mouth, it may well be that the problem will be keeping supposedly red states from going blue.

Moldy Socks seems to imagine that the TOTUS never fucks up a turn of phrase.

Foot in mouth?

The President (almost as bad as the Vice President) has athletes tongue.

Forum List

Back