Isn't North Carolina a battleground state?

Election 2012: North Carolina President
North Carolina: Romney 51%, Obama 43%

Election 2012: North Carolina President - Rasmussen Reports™

Yeah yeah. It's still early. I know. I even agree. But I am SO fucking sick and tired of the lefty political pundits here (and elsewhere) telling us all so confidently that Romney's uphill battle is insurmountable.

It really isn't.

One poll in May showing Romney up eight points does not mean NC is no longer a battle ground.

Very true.

But it is an indication that the "swing" states or "battleground" states may not necessarily break for the re-election of the incumbent.

Yeah yeah. It's still early. I know. I even agree. But I am SO fucking sick and tired of the lefty political pundits here (and elsewhere) telling us all so confidently that Romney's uphill battle is insurmountable.

It really isn't.

One poll in May showing Romney up eight points does not mean NC is no longer a battle ground.

Very true.

But it is an indication that the "swing" states or "battleground" states may not necessarily break for the re-election of the incumbent.

It would be great if Obama won NC but he doesn't need it. Nor does he need Florida.

He needs Ohio, New Hampshire AND either Iowa OR Colorado OR Wisconsin.

For the most part, I agree. But when the butt rashes like Salt Peter and his liberal Democrat brothers and sisters constantly "assure" all the rest of us that the "race" is already effectively "over," I think the current mood (as reflected with some accuracy) in a present day poll MIGHT be instructive.

2012 Presidential Election Interactive Map and History of the Electoral College

CLick on NC on the interactive map of present day electoral count (a map that presupposes the races state by state come out as indicated): When it turns RED, the race has tightened up NICELY.

And FLA is always dicey, but the President happens to suck dick at his job. SO if FLA goes red, too, (try it) the race is no longer such a fucking "gimmee" for the incumbent.

I'm not assuring anyone. I'm telling you that Romney doesn't have and won't have the electoral college votes to win. He doesn't have the organization and hasn't laid the ground work to get the vote out on election day and Obama is pulling in the big cash already.

It's not my fault if you are scared and too lazy to study the topic.

No. You're not "telling." You are merly asserting a profoundly ignorant (albeit form?) belief.

Thankfully, it is pretty clear that not only are you wrong, but you are becoming more and more wrong with each passing day.

You just can't face the fact that President Obama is a clusterfuck of fail.

Your statement proves your lack of knowledge. I am telling you facts, not beliefs. I know one day I will die. It hasn't happened yet, but it is a fact. It's not a belief. Just as the fact that Obama will win, is not a belief. The facts are that Obama will have more money, a vastly superior ground and web based organization and is a better campaigner. Plus the demographics are on his side.

Last edited:
I'm not defensive. I'm just stating the facts. McCain led and the race was considered close at one point.

I'm a "bullshit artist" for stating that Obama will win? Are you a bullshit artist for saying Romney will win?

I am NOT saying that Romney WILL win. I am saying that there is good reason to believe that he will over President Obama. Unlike you, even if I make a bet on it, I acknowledge that the outcome is not certain.

But, it is becoming increasingly clear that the empty suit infesting the Oval Orifice is not only in over his head, he is a fail.

And the American electorate are not fond of getting fooled twice.

They voted for Bush and Clinton.

Did you think Bob Dole would win?

I'm betting the organization, money and numbers. You are betting your heart. Romney will lose.

They voted for Elizabeth Dole, too, albeit not in 2008.

The point is, YOU think that it is a static thing and a given.

You are myopic and silly.

You are unable to think clearly.

It's ok.

You're an overly partisan true believer. Have fun.

But in the interim, you would do well to open your eyes and ears.

I'm not assuring anyone. I'm telling you that Romney doesn't have and won't have the electoral college votes to win. He doesn't have the organization and hasn't laid the ground work to get the vote out on election day and Obama is pulling in the big cash already.

No. You're not "telling." You are merly asserting a profoundly ignorant (albeit form?) belief.

Thankfully, it is pretty clear that not only are you wrong, but you are becoming more and more wrong with each passing day.

Your statement proves your lack of knowledge. I telling you facts, not beliefs. I know one day I will die. It hasn't happened yet, but it is a fact. It's not a belief. Just as the fact that Obama will win, is not a belief. The facts are that Obama will have more money, a vastly superior ground and web based organization and is a better campaigner. Plus the demographics are on his side.

One day we will all die. That is a fact.

The statement you make regarding the inevitability of the re-election of President Obama is a mere belief.

You pretending otherwise doesn't change that.

Very true.

I never thought he would win North Carolina again anyway. He barely carried it in 2008 and that was with the winds of Obamania behind his back.

Very true.

It would be great if Obama won NC but he doesn't need it. Nor does he need Florida.

He needs Ohio, New Hampshire AND either Iowa OR Colorado OR Wisconsin.

There are a variety of scenarios that give him the win.

On the other hand, there are a lesser set of scenarios that give Romney the win.

Nothing is certain.

Well, it is certain that President Obama SUCKS massively at his job.

Very true.

I never thought he would win North Carolina again anyway. He barely carried it in 2008 and that was with the winds of Obamania behind his back.

I agree. And I ALSO agree that I could lose my bet.

All I am saying is that the claimed "certainty" of an Obama re-election is an absurd belief.

He might win. But at this point, it's flatly not a certainty. In fact, I expect him to lose.

I am NOT saying that Romney WILL win. I am saying that there is good reason to believe that he will over President Obama. Unlike you, even if I make a bet on it, I acknowledge that the outcome is not certain.

But, it is becoming increasingly clear that the empty suit infesting the Oval Orifice is not only in over his head, he is a fail.

And the American electorate are not fond of getting fooled twice.

I'm betting the organization, money and numbers. You are betting your heart. Romney will lose.

It's ok.

You don't get it. All I believe in are the numbers and set-up. I like Obama, but I made the same predictions about Bush in 2004 and for the same reasons. As I said you are basing your thoughts on you dislike for Obama.

Who wins the presidency doesn't effect my life or income, so this is all just a game to me. But you are clouded by caring.

obama won North Carolina last time by 14,000 points. He has been trying to hang onto that very slim peg, right up to the pont where he came out as supporting same sex marriage the day after North Carolina took a vote on the issue.

obama has simply lost too many demographic groups to win. Whites, Christians, Jews, even blacks! He has no unifying message, the democrat party itself is falling apart. obama is going to lose and he's going to blame Biden.

obama has simply lost too many demographic groups to win. Whites, Christians, Jews, even blacks! He has no unifying message, the democrat party itself is falling apart. obama is going to lose and he's going to blame Biden.

He'll still win 95% of blacks and a majority of Jews, but he's hurting with middle class whites and that is what will cost him the election if he loses.

It's ok.

You don't get it. All I believe in are the numbers and set-up. I like Obama, but I made the same predictions about Bush in 2004 and for the same reasons. As I said you are basing your thoughts on you dislike for Obama.

Who wins the presidency doesn't effect my life or income, so this is all just a game to me. But you are clouded by caring.

You are clouded by dopiness.

I do care since I think this President is damaging to the Republic.

Who wins this election DOES matter.

I don't really care what you believe in this regard.

But you are also wrong on a more fundamental level. I see what's happening. YOU for some reason can't see it or choose not to. What is happening is that the worm has turned. The fawning sycophants like you who would blow the dolt in chief are dwindling in number. The so-called "swing" states are far from certain to go into the DNC pile.

The President is going to lose. That is my prediction, not a phony guarantee such as you offer. But I do see him losing.

And yes, I am grateful for that.

Your statement proves your lack of knowledge. I am telling you facts, not beliefs. I know one day I will die. It hasn't happened yet, but it is a fact. It's not a belief. Just as the fact that Obama will win, is not a belief. The facts are that Obama will have more money, a vastly superior ground and web based organization and is a better campaigner. Plus the demographics are on his side.

No, it's not a fact. Your reasoning is clouded by your emotional hope for O to win again. And quite simply, the facts are: high unemployment, horrible economy, endless barrage of class warfare tactics raised at the people, no energy plan, endless spending, along with failed policies and scandals littering the landscape. That's not a recipe for winning re-election.

For fun: Go to the interactive electoral map. 2012 Presidential Election Interactive Map and History of the Electoral College

Look at the current Electoral Vote tally (assuming things are what they seem to be so far).

THEN, click NC to turn it Romney Red.

THEN -- Warning Signs in Wisconsin for Obama - Washington Wire - WSJ

FLIP Wisconsin. NOW look at the Electoral tally!

Remember, this is just a bit of hypothetical fluff. None of it means shit -- yet.

BUT -- still -- the ASSumptions of jokes like Salt Peter are worth a laff.

It really isn't.
I don't think Team Obama was counting on NC, even before the marriage equality issue. He won it in 2008 by only 14,000, I believe.

But to take the other side of the argument, remember that NC is lousy with retired military who most likely voted for fake war hero John McCain. None of Bishop Romney's clan have ever served their country (I'm talking U.S., not Mexico), while Commander In Chief Obama has been a killing machine against al Qaeda.

PLUS, NC is also lousy with fundamentalists and Southern Baptists (redundant, I know), who believe Bishop Romney is a cultist (he is!). Those who actually believe in their religion and their values may stay home.

Of course, we know that people will gladly throw their religion under the bus for an extra dollar, so who knows?

It really isn't.
I don't think Team Obama was counting on NC, even before the marriage equality issue. He won it in 2008 by only 14,000, I believe.

But to take the other side of the argument, remember that NC is lousy with retired military who most likely voted for fake war hero John McCain. None of Bishop Romney's clan have ever served their country (I'm talking U.S., not Mexico), while Commander In Chief Obama has been a killing machine against al Qaeda.

PLUS, NC is also lousy with fundamentalists and Southern Baptists (redundant, I know), who believe Bishop Romney is a cultist (he is!). Those who actually believe in their religion and their values may stay home.

Of course, we know that people will gladly throw their religion under the bus for an extra dollar, so who knows?

I bet that Team Obama has been "counting" on Wisconsin. (See the Wisconsin story link at http://www.usmessageboard.com/5294399-post36.html )

:eusa_whistle:

It really isn't.

Watch and see what happens to Romney. Remember when McCain led in 2008?

Watch and learn.

Its 2012 things are a bit different.
Every time I see you post I am reminded that you are the fucking idiot who can't spell 'chicken'. :lol:

Forum List

Back