Isn't He Wonderful...Stevie wonder.

Legendary songwriter, musician and singer Stevie Wonder cancelled his scheduled performance at a fundraiser to benefit the Israel Defense Forces.

Wonder, the recipient of 25 Grammy Awards and an Academy Awards, claimed that his attendance at the Friends of the Israel Defense Forces (FIDF) Western Regional Gala on Thursday, December 6th would be inconsistent with his status as a UN "Messenger of Peace."

The renowned performer had come under intense social media pressure to pull out of the event, with two different online petitions garnering thousands of signatures.

“You were arrested in 1985 protesting South African Apartheid, now we ask you: please remember that apartheid is apartheid, whether it comes from White Afrikaaner settlers of South Africa or from Jewish Israelis in Israel,” one petition reads. “Desmond Tutu has recognized that Israel’s Apartheid is worse than South Africa’s – will you stand with us against apartheid and cancel your performance at the IDF fundraiser.”

Stevie Wonder Pulls Out of FIDF Concert - Inside Israel - News - Israel National News

THANK YOU, STEVIE WONDER.

Little Stevie Wonder dropped in my college unanounced...being student pres. at the time, we got him a piano from the Music Room and he played for us...

I guess Stevie Wonder worried about all those on-line petitions and what it would do to his career. Someone should have told Stevie Wonder what they would called him in Arabic and that slavery still goes on in the Arab world.. Meanwhile, there have been many entertainers who have been told not to go perform in Israel, and they didn't chicken out and went so whomever is salivating over the Stevie Wonder affair, think about those entertainers who hav had no problem going to Israel to perform even though the Jew haters have told them not to go.
http://www.jewishjournal.com/hollywoodjew/item/did_stevie_wonder_succumb_to_israel_haters

it is not who shows, it is who doesn't show, and there are a lot of entertainers boycotting israel. i read the article. they sort o trash stevie wonder.

now, you know i rarely use the word "dualie" but sometimes it is appropriate, and this is one of those times. we have young men and women serving overseas and coming home all screwed up and these jewish americans are off fundraising for a foreign army. i checked their site. not one word about our own brave kids. i will question their loyalty. these americans are more loyal to israel than america, and at a time when our own kids need our support (and their support) so badly.

what if everyone did that...supported the armies of the countries of their ancestors at the expense of their own soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines.

shame on the FIDF.

and knock it off with that stupid "jew hater" shite. long, long before, almost five years before, the israeli foreign ministry came out with the memorandum to stop using "anti-semite", i was telling you all that you were using it too much. "jew hater" is a poor substitute. it is silly name calling and a lot odf these so called "jew haters", many of the leaders of these alleged "jew haters", are jews themselves.

blame it on the pathetically limited response-capacity of Zio-kooks: hit them with any uncontroversial fact and the "Jew-hater' stand-by is tossed out almost reflexively....if the critic is Jewish--like Chomsky or Finkelstein----they are branded 'self-hating Jews'....Zionists are basically terrified, highly reactive folks...
Of course Little Heinzie would not have no problem with any of our stars appearing in Muslim countries even though they treat the minorities horribly. In fact, if Little Heinzie had more get up and go, he would no doubt be putting on a benefit for Hamas or some other terror group. Actually, Heinzie, it seems that you are terrified at the thought of getting a real job.

Legendary songwriter, musician and singer Stevie Wonder cancelled his scheduled performance at a fundraiser to benefit the Israel Defense Forces.

Wonder, the recipient of 25 Grammy Awards and an Academy Awards, claimed that his attendance at the Friends of the Israel Defense Forces (FIDF) Western Regional Gala on Thursday, December 6th would be inconsistent with his status as a UN "Messenger of Peace."

The renowned performer had come under intense social media pressure to pull out of the event, with two different online petitions garnering thousands of signatures.

“You were arrested in 1985 protesting South African Apartheid, now we ask you: please remember that apartheid is apartheid, whether it comes from White Afrikaaner settlers of South Africa or from Jewish Israelis in Israel,” one petition reads. “Desmond Tutu has recognized that Israel’s Apartheid is worse than South Africa’s – will you stand with us against apartheid and cancel your performance at the IDF fundraiser.”

Stevie Wonder Pulls Out of FIDF Concert - Inside Israel - News - Israel National News

I guess Stevie Wonder worried about all those on-line petitions and what it would do to his career. Someone should have told Stevie Wonder what they would called him in Arabic and that slavery still goes on in the Arab world.. Meanwhile, there have been many entertainers who have been told not to go perform in Israel, and they didn't chicken out and went so whomever is salivating over the Stevie Wonder affair, think about those entertainers who hav had no problem going to Israel to perform even though the Jew haters have told them not to go.
http://www.jewishjournal.com/hollywoodjew/item/did_stevie_wonder_succumb_to_israel_haters

it is not who shows, it is who doesn't show, and there are a lot of entertainers boycotting israel. i read the article. they sort o trash stevie wonder.

now, you know i rarely use the word "dualie" but sometimes it is appropriate, and this is one of those times. we have young men and women serving overseas and coming home all screwed up and these jewish americans are off fundraising for a foreign army. i checked their site. not one word about our own brave kids. i will question their loyalty. these americans are more loyal to israel than america, and at a time when our own kids need our support (and their support) so badly.

what if everyone did that...supported the armies of the countries of their ancestors at the expense of their own soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines.

shame on the FIDF.

and knock it off with that stupid "jew hater" shite. long, long before, almost five years before, the israeli foreign ministry came out with the memorandum to stop using "anti-semite", i was telling you all that you were using it too much. "jew hater" is a poor substitute. it is silly name calling and a lot odf these so called "jew haters", many of the leaders of these alleged "jew haters", are jews themselves.
Does anyone really think that Seal would have called the Irish men dualies who used to put money in a bucket at the Irish bars here in America for the owners of the bars to send to the IRA? Of course he wouldn't. He would have stood at that bucket and told the bar patrons to not be cheap when it came to the IRA. So, Seal, how much time are you volunteering each day to help our boys who are coming home now. Tell us how involved you are.

Seal, are you holding up okay on your disposable diapers? Please advise. Ya hear?

shame on the FIDF.

The only wonderful thing about Stevie Wonder are his songs, he like so many in Hollywood should stay away from politics. FAR AWAY ! Please Stevie do us that favor!

When it comes to music though .... he is good :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb4jguPLceQ]*Stevie Wonder - Ma Cherie Amour * - YouTube[/ame]

Another celebrity type to come under 'immense social pressure' to back down from either what they wanted to say, or to do. No biggie at the end of the day, just vaguely disappointing that some people are more concerned with things other than their concsiences, maybe.

All one can say about this sad episode is ... that the UN and Hamas own poor Stevie Wonder.......

and

Israel owns its land. That's all there is to it.

Good riddance. He's a bore to listen to anyway.

He has some great songs, but at the end of the day does he need this crap? Does he need a potential fatwah? Does he need the pressure / threats? :hellno::hellno::hellno::hellno:

jaysus, you are an hysterical little ninny, aren't you? there were few, if any, muslims involved in this. good americans, and many good jewish americans, and maybe a few muslim americans, protested and stevie wonder, in an act of conscience, responded.

what a bunch of friggin' racists y'all are. the "po' nigra boy can shuffle and sing fo the white folk" but god forbid he thinks on his own and offend the jewish "massah".

you and your racist buddies who trash stevie for his act of conscience should be ashamed.

RACIST!!!

All one can say about this sad episode is ... that the UN and Hamas own poor Stevie Wonder.......

and

Israel owns its land. That's all there is to it.

what a RACIST thing to say. just because a black man acts out of concience on his own, you think someone OWNS him. "them shiftless darkies can't even think for themselves". right SKY.

no wonder jews are not well liked in the black communities across the USA with attitudes like that.

you people are about the biggest RACISTS i have ever seen.

stevie wonder is a great musician and a great man of courage and a great man of conscience.

RACIST!!!

I thought Stevie Wonder died of AIDS years ago.

warrior my ass. you're just a wee homophobic shite who cant even talk a good game.

Talk about homos -

Turn your rep on, assfucker. Don't give me that "rep doesn't mean shit" shit, pussy

lol...and quit your whinin' and squealin' like a poked pig.

man, you tough guys fall apart and start the waterworks over the teeniest little things, doncha?

"waaaa, waaaa waaaaahhhhhh...turn on your rep on...WaaaAAAaaaaAAAAaaaaaa."

Last edited:
Stevie Wonder is a true talent and a peaceful man. Anyone who can't see that can't see anything.

Good riddance. He's a bore to listen to anyway.

He has some great songs, but at the end of the day does he need this crap? Does he need a potential fatwah? Does he need the pressure / threats? :hellno::hellno::hellno::hellno:

jaysus, you are an hysterical little ninny, aren't you? there were few, if any, muslims involved in this. good americans, and many good jewish americans, and maybe a few muslim americans, protested and stevie wonder, in an act of conscience, responded.

what a bunch of friggin' racists y'all are. the "po' nigra boy can shuffle and sing fo the white folk" but god forbid he thinks on his own and offend the jewish "massah".

you and your racist buddies who trash stevie for his act of conscience should be ashamed.

RACIST!!!

The only person sounding like a racist here, and an hysterical one at that, is yo :eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back