Islamists Call for Destruction of Sphinx, Pyramids

The Middle East was once a mecca of culture and science Islam has destroyed that legacy. Is it so surprising that Islamists now want to destroy more cultural history?

Typical dumbass, bullshit, racist thread, that attracts all the chicken-littles in the area to have their little "Islam is bad" butt party, because they're too stupid and scared to deal with the problems in their own lives, so they have to create some big, bad boogeyman, to vent their bigoted bullshit towards, then they can go back to being all warm and fuzzy.

You fuckers on the right, are not only dumbass, Israeli kiss-ass racists, you cling to this Islamic hate-fest, like acoholics cling to 12-step programs.

Typical dumbass, bullshit, racist thread, that attracts all the chicken-littles in the area to have their little "Islam is bad" butt party, because they're too stupid and scared to deal with the problems in their own lives, so they have to create some big, bad boogeyman, to vent their bigoted bullshit towards, then they can go back to being all warm and fuzzy.

You fuckers on the right, are not only dumbass, Israeli kiss-ass racists, you cling to this Islamic hate-fest, like acoholics cling to 12-step programs.

Can you disprove this, asshole? If not then what's the point of making this stupid post???

Tell me where I'm wrong about the religon of enslavement and pain???

I looked for a more mainstream source to verify this and could not find it. Sounds like just another extremist lunatic whose threats should be not be taken very seriously, but, who should be watched nonetheless.

via huffpost:

In TV interview, jihadi calls for destruction of Sphinx and Pyramids | Egypt Independent

Thanks Annie......"Jihadi leader Murgan Salem al-Gohary called for the destruction of the Sphinx and the Giza Pyramids in a widely watched television interview with Dream TV on Saturday. His remarks came one day after thousands of ultraconservative Islamists gathered in Tahrir Square to call for the strict application of Sharia law in the new constitution. Such calls have stirred worries among liberals, secularists and non-Muslim Egyptians."

Guy sounds like he tagged along after thousands of his closest nut job friends made a statement.......:cuckoo:

While on one hand I see this decision as the sole and sovereign right of the Egyptian government (their country, their call on what's in it), and I would be annoyed if another country told the US that it can't close a museum if it wants to, I see this as a short-sighted potential. The revenue brought in by tourism is probably important to Egypt's economy. The PR boondoggle and the loss of tourist money might be a bitter pill to swallow.

I respect history and historical sites. I really do, but I don't own them and they don't owe me anything. Maybe one can say that destroying something like the Sphinx shows a disrespect for history or even for the cultural sensibilities of other people, but I don't know how anyone can judge (in a legal sense) or impose a will on a country's decision to do with its land as it sees fit. If America wanted to fill in the Grand Canyon, I would hope that Americans would object. And if they didn't why would an external objection be persuasive?

That this is all due to an extremist religious position should not be of any consequence. The reason behind it might be as distasteful as the act. itself, is to some, but I wouldn't want a decision to do something which shows sensitivity to my religious priorities to be censured because others are of a different faith.

So do I like this potential destruction? Not at all. Do I have any standing to do anything about it? Nope.

Last edited:
It is their country. Lets hope they keep them up. I would LOVE to see them! Sunni, have you calibrated your vest lately?

Can you disprove this, asshole? If not then what's the point of making this stupid post???

Tell me where I'm wrong about the religon of enslavement and pain???
Are you a muslim? Do you follow the teachings of Islam? Have you read the Qu'ran? Do you know any muslims personally? Have you ever worked with any? I have.

I've never had one as a personal friend, but a lot them whind up becoming mechanical engineers and since I'm an electrical engineer, I've worked with many of them for the last 20 years. And what I've found, is that they are no different than you or I. They just have a different way to worship. Islam is just a religion, nothing more.

You're treating muslims like the nazis treated the jews. Not the death camp phase, but in the beginning phase, when they were ramping up all the hate.

This thread is ridiculous! No one is going to tear down the Sphinx. Unless it gets hit with an Israeli nuke. What would you think if I started a thread:
"Christian evangelicals are openly talking about bringing down the Statue of Liberty. They say it is sending the wrong message to immigrants!"
Would you take that thread seriously?

The fact that a couple of posters on this thread are racist POS doesn't affect the factual level of the reported news. The stated intent is what I thought was being discussed - not how likely it is to take place.

And there indeed ARE some Christians who want to repeal the US Constitution and replace it with 'Christian shari'a' - which is a damnable sight worse than attacking the Statue of Liberty. So the idea of a like event in the US is not impossible.

Last edited:

250px-Afghanistan_Statua_di_Budda_1.jpg

Buddhas of Bamiyan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They've done it before, why would we think they wouldn't do it again, and how does that make us racist scared or any of those other insults your threw our way?

The truth is that they have destroyed history and the world let them. Will the world let them do it again? I hope not but I have a feeling they will. We will never know if the sphinx is really 9-10,000 years old or only 3500-4000 years old.

Everyone thought they were full of shit then too, until-

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYYBlPWYb7Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Afghanistan Taliban Muslims destroying Bamiyan Buddha Statues - YouTube[/ame]

The Buddhas of Bamiyan (Pashto: د بامیان بوتان - "de bámiyán botán", Persian: بت های باميان* – but hay-e bamiyan) were two 6th century[1] monumental statues of standing buddha carved into the side of a cliff in the Bamyan valley in the Hazarajat region of central Afghanistan, situated 230*km (140*mi) northwest of Kabul at an altitude of 2,500 meters (8,202*ft). Built in 507 CE, the larger in 554 CE,[1] the statues represented the classic blended style of Gandhara art.[2]

The loss of centuries of history in the world impacts all of us.
The pyramids existence has zero impact on the lives of most people in the world. :cool:

The destruction of the pyramids and the Sphinx would impact the tourist sector of Egypt's economy. How many people would that impact? The hotel industry and the guys who sell mini-sphinx/mini-pyramid figurines and other souviners to the tourists to name a couple.

Forum List

Back