CDZ Islamification of The West

A Stanfurd man, are you?

I graduated from Cal.

(Go Bears!)

and you think opposition to an ideology is an act of racism, do you?

CDZ violation removed.

An ideology is either chosen freely or it isn't. If you believe in freedom of thought, then you need to realize that ideologies chosen freely should be subject to disapproval without scurrilous charges of racism. If you believe this one ideology is not chosen freely, then that very fact should lead you to criticize it if you actually believe in freedom of thought.

Considering the apostasy laws wherever Islam prevails, the question shouldn't be why I oppose it, but why don't you?

You're not really getting the hang of the whole "Clean Debate Zone" thing, are you?

I have explained my analogy repeatedly, your constant mischaracterizations of it notwithstanding. You are welcome to "oppose" whatever ideology you want, the comparison to "racism" comes into play when you decide to assign that ideology to an entire religion of people in order to justify hatred against them.

From what I'm seeing of your argument, you are claiming that you don't hate Muslims, just an "ideology" that in your eyes they all share.

How is that any different from saying "I don't have black people, I just hate criminals - and all black people are criminals"?

There is a chance, of course that I'm missing your point. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You are not only missing my point, but going out of your way to try to characterize me in very self-serving ways.

Then make your point, and explain how I'm wrong.

Am I wrong in saying that you believe all Muslims to share an "ideology"?
Am I wrong in saying that you are using your "opposition" to that "ideology" to paint all Muslims with the same brush?

What part of your argument do I have incorrect?

Racism involves hatred of traits that are fixed and immutable. People do not choose to be black. The same goes for gender or sexuality or ethnicity.

An ideology, on the other hand, is something that is chosen. As such, this choice should be subject to scrutiny without scurrilous accusations of racism. You do not understand this fact, and so you are applying no end of sophistry to the subject matter in order to attack me personally.

Once again -- if Islam is a choice, then a person should be allowed to criticize it without all these specious tactics attempting to paint opposition as racist. If it ISN'T a choice, then you are simply a fierce opponent of freedom of belief.

that does not count.

the pertinent thing is that NO religion is conducive to scientific research and breakthroughs. it is detrimental to the brand. but somehow, it is once again islam being singled out for allegedly not providing contributions to civilization.
Another whopper. Isaac Newton was a devout Christian. First act of the Apollo 11 astronauts on the moon was to take communion.

:lol:

So individual Muslim scientists don't count, but individual Christian scientists do?
Western civilization is based upon Judeo-Christianity. It's why you can name millions of contributions made by people living there and none in Islamic cultures.

Many Islamic nations even outlaw poetry.

There's no such thing as "Judeo-Christianity".

Most of European history was based on Christians persecuting and slaughtering Jews.

The term "Judeo-Christianity" didn't even exist until the 40s, when Christians starting feeling bad for Jews after Hitler murdered a bunch of them.

Let me help you out..here..You're welcome

Judeo-Christian
adjective
of or relating to the religious writings, beliefs, values, or traditions held in common by Judaism and Christianity.

A Stanfurd man, are you?

I graduated from Cal.

(Go Bears!)

and you think opposition to an ideology is an act of racism, do you?

CDZ violation removed.

An ideology is either chosen freely or it isn't. If you believe in freedom of thought, then you need to realize that ideologies chosen freely should be subject to disapproval without scurrilous charges of racism. If you believe this one ideology is not chosen freely, then that very fact should lead you to criticize it if you actually believe in freedom of thought.

Considering the apostasy laws wherever Islam prevails, the question shouldn't be why I oppose it, but why don't you?

You're not really getting the hang of the whole "Clean Debate Zone" thing, are you?

I have explained my analogy repeatedly, your constant mischaracterizations of it notwithstanding. You are welcome to "oppose" whatever ideology you want, the comparison to "racism" comes into play when you decide to assign that ideology to an entire religion of people in order to justify hatred against them.

From what I'm seeing of your argument, you are claiming that you don't hate Muslims, just an "ideology" that in your eyes they all share.

How is that any different from saying "I don't have black people, I just hate criminals - and all black people are criminals"?

There is a chance, of course that I'm missing your point. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You are not only missing my point, but going out of your way to try to characterize me in very self-serving ways.

Then make your point, and explain how I'm wrong.

Am I wrong in saying that you believe all Muslims to share an "ideology"?
Am I wrong in saying that you are using your "opposition" to that "ideology" to paint all Muslims with the same brush?

What part of your argument do I have incorrect?

Racism involves hatred of traits that are fixed and immutable. People do not choose to be black. The same goes for gender or sexuality or ethnicity.

An ideology, on the other hand, is something that is chosen. As such, this choice should be subject to scrutiny without scurrilous accusations of racism. You do not understand this fact, and so you are applying no end of sophistry to the subject matter in order to attack me personally.

Once again -- if Islam is a choice, then a person should be allowed to criticize it without all these specious tactics attempting to paint opposition as racist. If it ISN'T a choice, then you are simply a fierce opponent of freedom of belief.

You didn't answer my questions.

Do you believe that my neighbors and friends share an "ideology" with ISIS?

If so, you'll have to present a significant amount of supporting evidence for your claim. They've never once tried to kill me.

that does not count.

the pertinent thing is that NO religion is conducive to scientific research and breakthroughs. it is detrimental to the brand. but somehow, it is once again islam being singled out for allegedly not providing contributions to civilization.
Another whopper. Isaac Newton was a devout Christian. First act of the Apollo 11 astronauts on the moon was to take communion.

So individual Muslim scientists don't count, but individual Christian scientists do?
Western civilization is based upon Judeo-Christianity. It's why you can name millions of contributions made by people living there and none in Islamic cultures.

Most of European history was based on Christians persecuting and slaughtering Jews.

The term "Judeo-Christianity" didn't even exist until the 40s, when Christians starting feeling bad for Jews after Hitler murdered a bunch of them.

Judeo-Christian
adjective
of or relating to the religious writings, beliefs, values, or traditions held in common by Judaism and Christianity.

Do you think that refutes my point?

Go try and find a use of that term in the US prior to 1940.

Judeo-Christian
adjective

What was the point again?

Origin of Judeo-Christian
1895-1900

Too many muslims still live in the 7th century. The ones that don't are quite for the most part

Judeo-Christian
adjective

1895-1900

Too many muslims still live in the 7th century. The ones that don't are quite for the most part

My point is that 80 years ago, the same people who yell about the US being "Judeo-Christian" today were shouting that the US was a "Christian" country, and saying the same things about Jews as you guys now say about Muslims.

Judeo-Christian
adjective

1895-1900

My point is that 80 years ago, the same people who yell about the US being "Judeo-Christian" today were shouting that the US was a "Christian" country, and saying the same things about Jews as you guys now say about Muslims.

Muslims have not been through any reformation why do you make excuses for the slaughter? our constitution is based on Judeo-Christian ethics and moral values

Judeo-Christian
adjective

1895-1900

Muslims have not been through any reformation why do you make excuses for the slaughter?

Manu millions of Muslims all around the world would disagree with you.

I don't believe I have made any "excuses for slaughter". Please keep in ming which forum you are posting in.

If so, you'll have to present a significant amount of supporting evidence for your claim. They've never once tried to kill me.

Considering I never made such a claim, I will simply say have a nice evening.

Judeo-Christian
adjective

1895-1900

Muslims have not been through any reformation why do you make excuses for the slaughter?

I don't believe I have made any "excuses for slaughter". Please keep in ming which forum you are posting in.

You seem to think islam is no different than Christianity. Isn't that your assertion?

Considering I never made such a claim, I will simply say have a nice evening.

So you're saying that Muslims do not all share a single ideology. That's a good start.

Perhaps tomorrow, or some other day, you'll be able to elaborate on how you differentiate between them.

1895-1900

You seem to think islam is no different than Christianity. Isn't that your assertion?

Umm... no.

I don't believe I've said anything like that.

1895-1900

Umm... no.

I don't believe I've said anything like that.

ok.. I came in late on this thread maybe i'm wrong

Forum List

Back