Islam and Mental Illness

There are many many mentally ill in the world who do not do what Muslim terrorists do. Think about that. It is hatred and ideology.

When a person does something crazy, even violent and crazy - we usually accept that they are mentally ill. Our culture still has a long ways to go in regards to erasing the stigma of mental illness, and recognizing it as something that needs treatment - but it's come a long ways.

But, when that person is Muslim, there seems to be a double stigma attached to it. One: they are Muslim, and any crazy or violent behavior is blamed on their religion. Two: they are crazy, and mental illness still retains a huge stigma in the Muslim Community.

Take for example:

Amina Ali Ahra, who out of the blue grabbed a flag, and started attacking a nearby woman. She'd been reported as hanging around the area but did not live there, chased another woman into her house and when arrested was unable to give police coherent information. This sparked threads, claims of outrage directed at Muslim extremists and Muslims in general and immigrants in general, and in the end it was determined she had mental issues.

Nicholas Salvadore, who went on a bloody rampage, decapitating an elderly woman and two cats. Much was made of it as a religious terrorist attack because he was a Muslim. But, he was also mentally ill, and a paranoid schitzophrenic.

If they were not Muslim, it would quickly have been yesterday's news, no demands for "why isn't this in the news" etc. If they were not Muslim, people would have considered mental illness as a causative factor because the "religion thing" would not have been occupying so much headspace. It's also possible that if they hadn't been Muslim, their families and friends may have recognized signs and sought treatment in childhood before it erupted in to a tragedy.

‘Muslims must fight this taboo’ Islamic leaders want stigma around mental illness to end

Praising the Sunday Express for its Crusade for better mental health Shaykh Ibrahim Mogra, assistant Secretary-General for the Muslim Council of Britain, said feelings of shame, cultural and religious ignorance and a general lack of physical fitness meant that the rate of mental illness within Muslim communities far exceeded the three per cent national average.

In some quarters the situation was so bad that parents have banned schools from referring to their children as having special educational needs in awards ceremonies because of the perceived stigma involved, or feelings of personal guilt.

“Mental Illness still remains a taboo subject in Muslim communities and people are not seeking the help that is available. This is causing unnecessary distress to themselves and loved ones,” he said.

“Many parents try to keep mental illness with children hidden and under the radar. They don't want anyone to know. Sometimes they feel it's their fault, that as parents they are responsible for their children’s’ conditions. And others might agree.”

My Opinion:

Most mentally ill people are very religious to start with and combining their religious way of thinking and mental problems usually turn into a blood bath.

Mental illness need to be address but I also fanatical religion should also be focused on because it prey on the weak minded that have mental issues and look to religious guidance but instead get manipulated into believing in all the wrong things and going batshit crazy.

Omar Mateen was nuts and wanted to use his religion to justify his heinous acts against the people of Orlando.

Actually I would like someone to show me one Terrorist that was not mentally ill and when you do then you have taught me a lesson...
I would like for you to show me one Demonrat that supports them that isn't mentally ill...

Now let's talk about disarming the mentally ill, like the law requires...

What?

1. I am not a Democratic Party Voter, so please try again.

2. If you are going to claim everyone in one religion is mentally ill and demand they be disarmed, well Hitler would be so proud of you.

3. This country has a Constitution that allow the American Citizen certain rights and deny one group their rights because of your hatred of their religion, well is not going to happen even if Trump become President.

Now flame me all you want and call me a terrorist loving piece of shit and my opinion will never change because I can point out mentally ill retards that proclaim they killed in the name of Jesus, and you will just tell me how it is never the same.

So let cut the nonsense and I will write that I believe most mentally ill people are religious nuts that kill in the name of God because of their delusional way of thinking that is what God wants.

When a person does something crazy, even violent and crazy - we usually accept that they are mentally ill. Our culture still has a long ways to go in regards to erasing the stigma of mental illness, and recognizing it as something that needs treatment - but it's come a long ways.

But, when that person is Muslim, there seems to be a double stigma attached to it. One: they are Muslim, and any crazy or violent behavior is blamed on their religion. Two: they are crazy, and mental illness still retains a huge stigma in the Muslim Community.

Take for example:

Amina Ali Ahra, who out of the blue grabbed a flag, and started attacking a nearby woman. She'd been reported as hanging around the area but did not live there, chased another woman into her house and when arrested was unable to give police coherent information. This sparked threads, claims of outrage directed at Muslim extremists and Muslims in general and immigrants in general, and in the end it was determined she had mental issues.

Nicholas Salvadore, who went on a bloody rampage, decapitating an elderly woman and two cats. Much was made of it as a religious terrorist attack because he was a Muslim. But, he was also mentally ill, and a paranoid schitzophrenic.

If they were not Muslim, it would quickly have been yesterday's news, no demands for "why isn't this in the news" etc. If they were not Muslim, people would have considered mental illness as a causative factor because the "religion thing" would not have been occupying so much headspace. It's also possible that if they hadn't been Muslim, their families and friends may have recognized signs and sought treatment in childhood before it erupted in to a tragedy.

‘Muslims must fight this taboo’ Islamic leaders want stigma around mental illness to end

Praising the Sunday Express for its Crusade for better mental health Shaykh Ibrahim Mogra, assistant Secretary-General for the Muslim Council of Britain, said feelings of shame, cultural and religious ignorance and a general lack of physical fitness meant that the rate of mental illness within Muslim communities far exceeded the three per cent national average.

In some quarters the situation was so bad that parents have banned schools from referring to their children as having special educational needs in awards ceremonies because of the perceived stigma involved, or feelings of personal guilt.

“Mental Illness still remains a taboo subject in Muslim communities and people are not seeking the help that is available. This is causing unnecessary distress to themselves and loved ones,” he said.

“Many parents try to keep mental illness with children hidden and under the radar. They don't want anyone to know. Sometimes they feel it's their fault, that as parents they are responsible for their children’s’ conditions. And others might agree.”

My Opinion:

Most mentally ill people are very religious to start with and combining their religious way of thinking and mental problems usually turn into a blood bath.

Mental illness need to be address but I also fanatical religion should also be focused on because it prey on the weak minded that have mental issues and look to religious guidance but instead get manipulated into believing in all the wrong things and going batshit crazy.

Omar Mateen was nuts and wanted to use his religion to justify his heinous acts against the people of Orlando.

Actually I would like someone to show me one Terrorist that was not mentally ill and when you do then you have taught me a lesson...

You don't think people can be driven by pure hatred? I do

If you are driven by pure hatred then you have something wrong up in your damn mind!

I used to be of that age. My brain was immature and I felt a sense of bravado and was in the Army ready to die for my country. But never once did I relish the thought of throwing homosexuals off roofs, sawing off the head of a coworker, or shooting up a nightclub.

Why is everyone so eager to explain away evil?
(That last statement not directed at you)
Me too -- I used to be that age also.

And at that age there was no fear of death. Not yet.

Right around my 25th birthday suddenly everything changed in my outlook and things started to make perfect sense. I attribute it to the complete development of the brain at that point.

Suddenly at that point of maturity you start to think more in terms of self preservation and taking care of those whom you love.

That's what I think these radicalized Islamists are lacking -- maturity. Thus while they seem insane they are really brainwashed and immature.

I think the rest of us are trying to understand this Islamist syndrome rather than explain it away.
I think a few people are trying to understand it while the rest of us just want to kill them.

Take for example:

My Opinion:

Zealous Christians just want to reach the world for Christ! Young idealistic Evangelicals and Mormons sign up for international missions to dig wells, build schools, feed people, and spread the gospel. Young Jehovah Witnesses canvas neighborhoods to tell everyone the good news of Jehovah God! Super excited Catholic youth go on missions and study to become priests.

Fanatic religion is the problem? No! Islam is.

That's so funny...I came back to this thread to post that Coyote's desire to paint muslims as mentally ill is also an indication of her desire to paint Christians as mentally ill...once again completely ignoring the fact that Christians do not act as muslims do, or pose a threat to security, life and limb like muslims do.

I used to be of that age. My brain was immature and I felt a sense of bravado and was in the Army ready to die for my country. But never once did I relish the thought of throwing homosexuals off roofs, sawing off the head of a coworker, or shooting up a nightclub.

Right around my 25th birthday suddenly everything changed in my outlook and things started to make perfect sense. I attribute it to the complete development of the brain at that point.

Suddenly at that point of maturity you start to think more in terms of self preservation and taking care of those whom you love.

That's what I think these radicalized Islamists are lacking -- maturity. Thus while they seem insane they are really brainwashed and immature.

I think the rest of us are trying to understand this Islamist syndrome rather than explain it away.
I think a few people are trying to understand it while the rest of us just want to kill them.

There's nothing to understand, aside from THEY WANT TO KILL US and bring the entire world under sharia law. It doesn't matter that they don't ALL want this (though of course the vast majority do, we all know it, they even admit it). The sharia law thing in and of itself should be enough to make it illegal for them (any of them) to come into this country, let alone settle here on OUR dime. Their faith and their beliefs will not work in a free society. They are free to believe as they choose..but they can't come here and expect us to accommodate their beliefs because their beliefs pose a threat to the safety and stability of our country and our citizens.

Morons like coyote think that the US is a fucking toilet where we are obliged to let any idiot in who can get his diseased ass over the border, and let them attack our citizens and our systems. If they want to attack our citizens and our systems, then they are ENEMIES and we need to protect ourselves from them.

That means shut the borders. Fuck Islam.

You're the one that goes out of her way to defend the most prevelent Jew-hating, homosexual executing ideology on the planet.

Yep. T the tune of tens of thousands of postings across multiple boards, in fact.

Take the support for killing apostates, for instance. It must be a coincidence that so many hundreds of millions of Muslims all came down with this exact, same mental illness, right?

You're the one that goes out of her way to defend the most prevelent Jew-hating, homosexual executing ideology on the planet.

Yep. T the tune of tens of thousands of postings across multiple boards, in fact.

Take the support for killing apostates, for instance. It must be a coincidence that so many hundreds of millions of Muslims all came down with this exact, same mental illness, right?
The poor souls! Let's give them money and indoor plumbing, THEN they'll love us!

There's nothing to understand, aside from THEY WANT TO KILL US and bring the entire world under sharia law. It doesn't matter that they don't ALL want this (though of course the vast majority do, we all know it, they even admit it). The sharia law thing in and of itself should be enough to make it illegal for them (any of them) to come into this country, let alone settle here on OUR dime. Their faith and their beliefs will not work in a free society. They are free to believe as they choose..but they can't come here and expect us to accommodate their beliefs because their beliefs pose a threat to the safety and stability of our country and our citizens.

Morons like coyote think that the US is a fucking toilet where we are obliged to let any idiot in who can get his diseased ass over the border, and let them attack our citizens and our systems. If they want to attack our citizens and our systems, then they are ENEMIES and we need to protect ourselves from them.

That means shut the borders. Fuck Islam.

The thing is, we can't separate the wheat from the chaff in this, therefore ALL of them we must consider potentially dangerous to our nations and our peoples.

We shouldn't allow any of them into any of our nations, too much of a risk.

"That means shut the borders. Fuck Islam."

Exactly and exactly. Fuck Open Borders and Islam is incompatible with all of Western Civilisation's values.

Take for example:

My Opinion:

I would like for you to show me one Demonrat that supports them that isn't mentally ill...

What?

2. If you are going to claim everyone in one religion is mentally ill and demand they be disarmed, well Hitler would be so proud of you.

3. This country has a Constitution that allow the American Citizen certain rights and deny one group their rights because of your hatred of their religion, well is not going to happen even if Trump become President.

Now flame me all you want and call me a terrorist loving piece of shit and my opinion will never change because I can point out mentally ill retards that proclaim they killed in the name of Jesus, and you will just tell me how it is never the same.

So let cut the nonsense and I will write that I believe most mentally ill people are religious nuts that kill in the name of God because of their delusional way of thinking that is what God wants.

Again. There is a difference between the mentally ill nut job who shoots his mommy then goes on a rampage...

And the young muslim men who are groomed, funded, and trained to infiltrate our society for the express purpose of killing us and bringing the US under Sharia law.

There's only one group of so-called people out there that want to kill both Christians AND Jews and that's the Islamists. We face a dual threat, it's a threat that we need to attempt, as best we can, to take on together, to fight together.

If we put whatever differences we all might have aside, we can concentrate together on this mortal threat we face, we either do this or we face a nightmare scenario.

It's a simple choice, it's not rocket science.

The poor souls! Let's give them money and indoor plumbing, THEN they'll love us!

Loretta Lynch says to hug them or something :rolleyes-41:

Loretta Lynch says to hug them or something :rolleyes-41:
Lorreta Lynch, Bill, Hillary, and Obungles can go over there and "give them some loving" for all I care...

Can Bill say "I finally got my brains fucked out"???

Take for example:

You are REACHING

Take for example:

Their women are treated like cattle, of course they are going to be messed up in the head.

The men are even worse. Probably the majority of Muslim men in ME countries engage in homosexual acts with young Muslim boys. Sexually abused and repressed people are very prone to mental issues, that's why the Islamic world is so fucked up everywhere around the world.

There is no indication that they have higher rates of mental illness than non-Muslims. But they still place a heavy stigma on it, and it's largely kept hidden and untreated.
Hey, actually we' re concerned and want to treat it...

I recommend radiation therapy!!!

I'm sure you'd feel right at home in Nazi Germany :)
Are you actually retarded???

Hitler allied his country with the muzzies, while we kicked their asses when Thomas Jefferson was president!!!

Now go moonbat crazy and howl at that shiny object in the night sky some more!!
Don't be treading on Captain Kirk

Take for example:

My Opinion:

What?

Again. There is a difference between the mentally ill nut job who shoots his mommy then goes on a rampage...

And the young muslim men who are groomed, funded, and trained to infiltrate our society for the express purpose of killing us and bringing the US under Sharia law.

I think it's a little too simplistic to say that all of the Islamic Terrorists are mentally ill.

If you read The Qu'ran, there are more than 150 passages that call for violence and death to Infidels, this is preached to them, since the 7th Century in the Mosques and also probably in the home.

Here are just some of them.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAASGAAAAJGY0NTIwMGZiLTkwY2EtNGMzMS05ZGZiLTZlNzFlZjdlMGM0Mw.jpg

Islam isn't a religion, it's a full-spectrum political philosophy and it's aim is domination. Islam itself means "submission" and/or "submit", meaning you must submit to IT or else you're an Infidel.

ali.png

screen-shot-2015-01-07-at-9-59-25-am.png

is%2Bislam%2Bis%2Ba%2Breligion%2Bof%2Bpeace.jpg

Take for example:

You are REACHING
Per usual

Forum List

Back