ISIS Beheads Another Brit

Iran and Russia occupy the innermost rings on most neocon targets, but "liberals" like Clinton and Obama are just as committed to the Long War as conservatives like Bush and Romney.

I disagree.

I think Obama has just be reacting to events that are generally out of his control. Had he been president in 2001, there wouldn't have been a war with Iraq, there wouldn't have been ISIS, there wouldn't have been uprisings in Egypt, Syria (potentially, these are a bit harder to pin down).
I agree 100%. Obungle would have caved in to the Taliban. His Muslim brothers.

Who's talking the Taliban? Oh you are.

I wasn't. So... why are you replying to something that is nothing to do with what I wrote?
Yeah, it is, Bubbles.

Egypt, Syria and Iraq. Which one of these is Afghanistan?

Iran and Russia occupy the innermost rings on most neocon targets, but "liberals" like Clinton and Obama are just as committed to the Long War as conservatives like Bush and Romney.

I disagree.

I think Obama has just be reacting to events that are generally out of his control. Had he been president in 2001, there wouldn't have been a war with Iraq, there wouldn't have been ISIS, there wouldn't have been uprisings in Egypt, Syria (potentially, these are a bit harder to pin down).
I agree 100%. Obungle would have caved in to the Taliban. His Muslim brothers.
Obungle (as Barry Soetoro) may have done as much to create the Taliban as your hero, Reagan.

Rhymes with rich, remember?

It's also possible the US hasn't needed to fight any wars since the end of WWII. Neither Korea,Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iran, Libya, nor Syria posed the slightest existential threat to the US, and it isn't likely IS poses one either. It seems far more likely the US nurtured IS over the past 13 months so that Obama could destroy Syria like Clinton and Bush destroyed Iraq. Eventually these chickens will come home to roost; if so, will you blame Islam or Obama, Clinton, and Bush.

Based on the US's history of messing everything up, it's far more likely ISIS just developed out of a situation the US didn't understand. It has it's convenient points for any US administration interested in keeping the people down though.
I think it's a huge mistake to believe the chaos we see today across the Middle East comes from "messing up" or a "misunderstanding" on the part of some of the best educated people on the planet; what we are seeing today in Syria and Iraq has been planned since the mid 1980s, at least:
"In his Complete Diaries, Vol. II. p. 711, Theodore Herzl, the founder of Zionism, says that the area of
the Jewish State stretches: 'From the Brook of Egypt to the Euphrates.'

"Rabbi Fischmann, member of the Jewish Agency for Palestine, declared in his testimony to the U.N.
Special Committee of Enquiry on 9 July 1947: 'The Promised Land extends from the River of Egypt up
to the Euphrates, it includes parts of Syria and Lebanon...'"

In the mid-'80s one of the most prominent Jewish intellectual put forth a plan to ensure the survival of Israel by breaking up neighboring Arab states in much the same way we are seeing today:

"The Western front, which on the surface appears more problematic, is in fact less complicated than the
Eastern front, in which most of the events that make the headlines have been taking place recently.

"Lebanon's total dissolution into five provinces serves as a precendent for the entire Arab world
including Egypt, Syria, Iraq and the Arabian peninsula and is already following that track.

"The dissolution of Syria and Iraq later on into ethnically or religiously unqiue areas such as in Lebanon, is
Israel's primary target on the Eastern front in the long run, while the dissolution of the military power
of those states serves as the primary short term target.

"Syria will fall apart, in accordance with its
ethnic and religious structure, into several states such as in present day Lebanon, so that there will be a
Shi'ite Alawi state along its coast, a Sunni state in the Aleppo area, another Sunni state in Damascus
hostile to its northern neighbor, and the Druzes who will set up a state, maybe even in our Golan, and
certainly in the Hauran and in northern Jordan.

"This state of affairs will be the guarantee for peace and
security in the area in the long run, and that aim is already within our reach today."

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/pdf/The Zionist Plan for the Middle East.pdf

The architects of the Long War are ethical imbeciles, willing to murder millions of innocent human beings in order to maintain their lifestyles, but it's a huge mistake to think they are incompetent.

Perhaps some have been planning this, and trying to make it work, doesn't mean all have. This is often what happens is a collision of interests and when enough, with enough money, collide, things like this happen.
You and George could be Ambassadors. To Monaco.
Before or after you cure Ebola?

I think it's a huge mistake to believe the chaos we see today across the Middle East comes from "messing up" or a "misunderstanding" on the part of some of the best educated people on the planet; what we are seeing today in Syria and Iraq has been planned since the mid 1980s, at least:
"In his Complete Diaries, Vol. II. p. 711, Theodore Herzl, the founder of Zionism, says that the area of
the Jewish State stretches: 'From the Brook of Egypt to the Euphrates.'

"Rabbi Fischmann, member of the Jewish Agency for Palestine, declared in his testimony to the U.N.
Special Committee of Enquiry on 9 July 1947: 'The Promised Land extends from the River of Egypt up
to the Euphrates, it includes parts of Syria and Lebanon...'"

In the mid-'80s one of the most prominent Jewish intellectual put forth a plan to ensure the survival of Israel by breaking up neighboring Arab states in much the same way we are seeing today:

"The Western front, which on the surface appears more problematic, is in fact less complicated than the
Eastern front, in which most of the events that make the headlines have been taking place recently.

"Lebanon's total dissolution into five provinces serves as a precendent for the entire Arab world
including Egypt, Syria, Iraq and the Arabian peninsula and is already following that track.

"The dissolution of Syria and Iraq later on into ethnically or religiously unqiue areas such as in Lebanon, is
Israel's primary target on the Eastern front in the long run, while the dissolution of the military power
of those states serves as the primary short term target.

"Syria will fall apart, in accordance with its
ethnic and religious structure, into several states such as in present day Lebanon, so that there will be a
Shi'ite Alawi state along its coast, a Sunni state in the Aleppo area, another Sunni state in Damascus
hostile to its northern neighbor, and the Druzes who will set up a state, maybe even in our Golan, and
certainly in the Hauran and in northern Jordan.

"This state of affairs will be the guarantee for peace and
security in the area in the long run, and that aim is already within our reach today."

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/pdf/The Zionist Plan for the Middle East.pdf

The architects of the Long War are ethical imbeciles, willing to murder millions of innocent human beings in order to maintain their lifestyles, but it's a huge mistake to think they are incompetent.

Hmm. This sounds suspiciously like a "conspiracy theory" and those that you yourself would laugh at the right for because I could post some "conspiracy theories" about Islam and plans to take over as well. Lol.

Even if this were true, I would support Israel. I trust them MUCH more than I trust any of those Arab nations.
Do you notice any conspiracy in Wesley Clark's 2003 revelation about conversations he had in the Pentagon within weeks of 911?
"In Clark's book, Winning Modern Wars, published in 2003, he describes his conversation with a military officer in the Pentagon shortly after 9/11 regarding a plan to attack seven Middle Eastern countries in five years: 'As I went back through the Pentagon in November 2001, one of the senior military staff officers had time for a chat.'

"'Yes, we were still on track for going against Iraq, he said. But there was more. This was being discussed as part of a five-year campaign plan, he said, and there were a total of seven countries, beginning with Iraq, then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and finishing off Iran."
Wesley Clark - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Hardly surprising. Everyone knows the right want to attack Iran.
Remember when Bush said it would be a long war? You and your den mates can't fast forward it, Champ.
How long would the war last if all its profits were subjected to a 100% Death Tax after the first innocent civilian dies?

Our country doesn't commit atrocities against it's own citizens. You cannot compare the US to any of those savages.

Yeah, the US has never had slavery, has never committed genocide against the Native American peoples. It doesn't execute innocent people and doesn't destroy the very land they're on to get at oil or gas and wouldn't deny people rights based on how they were born.

No, the US would never do any of those things.

But, sarcasm aside, treating others completely differently to US citizens just because they sit on top of oil, well, I'd say it kind of does make the US look like a bunch of savages. Just ones that have just enough intelligence to justify their savagery.

Back in the day, cowboys 'n' injuns and all that, the US citizens managed to justify their genocide. Trail of tears, destroying the buffalo, just hacking native american women and children to death, among many, MANY acts of genocide and ethnic cleansing committed from people like George Washington well into last century, and I could even argue it's still happening now.

But hey, go ahead and justify your savagery. I know you want to.
Any particular reason you hate America so much? Did you run for Congress and lose? Tch tch.
Tell us why you worship America?
Still confusing freedom and war?

I wouldn't say that I "worship" America, but I love America because it is the land of the free and the home of the brave! You don't love your country and want it to be the best in the world?

Our country doesn't commit atrocities against it's own citizens. You cannot compare the US to any of those savages.

Yeah, the US has never had slavery, has never committed genocide against the Native American peoples. It doesn't execute innocent people and doesn't destroy the very land they're on to get at oil or gas and wouldn't deny people rights based on how they were born.

But, sarcasm aside, treating others completely differently to US citizens just because they sit on top of oil, well, I'd say it kind of does make the US look like a bunch of savages. Just ones that have just enough intelligence to justify their savagery.

Back in the day, cowboys 'n' injuns and all that, the US citizens managed to justify their genocide. Trail of tears, destroying the buffalo, just hacking native american women and children to death, among many, MANY acts of genocide and ethnic cleansing committed from people like George Washington well into last century, and I could even argue it's still happening now.

Any particular reason you hate America so much? Did you run for Congress and lose? Tch tch.

I wouldn't say that I "worship" America, but I love America because it is the land of the free and the home of the brave! You don't love your country and want it to be the best in the world?
I just heard a radio conversation in which a former Catholic priest said those who love their country are committing
"i·dol·a·try
īˈdälətrē/
noun
  1. worship of idols.
    synonyms:idolization, fetishization, fetishism, idol worship, adulation, adoration,reverence, veneration, glorification, lionization, hero-worshiping
    "the prophets railed against idolatry"
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]
    • extreme admiration, love, or reverence for something or someone.
Google

I just heard a radio conversation in which a former Catholic priest said those who love their country are committing
"i·dol·a·try
īˈdälətrē/
noun
  1. worship of idols.
    synonyms:idolization, fetishization, fetishism, idol worship, adulation, adoration,reverence, veneration, glorification, lionization, hero-worshiping
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]
Google

Why should I care? I'm not Catholic. Lol. :wink_2: I think that having pride in your country and love for your country makes your country better. Don't you?

"i·dol·a·try
īˈdälətrē/
noun
  1. worship of idols.
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]
Google

Why should I care? I'm not Catholic. Lol. :wink_2: I think that having pride in your country and love for your country makes your country better. Don't you?
I think there are universal standards of morality that states regularly violate, and many of us excuse some of the resulting crimes because of an accident of birth. For example, would you have the same love for the US if you had been born in Iraq or Afghanistan? As far as improving your country is concerned, I think love is blind.:biggrin:

"i·dol·a·try
īˈdälətrē/
noun
  1. worship of idols.
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]
Google

I think there are universal standards of morality that states regularly violate, and many of us excuse some of the resulting crimes because of an accident of birth. For example, would you have the same love for the US if you had been born in Iraq or Afghanistan? As far as improving your country is concerned, I think love is blind.:biggrin:
Now we know why you would be a piss poor soldier, George. No allegiance, no loyalty. no backbone.

"i·dol·a·try
īˈdälətrē/
noun
  1. worship of idols.
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]
Google

Now we know why you would be a piss poor soldier, George. No allegiance, no loyalty. no backbone.
Do you understand how allegiance and loyalty and physical courage become negative qualities when pledged to the Greatest Purveyor of Violence in the World? I suspect we both choose our side of this issue decades ago and our opinions aren't likely to change at this point; you believe the Rich are worth killing and dying for, and I think you're a slave.

"i·dol·a·try
īˈdälətrē/
noun
  1. worship of idols.
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]
Google

Do you understand how allegiance and loyalty and physical courage become negative qualities when pledged to the Greatest Purveyor of Violence in the World? I suspect we both choose our side of this issue decades ago and our opinions aren't likely to change at this point; you believe the Rich are worth killing and dying for, and I think you're a slave.
I lay awake at night worrying about what you think, Slug.

"i·dol·a·try
īˈdälətrē/
noun
  1. worship of idols.
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]
Google

Yes, but that has nothing to do with loving your country and everything it stands for. Is there someplace you wished you would have rather been born besides the United States?

"i·dol·a·try
īˈdälətrē/
noun
  1. worship of idols.
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]
Google

I lay awake at night worrying about what you think, Slug.
I thought it might be the Agent Orange, SS

"i·dol·a·try
īˈdälətrē/
noun
  1. worship of idols.
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]
Google

Yes, but that has nothing to do with loving your country and everything it stands for. Is there someplace you wished you would have rather been born besides the United States?
No, there is no place I would rather be than here; the American Revolution offered humanity a chance at freedom that only Haiti's slave rebellion can rival.

"Unfortunately, the bankers took control of both revolutions, and, today, both governments serve their richest citizens at the expense of their majorities.

"Hopefully, the internet will open enough eyes in the US to reinvigorate our struggle:

"In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears.

"A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain!

"Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived.

—Thomas Paine[12
Common Sense pamphlet - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

"i·dol·a·try
īˈdälətrē/
noun
  1. worship of idols.
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]
Google

No, there is no place I would rather be than here; the American Revolution offered humanity a chance at freedom that only Haiti's slave rebellion can rival.

"Unfortunately, the bankers took control of both revolutions, and, today, both governments serve their richest citizens at the expense of their majorities.

"Hopefully, the internet will open enough eyes in the US to reinvigorate our struggle:

"In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears.

"A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain!

"Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived.

—Thomas Paine[12

Honestly, if we were going to war for the reasons you state, then we would be making out well on it, but we do not. The oil does not belong to us. The United States still has to purchase oil, so that is not the reason. As far as I can tell, we make only sacrifices, and the sacrifices would be much bigger than any benefit we, as a country, could possibly get.

"i·dol·a·try
īˈdälətrē/
noun
  1. worship of idols.
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]
Google

—Thomas Paine[12

Honestly, if we were going to war for the reasons you state, then we would be making out well on it, but we do not. The oil does not belong to us. The United States still has to purchase oil, so that is not the reason. As far as I can tell, we make only sacrifices, and the sacrifices would be much bigger than any benefit we, as a country, could possibly get.
Some of us are making a great deal of money from the Long War; big players in arms sales, oil sales, and the laundering of illegal drug profits are literally making a killing in the Middle East. Naturally, some of the profits trickle down to the Shareholder Class and middle-class Americans working for defense and energy contractors. I believe it's only a matter of time before the real killing blows back on the US homeland, and then we'll watch what's left of our civil rights disappear.

—Thomas Paine[12

Some of us are making a great deal of money from the Long War; big players in arms sales, oil sales, and the laundering of illegal drug profits are literally making a killing in the Middle East. Naturally, some of the profits trickle down to the Shareholder Class and middle-class Americans working for defense and energy contractors. I believe it's only a matter of time before the real killing blows back on the US homeland, and then we'll watch what's left of our civil rights disappear.

That is still not worth the COSTS of war that we all pay. I'm not buying your conspiracy theory. :D I do believe that oil was a reason, but more for world economic security reasons than to line any individuals pockets, but I also believe there were other reasons.

—Thomas Paine[12

The first act will be to take away all the grift the freeloaders and deadbeats receive. Then maybe they'll get a job and learn to be taxpayers. Nah, thats a pipe dream.

—Thomas Paine[12

That is still not worth the COSTS of war that we all pay. I'm not buying your conspiracy theory. :D I do believe that oil was a reason, but more for world economic security reasons than to line any individuals pockets, but I also believe there were other reasons.
If there is a Conspiracy, its controlled by bankers, and they are serious about world dominion:
"One distinctive feature of Quigley's historical writings was his assertion that secret societies have played a significant role in recent world history. His writing on this topic has made Quigley famous among many who investigate conspiracy theories.[2]:96, 98 Quigley's views are particularly notable because the majority of reputable academic historians profess skepticism about conspiracy theories."
Carroll Quigley - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

—Thomas Paine[12

If there is a Conspiracy, its controlled by bankers, and they are serious about world dominion:
"One distinctive feature of Quigley's historical writings was his assertion that secret societies have played a significant role in recent world history. His writing on this topic has made Quigley famous among many who investigate conspiracy theories.[2]:96, 98 Quigley's views are particularly notable because the majority of reputable academic historians profess skepticism about conspiracy theories."
Carroll Quigley - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Lol! Are you sure it isn't the Illuminati!!!!????:ack-1:

Forum List

Back