ISIS Beheads Another Brit

I think there are universal standards of morality that states regularly violate, and many of us excuse some of the resulting crimes because of an accident of birth. For example, would you have the same love for the US if you had been born in Iraq or Afghanistan? As far as improving your country is concerned, I think love is blind.:biggrin:

Yes, but that has nothing to do with loving your country and everything it stands for. Is there someplace you wished you would have rather been born besides the United States?
No, there is no place I would rather be than here; the American Revolution offered humanity a chance at freedom that only Haiti's slave rebellion can rival.

"Unfortunately, the bankers took control of both revolutions, and, today, both governments serve their richest citizens at the expense of their majorities.

"Hopefully, the internet will open enough eyes in the US to reinvigorate our struggle:

"In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears.

"A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain!

"Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived.

—Thomas Paine[12
Common Sense pamphlet - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Honestly, if we were going to war for the reasons you state, then we would be making out well on it, but we do not. The oil does not belong to us. The United States still has to purchase oil, so that is not the reason. As far as I can tell, we make only sacrifices, and the sacrifices would be much bigger than any benefit we, as a country, could possibly get.
Some of us are making a great deal of money from the Long War; big players in arms sales, oil sales, and the laundering of illegal drug profits are literally making a killing in the Middle East. Naturally, some of the profits trickle down to the Shareholder Class and middle-class Americans working for defense and energy contractors. I believe it's only a matter of time before the real killing blows back on the US homeland, and then we'll watch what's left of our civil rights disappear.
The first act will be to take away all the grift the freeloaders and deadbeats receive. Then maybe they'll get a job and learn to be taxpayers. Nah, thats a pipe dream.
Like those about bringing peace. freedom, and prosperity to the people of Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq,and Syria?

No, there is no place I would rather be than here; the American Revolution offered humanity a chance at freedom that only Haiti's slave rebellion can rival.

"Unfortunately, the bankers took control of both revolutions, and, today, both governments serve their richest citizens at the expense of their majorities.

"Hopefully, the internet will open enough eyes in the US to reinvigorate our struggle:

"In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears.

"A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain!

"Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived.

—Thomas Paine[12
Common Sense pamphlet - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Honestly, if we were going to war for the reasons you state, then we would be making out well on it, but we do not. The oil does not belong to us. The United States still has to purchase oil, so that is not the reason. As far as I can tell, we make only sacrifices, and the sacrifices would be much bigger than any benefit we, as a country, could possibly get.
Some of us are making a great deal of money from the Long War; big players in arms sales, oil sales, and the laundering of illegal drug profits are literally making a killing in the Middle East. Naturally, some of the profits trickle down to the Shareholder Class and middle-class Americans working for defense and energy contractors. I believe it's only a matter of time before the real killing blows back on the US homeland, and then we'll watch what's left of our civil rights disappear.

That is still not worth the COSTS of war that we all pay. I'm not buying your conspiracy theory. :D I do believe that oil was a reason, but more for world economic security reasons than to line any individuals pockets, but I also believe there were other reasons.
If there is a Conspiracy, its controlled by bankers, and they are serious about world dominion:
"One distinctive feature of Quigley's historical writings was his assertion that secret societies have played a significant role in recent world history. His writing on this topic has made Quigley famous among many who investigate conspiracy theories.[2]:96, 98 Quigley's views are particularly notable because the majority of reputable academic historians profess skepticism about conspiracy theories."
Carroll Quigley - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Lol! Are you sure it isn't the Illuminati!!!!????:ack-1:
Be careful what you wish for:
"In his book The Anglo-American Establishment: From Rhodes to Cliveden,[19] Quigley purports to trace the history of a secret society founded in 1891 by Cecil Rhodes andAlfred Milner.

"Quigley notes that 'The organization was so modified and so expanded by Milner after the eclipse of Stead in 1899, and especially after the death of Rhodes in 1902, that it took on quite a different organization and character, although it continued to pursue the same goals.'[20]

"The society consisted of an inner circle ('The Society of the Elect') and an outer circle ('The Association of Helpers', also known as The Milner Kindergarten and the Round Table Group).[21]

"The society as a whole does not have a fixed name..."

That is still not worth the COSTS of war that we all pay. I'm not buying your conspiracy theory. :D I do believe that oil was a reason, but more for world economic security reasons than to line any individuals pockets, but I also believe there were other reasons.
If there is a Conspiracy, its controlled by bankers, and they are serious about world dominion:
"One distinctive feature of Quigley's historical writings was his assertion that secret societies have played a significant role in recent world history. His writing on this topic has made Quigley famous among many who investigate conspiracy theories.[2]:96, 98 Quigley's views are particularly notable because the majority of reputable academic historians profess skepticism about conspiracy theories."

"In his book The Anglo-American Establishment: From Rhodes to Cliveden,[19] Quigley purports to trace the history of a secret society founded in 1891 by Cecil Rhodes andAlfred Milner.

"Quigley notes that 'The organization was so modified and so expanded by Milner after the eclipse of Stead in 1899, and especially after the death of Rhodes in 1902, that it took on quite a different organization and character, although it continued to pursue the same goals.'[20]

"The society consisted of an inner circle ('The Society of the Elect') and an outer circle ('The Association of Helpers', also known as The Milner Kindergarten and the Round Table Group).[21]

I think that our politicians are crooks and that they do occasionally conspire together, but I don't believe there is some huge conspiracy as you claim. That is would require MUCH evidence. ;) Also, I think that evidence of such would have been gathered by now if these societies have existed since the 1800s.

I think that our politicians are crooks and that they do occasionally conspire together, but I don't believe there is some huge conspiracy as you claim. That is would require MUCH evidence. ;) Also, I think that evidence of such would have been gathered by now if these societies have existed since the 1800s.
"'Let me issue and control a nation’s money and I care not who writes the laws.' Mayer Amschel Rothschild (1744-1812), founder of the House of Rothschild."

If Quiqley is correct, private bankers control the world's politicians. Bill Clinton apparently bought into the plan, and there's no reason to believe his wife will disappoint rich capitalists either.

"'The few who understand the system will either be so interested in its profits or be so dependent upon its favours that there will be no opposition from that class, while on the other hand, the great body of people, mentally incapable of comprehending the tremendous advantage that capital derives from the system, will bear its burdens without complaint, and perhaps without even suspecting that the system is inimical to their interests.' The Rothschild brothers of London writing to associates in New York, 1863."

Famous Quotations on Banking

Now we know why you would be a piss poor soldier, George. No allegiance, no loyalty. no backbone.

No willingness to take a bad order from an incompetent higher command chain in order to get yourself killed for a cause that has nothing to do with you, and only gets the rich richer.

You're not a patriot George, patriots will die so their masters get more money.

Now we know why you would be a piss poor soldier, George. No allegiance, no loyalty. no backbone.

No willingness to take a bad order from an incompetent higher command chain in order to get yourself killed for a cause that has nothing to do with you, and only gets the rich richer.

Idiotic drivel.

Idiotic drivel.
What threat level did the people of Vietnam pose to your homeland, Hossie?
War of aggression - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Idiotic drivel.
Irrelevant drivel

Idiotic drivel.
Irrelevant drivel
Not to your victims.
original.jpg

Idiotic drivel.

Yeah, willingness to go fight for a dumbass cause is a good thing?

Willingness to go fight so some rich people can get richer is a good thing?

Idiotic drivel.

You know, it's funny that you keep insisting that we only go to war so that rich people can get richer. That is silly and paranoid.

Idiotic drivel.

You know, it's funny that you keep insisting that we only go to war so that rich people can get richer. That is silly and paranoid.
He spends a lot of time listening to georgephillip about the Rockefellers and other rich cats.

Idiotic drivel.

He spends a lot of time listening to georgephillip about the Rockefellers and other rich cats.
Like your pal, Henry?
The Kissinger Telephone Conversation Transcripts

Yes, it is silly beyond belief. CONGRESS decides if we go to war. They have the final word.

Actually no. War can often be started by the President who has a certain number of days to do what he likes before he has to consult with Congress who control the purse strings.

Also, Bush could say, tell the CIA to go cook up some information, come back, convince Congress and then go to war, ie, what happened.

Also, this isn't the point. Congressmen and Presidents seem quite prone to being bought by big money. Who decides to put pressure and money on Congress and the President?

Is it?

Who decides who goes to war and why do they decide this?

Yes, it is silly beyond belief. CONGRESS decides if we go to war. They have the final word.
Since the end of WWII, international law has made formal declarations of war highly unlikely since there are only two legitimate excuses for one state to declare war on another.
"For committing this crime, the Nuremberg Tribunal sentenced a number of persons responsible for starting World War II.

"One consequence of this is that nations who are starting an armed conflict must now argue that they are either exercising the right of self-defense, the right of collective defense, or - it seems - the enforcement of the criminal lawof jus cogens.

"It has made formal declaration of war uncommon after 1945."

Yeah, the US has never had slavery, has never committed genocide against the Native American peoples. It doesn't execute innocent people and doesn't destroy the very land they're on to get at oil or gas and wouldn't deny people rights based on how they were born.

No, the US would never do any of those things.

But, sarcasm aside, treating others completely differently to US citizens just because they sit on top of oil, well, I'd say it kind of does make the US look like a bunch of savages. Just ones that have just enough intelligence to justify their savagery.

Back in the day, cowboys 'n' injuns and all that, the US citizens managed to justify their genocide. Trail of tears, destroying the buffalo, just hacking native american women and children to death, among many, MANY acts of genocide and ethnic cleansing committed from people like George Washington well into last century, and I could even argue it's still happening now.

But hey, go ahead and justify your savagery. I know you want to.
Any particular reason you hate America so much? Did you run for Congress and lose? Tch tch.
Tell us why you worship America?
Still confusing freedom and war?

I wouldn't say that I "worship" America, but I love America because it is the land of the free and the home of the brave! You don't love your country and want it to be the best in the world?
I just heard a radio conversation in which a former Catholic priest said those who love their country are committing
"i·dol·a·try
īˈdälətrē/
noun
  1. worship of idols.
    synonyms:idolization, fetishization, fetishism, idol worship, adulation, adoration,reverence, veneration, glorification, lionization, hero-worshiping
    "the prophets railed against idolatry"
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]
    • extreme admiration, love, or reverence for something or someone.
Google

Why should I care? I'm not Catholic. Lol. :wink_2: I think that having pride in your country and love for your country makes your country better. Don't you?

Unless you're just proud of being stupid. :cool:

Any particular reason you hate America so much? Did you run for Congress and lose? Tch tch.
Tell us why you worship America?
Still confusing freedom and war?

I wouldn't say that I "worship" America, but I love America because it is the land of the free and the home of the brave! You don't love your country and want it to be the best in the world?
I just heard a radio conversation in which a former Catholic priest said those who love their country are committing
"i·dol·a·try
īˈdälətrē/
noun
  1. worship of idols.
    synonyms:idolization, fetishization, fetishism, idol worship, adulation, adoration,reverence, veneration, glorification, lionization, hero-worshiping
    "the prophets railed against idolatry"
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]
    • extreme admiration, love, or reverence for something or someone.
Google

Why should I care? I'm not Catholic. Lol. :wink_2: I think that having pride in your country and love for your country makes your country better. Don't you?

Unless you're just proud of being stupid. :cool:
Patriotism has made a lot of smart people look stupid over the centuries:
"Patriotism is, generally speaking, cultural attachment to one's homeland or devotion to one's country, although interpretations of the term vary with context, geography and political ideology. It is a set of concepts closely related to those of nationalism."
patriotism - Google Search

Forum List

Back