Is YouTube silencing and shadow banning popular contributors.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
I almost forgot Russel Brand existed.
He would pop on my feed all the time, even though I have never watched his full show. I can't... he is so frantic and exhaustingly over dramatized in his speech I can only take a few minutes at a time.
But now I never see him in my feed. Haven't for weeks. And sure enough, the number of views are about half what they were before. No wonder. I am willing to bet he has disappeared in a lot of folks streams.
Another one... Jordan Peterson. Look at his views. How is it possible that, for no apparent reason, his views are all over the map! One video may only get 200k views, even though the guest on the show is well known. Another video of a much more innocuous guest gets over 1,000,000. It doesn't make sense, and if something doesn't make sense it means there is something you don't know that would make it make sense.

In a word "YES".

Alphabet(parent company of Google and YouTube) is all over the place with "woke" agenda and conservative agenda depending on the content rulers of the day.

Those covering the Ukrainian/Russian war are extremely hamstrung with their content.

Then there are the limits of what bathing suits or clothing the influencers can wear.

Then there are limits on firearm demonstrators can do.

All are getting delisted and defunded or edited regularly.

They have become publishers....and until the law makes them become platforms again....they will remain publishers instead of platforms.

Suppose for a minute, that Russell Brand simply isn't creating as much content as before.

Oh no, he's being censored, for sure.

Yes they are.

Example

True crime content creators get demonetized for describing the actual criminal content of the cases they cover.

Apparently lefties are extremely fragile and need to be protected from reality. With more than just “ Trigger Warnings”.

Suppose for a minute, that Russell Brand simply isn't creating as much content as before.

Oh no, he's being censored, for sure.
You can at least attempt to back up what you say.
He makes multiple videos a day. Like most creators, he has a show that might be 45 minutes long.... might be 3 hours long. After the show they break up the video into smaller bite-sized pieces that are subject specific and release those videos for those who don't want to watch the whole show.

Yes they are.

Example

True crime content creators get demonetized for describing the actual criminal content of the cases they cover.

Apparently lefties are extremely fragile and need to be protected from reality. With more than just “ Trigger Warnings”.
I've read most of the true crimes books. The creators are plagiarizing the books methinks. That's a no-no.

Forum List

Back