Is whoever wins the election screwed?

In the long run? Serious question.

-No matter who wins the debt will continue to spin out of control and likely be approaching $20trillion by the end of the next presidential term.

That's what Republicans (AND, Porky Limbaugh) ASSumed, while they were conceding the up-coming election to Bill Clinton (in '92)....that he would fall flat-on-his-face, trying to "right" Daddy Bush's economic-debacle....and, they would waltz right-back-in, in '96!!

DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!

....And, now.....in December.....we're headed right-back to BILL CLINTON'S TAX-RATES!!!!!

493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif

Last edited:
Is whoever wins the election screwed?

Obama already has proven not to be after curtailing the 07-09 Great Recession and is in position to further the expanding recovery he deserves reelection for ... Romney would be given a golden egg unlike what Bush left for Obama.

Expanding recovery? How about the longest most expensive recovery in the history of the country. And we aren't recovered yet. When do you think he might get unemployment under 8%? No that that is acceptable but at least it's a goal.

When? Probably mid to late summer the unemployment will be down to 7 point something.

"No matter who wins the debt will continue to spin out of control and likely be approaching $20trillion by the end of the next presidential term.''

After Dick "deficits don't matter" Cheney, now the US should worry about deficits?

"No matter who wins the debt will continue to spin out of control and likely be approaching $20trillion by the end of the next presidential term.''

After Dick "deficits don't matter" Cheney, now the US should worry about deficits?

That was originally started by the current GOP deity called Reagan.

-No matter who wins the debt will continue to spin out of control and likely be approaching $20trillion by the end of the next presidential term.

-And the economy, in no small part due to the governments lack of fiscal control, will likely not improve much.

These are just a couple of things, feel free to add more. But the major issues facing this country aren't going to be resolved by the next president. And the propensity of politicians these days to be more loyal to party than country will prevent any real action being done to attempt to solve them. Frankly I think whichever party wins this election will most certainly lose the one four years later.

I am a Republican, but I think the Republicans are kidding themselves if they think they can come in and turn this ship around, IMO there is no turning it around.

So you're basically saying that if they're screwed it's their own fault.

Can't argue with that.

No really I am saying that the problems are so deep that our government can't solve them as it is, and that the party that wins this upcoming election may well get the blame in the long run. I believe that a lot of chickens are going to come home to roost for the US in these next few years and that whoever is in the White House will catch hell forever for them even though a lot of them may not be their fault.

both party's are to blame as are we all.
And yes there is no quick fix, this problem has been building since the 80's.

I don't care who started it.

I don't care who spent the most, and the fastest.

What I do care about is who will get this run away spending under control and when.

Yep, the debt nearly doubled under Reagan and we became a debtor nation and have been ever since.
We also went from an industrial based to consumer based economy.

We absolutely need tax increases, for multiple reasons.

Why do you think we don't?

The Iraq war did pay for itself.

As soon as we pulled our troops out of Iraq on December 31, 2011 oil prices shot up & have not stopped climbing since. Let me know when they top out what percent rise that will be.

When we invaded Iraq oil price dropped 33%. That 33% drop in price times our USA annual 7.6 billion barrel oil consumption saved us $366 billion a year. Over the 8 years of the Iraq war total could be $2.9 trillion. So take out the ~$1 trillion cost of the Iraq war & we may be $1.9 trillion in the black.

Oil prices crashed 33% from $40 down to $27 after we invaded Iraq in March 2003.

6779516524_7ab2dc9741_b.jpg

Wholesale gasoline dropped from $1.25 down to $0.75 after we invaded Iraq in March 2003. Add in the taxes & gas at the pump prices dropped from $1.75 down to $1.25.

6779554494_cf360c145f_b.jpg

The monetary cost of Iraq may be trillions, all paid by debt. The 4,500+ lives lost, and 32,000 injured cannot be expressed in dollars & cents. Plus, the nation PROMISED Iraqis a new society. This war was drain by any measure.

What Did the Iraq War Cost? More Than You Think. - US News and World Report

We absolutely need tax increases, for multiple reasons.

Why do you think we don't?

The Iraq war did pay for itself.

As soon as we pulled our troops out of Iraq on December 31, 2011 oil prices shot up & have not stopped climbing since. Let me know when they top out what percent rise that will be.

When we invaded Iraq oil price dropped 33%. That 33% drop in price times our USA annual 7.6 billion barrel oil consumption saved us $366 billion a year. Over the 8 years of the Iraq war total could be $2.9 trillion. So take out the ~$1 trillion cost of the Iraq war & we may be $1.9 trillion in the black.

Oil prices crashed 33% from $40 down to $27 after we invaded Iraq in March 2003.

6779516524_7ab2dc9741_b.jpg

Wholesale gasoline dropped from $1.25 down to $0.75 after we invaded Iraq in March 2003. Add in the taxes & gas at the pump prices dropped from $1.75 down to $1.25.

6779554494_cf360c145f_b.jpg
That 33% drop in price times our USA annual 7.6 billion barrel oil consumption saved us $366 billion a year.
These amounts did not go in to the US Treasury. Thus the debt REMAINS.

Seems pretty obvious that whoever won the LAST election was going to be screwed, TOO.

Yepper and what I said before the last election.

A president inheriting a recession and a bailout package passed and pushed by the last president? How can that turn out good?

Nice try liberal, the smoke and mirrors trying to tell us things won't change so just stay on course.

Romney will first repeal Obamacare which will help businesses and the debt from day 1.

Romney will make sure the DoD cuts aren't damaging to the national security and industries that support it.

Romeny will slowly fix social security, medicare, etc to bring down the cost of those programs by forcing people to retire at older ages with less benefits. The gravy train is over.

You see, it's that simple....liberal.

-And the economy, in no small part due to the governments lack of fiscal control, will likely not improve much.

These are just a couple of things, feel free to add more. But the major issues facing this country aren't going to be resolved by the next president. And the propensity of politicians these days to be more loyal to party than country will prevent any real action being done to attempt to solve them. Frankly I think whichever party wins this election will most certainly lose the one four years later.

I am a Republican, but I think the Republicans are kidding themselves if they think they can come in and turn this ship around, IMO there is no turning it around.

Seems pretty obvious that whoever won the LAST election was going to be screwed, TOO.

Yepper and what I said before the last election.

A president inheriting a recession and a bailout package passed and pushed by the last president? How can that turn out good?

Democrats had total power with a super majority. The real questions are: Why did they not fix all the problems? & How did they screw things up so bad?

Miss_Cleo.jpg

Romney will first repeal Obamacare which will help businesses and the debt from day 1.

Romney will make sure the DoD cuts aren't damaging to the national security and industries that support it.

Romeny will slowly fix social security, medicare, etc to bring down the cost of those programs by forcing people to retire at older ages with less benefits. The gravy train is over.
You forgot one......

Look-flying-pigs--51794.jpg

Forum List

Back