Is whoever wins the election screwed?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AlabamaTrojan, Mar 10, 2012.

1. AlabamaTrojan

AlabamaTrojan For America!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    In the long run? Serious question.

-No matter who wins the debt will continue to spin out of control and likely be approaching $20trillion by the end of the next presidential term.

-And the economy, in no small part due to the governments lack of fiscal control, will likely not improve much.

These are just a couple of things, feel free to add more. But the major issues facing this country aren't going to be resolved by the next president. And the propensity of politicians these days to be more loyal to party than country will prevent any real action being done to attempt to solve them. Frankly I think whichever party wins this election will most certainly lose the one four years later.

I am a Republican, but I think the Republicans are kidding themselves if they think they can come in and turn this ship around, IMO there is no turning it around.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,409
    So you're basically saying that if they're screwed it's their own fault.

Can't argue with that.

3. AlabamaTrojan

AlabamaTrojan For America!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    No really I am saying that the problems are so deep that our government can't solve them as it is, and that the party that wins this upcoming election may well get the blame in the long run. I believe that a lot of chickens are going to come home to roost for the US in these next few years and that whoever is in the White House will catch hell forever for them even though a lot of them may not be their fault.

4. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    Nah.. It is a matter of choices. As bad as things got in 1979 in England, not too much longer after that they were a whole lot better. January 19, 1981 was a dismal day with gas shortages still rampant. By February things were already mending.

And even after 70+ years of Communism, Russia came out of it and began improving immediately. They would have been better off without the stupid, but they built on what they had and got better quickly.

And even now Poland, Slovakia, Estonia, Latvia and Hungary are doing quite well. Some parts of XYugoslavia are doing quite well, thank you very much. Other parts, not so well.

Poland is being smart and making right choices and is doing especially well. Next door Belorussia is suffering the stupidity of its leadership very badly. And of course, despite all the advantages they have in the EU and the rest of it, Greece is a mess.

So as long as the correct choices are made, things will go well.

Your assumption is that the US will continue with aggravated stupid. And I don't see that happening.

5. Full-Auto

Full-Auto Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,615
    It will exceed 20 trillion by 2016 The differences as I see them is who will slow spending. Democrats are on record any cut is extreme.

6. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    The only reason I support Romney is that, out of this whole bunch (including that whackjob in the White House).... he is the only one who might just be able to get a grip of the spending thing.... he's done in it the private sector. It can be done... IF we elect someone with the backbone to do it... and he is the only one with that backbone.

7. iamwhatiseem

iamwhatiseem Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,097
    Well I can definitely say we sure as HELL do not need another 4 years of Obama.
    This is obvious to anyone except the sheep.
    Romney is not my particular choice...but I will be voting for him without the slightest pause.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. DontBeStupid

DontBeStupid Look it up!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +422
    Spending is not the problem right now. Neither is debt. We need more jobs and we need more revenue. Both are not hard to come by, assuming whoever is elected actually wants to increase them.

9. Full-Auto

Full-Auto Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,615
    I will agree out of all out there, he might be able to do something. As far as political back bone. We shall see. I have very strong doubts. He holds many of the same big government attitudes as the current potus.

10. bripat9643

bripat9643 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,237
    The last thing we need is tax increase, which is what you're so desperately trying to avoid mentioning.