Is whoever wins the election screwed?

AlabamaTrojan

For America!
Mar 6, 2012
Alabama
In the long run? Serious question.

-No matter who wins the debt will continue to spin out of control and likely be approaching $20trillion by the end of the next presidential term.

-And the economy, in no small part due to the governments lack of fiscal control, will likely not improve much.

These are just a couple of things, feel free to add more. But the major issues facing this country aren't going to be resolved by the next president. And the propensity of politicians these days to be more loyal to party than country will prevent any real action being done to attempt to solve them. Frankly I think whichever party wins this election will most certainly lose the one four years later.

I am a Republican, but I think the Republicans are kidding themselves if they think they can come in and turn this ship around, IMO there is no turning it around.

-No matter who wins the debt will continue to spin out of control and likely be approaching $20trillion by the end of the next presidential term.

-And the economy, in no small part due to the governments lack of fiscal control, will likely not improve much.

These are just a couple of things, feel free to add more. But the major issues facing this country aren't going to be resolved by the next president. And the propensity of politicians these days to be more loyal to party than country will prevent any real action being done to attempt to solve them. Frankly I think whichever party wins this election will most certainly lose the one four years later.

I am a Republican, but I think the Republicans are kidding themselves if they think they can come in and turn this ship around, IMO there is no turning it around.

So you're basically saying that if they're screwed it's their own fault.

Can't argue with that.

So you're basically saying that if they're screwed it's their own fault.

Can't argue with that.

No really I am saying that the problems are so deep that our government can't solve them as it is, and that the party that wins this upcoming election may well get the blame in the long run. I believe that a lot of chickens are going to come home to roost for the US in these next few years and that whoever is in the White House will catch hell forever for them even though a lot of them may not be their fault.

Nah.. It is a matter of choices. As bad as things got in 1979 in England, not too much longer after that they were a whole lot better. January 19, 1981 was a dismal day with gas shortages still rampant. By February things were already mending.

And even after 70+ years of Communism, Russia came out of it and began improving immediately. They would have been better off without the stupid, but they built on what they had and got better quickly.

And even now Poland, Slovakia, Estonia, Latvia and Hungary are doing quite well. Some parts of XYugoslavia are doing quite well, thank you very much. Other parts, not so well.

Poland is being smart and making right choices and is doing especially well. Next door Belorussia is suffering the stupidity of its leadership very badly. And of course, despite all the advantages they have in the EU and the rest of it, Greece is a mess.

So as long as the correct choices are made, things will go well.

Your assumption is that the US will continue with aggravated stupid. And I don't see that happening.

It will exceed 20 trillion by 2016 The differences as I see them is who will slow spending. Democrats are on record any cut is extreme.

The only reason I support Romney is that, out of this whole bunch (including that whackjob in the White House).... he is the only one who might just be able to get a grip of the spending thing.... he's done in it the private sector. It can be done... IF we elect someone with the backbone to do it... and he is the only one with that backbone.

Well I can definitely say we sure as HELL do not need another 4 years of Obama.
This is obvious to anyone except the sheep.
Romney is not my particular choice...but I will be voting for him without the slightest pause.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Spending is not the problem right now. Neither is debt. We need more jobs and we need more revenue. Both are not hard to come by, assuming whoever is elected actually wants to increase them.

The only reason I support Romney is that, out of this whole bunch (including that whackjob in the White House).... he is the only one who might just be able to get a grip of the spending thing.... he's done in it the private sector. It can be done... IF we elect someone with the backbone to do it... and he is the only one with that backbone.

I will agree out of all out there, he might be able to do something. As far as political back bone. We shall see. I have very strong doubts. He holds many of the same big government attitudes as the current potus.

Spending is not the problem right now. Neither is debt. We need more jobs and we need more revenue. Both are not hard to come by, assuming whoever is elected actually wants to increase them.

The last thing we need is tax increase, which is what you're so desperately trying to avoid mentioning.

The last thing we need is tax increase, which is what you're so desperately trying to avoid mentioning.

We absolutely need tax increases, for multiple reasons.

Why do you think we don't?

Romney is not my particular choice...but I will be voting for him without the slightest pause.

Voting for someone who is not your choice without the slightest pause, hmmmm, this could be part of what is wrong with America.

We absolutely need tax increases, for multiple reasons.

Why do you think we don't?

PLEASE look at your screen name... Enuf said!!

Whatever route we take will tank the economy. We can keep trying raising taxes and stimulating, which will take us the route of Greece, Argentina and Italy, or we can cut back on crazy spending and cut back on destructive taxes and regulations and let the economy grow naturally.

Voting for someone who is not your choice without the slightest pause, hmmmm, this could be part of what is wrong with America.

We only have two choices.
1) A idealist flop.
2) Not the most ideal prospect, but a clear better option than #1.

So yes, that is a part of what is wrong with America.

Obama already has proven not to be after curtailing the 07-09 Great Recession and is in position to further the expanding recovery he deserves reelection for ... Romney would be given a golden egg unlike what Bush left for Obama.

Our constitution was written on the assumption that we would have senators and house members who trusted one another and work together once a decision is made. Now we have political players who don't want to give up the football. Until we fix the business plan, we'll continue this slow decline into mediocrity.

Best way to get this country out of the problems it's in? Get rid of the people in Congress who are intentionally blocking legislation which would generate jobs.

The only thing this Congress which was led by Boehner has done is pass abortion bills (of which there are several ALREADY on the books).

Tell the truth? I see the GOP taking massive losses in the House and Senate with Obama being re-elected.

Bookmark this if you wish.

Obama already has proven not to be after curtailing the 07-09 Great Recession and is in position to further the expanding recovery he deserves reelection for ... Romney would be given a golden egg unlike what Bush left for Obama.

Expanding recovery? How about the longest most expensive recovery in the history of the country. And we aren't recovered yet. When do you think he might get unemployment under 8%? No that that is acceptable but at least it's a goal.

Forum List

Back