Is Wal-Mart hiring proselytizers now?

If they refused to hire a moonlighting Imam might one presume there'd be an outcry about religious intolerance?

Are you intentionally missing the point, or was it accidental?

So do you consider your selective political correctness much of a liability?

Do you consider your inability to comprehend the English language much of a liability?

I'm curious, where do you think I have expressed any "political correctness"?

So Delta, did you regale the man about how much you enjoy receiving anal sex? Or tell him how healthy masturbating is? That might have set the fella off......

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT
If they refused to hire a moonlighting Imam might one presume there'd be an outcry about religious intolerance?

Are you intentionally missing the point, or was it accidental?

So do you consider your selective political correctness much of a liability?

Do you consider your inability to comprehend the English language much of a liability?

I'm curious, where do you think I have expressed any "political correctness"?
Ahhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa

So Delta, did you regale the man about how much you enjoy receiving anal sex? Or tell him how healthy masturbating is? That might have set the fella off......

He didn't have time, he had to hurry home and bake cookies for the neighborhood chillens.

Walmart will hire e who is willing to actually apply for something like that. It surely should not be called a "job" though. I don't shop there. Their stores are ugly.

Walmart will hire e who is willing to actually apply for something like that. It surely should not be called a "job" though. I don't shop there. Their stores are ugly.
You only shop at pretty stores?

Before 9/11/01, I had a short bearded employee of Circuit City proselytize to me for Islam. A real creep. On at least three occasions. Say what you will about Christians, but they aren't crashing planes into buildings or cutting off heads in HD.

Christian zealot beheads teen for practicing witchcraft

Not planes anyway.

koshergrl who has had the gall to call herself a "christian" (I know, LOL) actually said she was glad a "christian' murdered a young guy who was practicing the most innocuous and benign religion of Wicca.

The OP can go on a street corner with a sign saying "There is no God" but he wants to live in a world where Christians don't have that same right to express their beliefs.

Blackrook

Within the confines of the US Constitution
, EXACTLY where are the rights of "christians" being taken away?

A real or phony christian can stand on that same street corner and please, do try to remember that this is also about the right to shop without being accosted by some nutter who thinks they should be able preach and screech in their workplace.

Why doesn't that shopper have to just shop in peace?

It doesn't sound like the Wal-Mart cashier was "preaching" or "screeching" at the work place. He was just telling a story. People do that all the time -- it's called "small talk." The OP is just an anal retentive and can't handle other people's normal social behavior.

Had an interesting guy at checkout mention how he was suicidal, found Jebus, and now is an ordained minister. Going to India to proselytize and gave me an earful about his faith. Was pretty sure if I'd mentioned it to a manager he'd be gone but I felt sorry for him. Going to India soon nayway, will be their problem then. :) But it begged the question, does Wal-Mart know when they hire especially religious people? Are they cool with that? It is the Bible belt afterall, probably gonna get a lot of those types. Still...
It's unfortunate that so many Christians are oblivious to how arrogant, inappropriate, and rude they can be; to be so presumptuous as to assume that others would be interested in a Christian's personal, private beliefs.
How arrogant, inappropriate, and rude, you are to presume that anyone would be interested in this personal, private belief of yours.

Pssst, by the way, these beliefs are not private, Genius, if they share them.

It doesn't sound like the Wal-Mart cashier was "preaching" or "screeching" at the work place. He was just telling a story. People do that all the time -- it's called "small talk." The OP is just an anal retentive and can't handle other people's normal social behavior.

Blackrook

Don't try to change the subject.

YOU WROTE THIS:

The OP can go on a street corner with a sign saying "There is no God" but he wants to live in a world where Christians don't have that same right to express their beliefs.

And I asked you

Within the confines of the US Constitution, EXACTLY where are the rights of "christians" being taken away?

Well?

Had an interesting guy at checkout mention how he was suicidal, found Jebus, and now is an ordained minister. Going to India to proselytize and gave me an earful about his faith. Was pretty sure if I'd mentioned it to a manager he'd be gone but I felt sorry for him. Going to India soon nayway, will be their problem then. :) But it begged the question, does Wal-Mart know when they hire especially religious people? Are they cool with that? It is the Bible belt afterall, probably gonna get a lot of those types. Still...
It's unfortunate that so many Christians are oblivious to how arrogant, inappropriate, and rude they can be; to be so presumptuous as to assume that others would be interested in a Christian's personal, private beliefs.
How arrogant, inappropriate, and rude, you are to presume that anyone would be interested in this personal, private belief of yours.

"How arrogant, inappropriate, and rude" of people of any faith to think they have the right to preach or even mention their religion to a customer.

Blackrook

YOU WROTE THIS:

And I asked you

Within the confines of the US Constitution, EXACTLY where are the rights of "christians" being taken away?

Well?
Certainly, you have a right under the Constitution to complain to the Wal-Mart manager, but you're still a prick if you do it.

"How arrogant, inappropriate, and rude" of people of any faith to think they have the right to preach or even mention their religion to a customer.
Of course you would think it arrogant, inappropriate, and rude. Your personal, private belief is noted; we all can see it now.

However, proselytizing to customers is a right that people of faith have. It is not a right they have only if their employers say it isn't. Not you.

The OP is the kind of guy who would snarl at someone saying, "Merry Christmas!"

Blackrook

YOU WROTE THIS:

And I asked you

Well?
Certainly, you have a right under the Constitution to complain to the Wal-Mart manager, but you're still a prick if you do it.

I wouldn't but I would certainly tell them to keep their preaching to themselves.

Because -

Of course you would think it arrogant, inappropriate, and rude. Your personal, private belief is noted; we all can see it now.

However, proselytizing to customers is a right that people of faith have. It is not a right they have only if their employers say it isn't. Not you.

I have the right not to be accosted by froot loops while minding my own business.

Any of you remember when Hari Krishnas were accosting people in airports?

The airports stopped them because they have that right.

This is exactly why I don't like to even read posts in the religion forum. Its always the same damn thing - this screeching from phony christians who have nothing but hate in their hearts. Honestly, I am so glad I don't live this life of desperate hate that so many of you obviously do.

For the gazillionth time, you're more than welcome to whatever you want and need to believe but for Pete's sake, leave people alone.

You're more than welcome to your churches. I would never go into a church and harass you for your beliefs. I wouldn't accost some fool in a store for wearing a cross talisman around their neck.

Why can't you give that same courtesy to people outside your churches?

Just shut up. Quit this constant shoving it down people's throats.

Just.
Shut.
Up.

Last edited:

Blackrook

YOU WROTE THIS:

And I asked you

Well?

I wouldn't but I would certainly tell them to keep their preaching to themselves.

Because -

I have the right not to be accosted by froot loops while minding my own business.

Any of you remember when Hari Krishnas were accosting people in airports?

The airports stopped them because they have that right.

This is exactly why I don't like to even read posts in the religion forum. Its always the same damn thing - this screeching from phony christians who have nothing but hate in their hearts. Honestly, I am so glad I don't live this life of desperate hate that so many of you obviously do.

For the gazillionth time, you're more than welcome to whatever you want and need to believe but for Pete's sake, leave people alone.

You're more than welcome to your churches. I would never go into a church and harass you for your beliefs. I wouldn't accost some fool in a store for wearing a cross talisman around their neck.

Why can't you give that same courtesy to people outside your churches?

Just shut up. Quit this constant shoving it down people's throats.

Just.
Shut.
Up.
This may come as a surprise to you (no doubt, most things do), but we weren't talking about accosting anyone. Neither was the OP. This thread really isn't about religious people approaching others and shoving their faith in their faces. It's about proselytizing. And proselytizing to customers.

You're an example of how liberals embellish or exaggerate a debate or story to make others seem outrageous. The faux outrage is all yours, my dear.

Blackrook

YOU WROTE THIS:

And I asked you

Well?

And you still dodged the question.

Forum List

Back