Is Wal-Mart hiring proselytizers now?

I don't give a shit, lol. It's WalMart, they can talk about whatever they want. And sharing information about his plans isn't the same as proselytizing, loon.

Actually, as usual, you're wrong.

If mgmt finds out, they'll be fired.

Right. Because of hyper-sensitive ego-driven morons who think they have a right to walk through life never having their oh-so-precious feelings violated in the least. It's not enough for any of us to be grateful to live in the most free and prosperous nation in world history, no, we have to listen to high-minded liberal freaks (and sometime religious ones) who tell us if you see a cross somewhere half a mile off the freeway in the desert on govt land, put there to honor our war dead, that we have to sue to have it destroyed at tax payer expense. Because the hurt was too much for one's sensitive soul to have to endure.

Your post is very disjointed and confused but it sounds like you're saying we should ignore the Constitution and that's just not gonna happen. Meanwhile, I hang up on telephone sales and shut the door on bible thumpers.

Before 9/11/01, I had a short bearded employee of Circuit City proselytize to me for Islam. A real creep. On at least three occasions. Say what you will about Christians, but they aren't crashing planes into buildings or cutting off heads in HD.

Christian zealot beheads teen for practicing witchcraft

Not planes anyway.

And not verified as a Christian..and certainly not funded and supported and trained by Christians...

Oh and the source:

"
About the Author
Michael Stone is an atheist, an educator, a progressive, a secular humanist, a freethinker, and a freelance writer residing in beautiful Portland, Oregon."

"...As an activist in the atheist community..."

About the Author

I don't give a shit, lol. It's WalMart, they can talk about whatever they want. And sharing information about his plans isn't the same as proselytizing, loon.

Right. Because of hyper-sensitive ego-driven morons who think they have a right to walk through life never having their oh-so-precious feelings violated in the least. It's not enough for any of us to be grateful to live in the most free and prosperous nation in world history, no, we have to listen to high-minded liberal freaks (and sometime religious ones) who tell us if you see a cross somewhere half a mile off the freeway in the desert on govt land, put there to honor our war dead, that we have to sue to have it destroyed at tax payer expense. Because the hurt was too much for one's sensitive soul to have to endure the very thought.
What's just as unfortunate is the ignorance of Establishment Clause jurisprudence common to most conservatives, such as this equally idiotic nonsense.

Before 9/11/01, I had a short bearded employee of Circuit City proselytize to me for Islam. A real creep. On at least three occasions. Say what you will about Christians, but they aren't crashing planes into buildings or cutting off heads in HD.

Christian zealot beheads teen for practicing witchcraft

Not planes anyway.

And not verified as a Christian..and certainly not funded and supported and trained by Christians.

What? that's not up there with al Qaeda and ISIS, is it? Get your priorities straight.

Right. Because of hyper-sensitive ego-driven morons who think they have a right to walk through life never having their oh-so-precious feelings violated in the least. It's not enough for any of us to be grateful to live in the most free and prosperous nation in world history, no, we have to listen to high-minded liberal freaks (and sometime religious ones) who tell us if you see a cross somewhere half a mile off the freeway in the desert on govt land, put there to honor our war dead, that we have to sue to have it destroyed at tax payer expense. Because the hurt was too much for one's sensitive soul to have to endure the very thought.
What's just as unfortunate is the ignorance of Establishment Clause jurisprudence common to most conservatives, such as this equally idiotic nonsense.

I've told you before...ebonics is not a language.

Try again only use proper English.

The OP can go on a street corner with a sign saying "There is no God" but he wants to live in a world where Christians don't have that same right to express their beliefs.

The issue addressed in the OP concerns the private sector only – having nothing to do with the First Amendment or when religious expression is or is not appropriate in government; nor does the issue have anything to do with limiting or restricting freedom of religious expression.

The issue concerns only inappropriate, unwarranted, and uninvited proselytizing by Christians, their propensity to be rude and arrogant consequently, where those not Christian or otherwise free from faith are at liberty to object to the proselytizing in the context of a free and democratic society.

Christians are at liberty to express their religious beliefs in appropriate public venues, where the Walmart checkout is not an appropriate venue.

The issue addressed in the OP concerns the private sector only – having nothing to do with the First Amendment or when religious expression is or is not appropriate in government; nor does the issue have anything to do with limiting or restricting freedom of religious expression.

The issue concerns only inappropriate, unwarranted, and uninvited proselytizing by Christians, their propensity to be rude and arrogant consequently, where those not Christian or otherwise free from faith are at liberty to object to the proselytizing in the context of a free and democratic society.

Christians are at liberty to express their religious beliefs in appropriate public venues, where the Walmart checkout is not an appropriate venue.

I believe your writing has actually improved since you started posting here.

But I know and you know you aren't a learned fellow, and we all know that you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Walmart isn't a public school. So don't worry about it.

The OP can go on a street corner with a sign saying "There is no God" but he wants to live in a world where Christians don't have that same right to express their beliefs.
Nonsense.

Both those free from faith and Christians are at liberty to express their beliefs on a street corner; neither are at liberty to do so at a checkout – Walmart in particular, which are infamous for being slow.

And again: this has nothing to do with 'rights,' this is a private sector controversy only, absent interference by lawmakers and the courts.

What law makes it illegal for them to talk about their plans for the future in the walmart checkout?

Or do they sign a contract when hired where they swear never to speak of their faith?

Or do they sign a contract when hired where they swear never to speak of their faith?
The cashiers are timed and watched. If they do not perform fast enough due to talking they will get fired...

So it's not that he's proselytizing, it's that he's going slow.

Can you point out in the OP where that was a part of the scenario?

In other words, that's not what we're talking about. The OP said that it was the *proselytizing* that was the problem. Not the speed.

Forum List

Back