Is Violence Against Women EVER Justified?

Read the OP and vote on the following:

• A man can hit a women only if she hits first and only once to make his point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Two of my favorite moves if I'm ever confronted...................

If the person grabs you around the neck from the front? Simple, flatten your hands, move your arms in curves up through the space between their arms and push out, then returning with your hands to clap them on the ears.

If they grab you around the neck from the back? Use the arm opposite the attackers arm and grab the elbow, dropping to your knee on whichever side the attacker grabs you from.

very similar to what I was taught in martial arts classes.

they grab from the front:
step back hard and twist ti one side, while at the same time bringing the opposite arm up and around to strike downward at an angle on their forearms, breaking their grip on your neck and leaving them open to several counter-moves.

they grab from the rear:
quickly step one leg behind and across yor other leg, as far as you can, while at the same time with the same side arm, swinging up and around their forearms, as tight and as close to their elbows as possible, maintain that grip tightly, immobilizing them long enough for the far knee into their side.

So I was having a discussion with the wife about if and when it is ever ok for a man to hit a women. Now the stereotypical answer is “never”. But is that really realistic? Let me toss out some scenarios where a man hit a women. Each of these I have personally witnessed (no I wasn’t the one doing the hitting) and in each case I felt the girl got exactly what she deserved.

Example 1: A buddy of mine had a girlfriend who made no secret that in her opinion she could hit him as much as she wanted because the moment he dared to hit back he would go to jail instead of her and no court would ever convict a woman of being abusive toward a man. I mean she actually bragged about it. She beat on that guy like a drum constantly until one day he finally had enough and “returned the treatment”. (Note: He would have simply left her but they had a child together and he couldn’t leave the child with an abusive woman until he could prove in court she was abusive – eventually that did happen.)

Example 2: To make a long story short, a beautiful woman stole our table at a crowded bar. My brother asked her politely to leave several times and offered to buy her a drink if she would depart. She refused every time told him “beautiful women only take orders when they feel like it so there’s not much you can do about it is there?” and then she blew smoke in his face. He asked her to leave again and warned her that if she blew smoke in his face again he would punch her dead in the face. She said “oh really? I dare you”, leaned directly into his face and exhaled a cloud of smoke around my brothers head….he broke her nose.

Example 3: A woman stood behind her boyfriend screaming at this other guy calling him every name in the book, making reference to his questionable parentage…I mean you name it and she said it. Her boyfriend stood between them and although he wasn’t being aggressive toward the other guy neither was he telling his girlfriend to shut the hell up either. Finally her boyfriend said “you will have to go through me first to shut her up”. The guy said “I accept your terms” and after he beat the shit out of her boyfriend he walked up to the women and punched her dead in the mouth and told her “you got your boyfriends ass kicked you should share his pain.”

Now as I said…..these were thing I witnessed where I said to myself “normally I would never endorse violence of any kind let alone against women…..but in this case….the bitch was begging for it.”

I welcome thoughts.

In all three examples I would have hit the woman. I would have been wrong to do so in example 2, but justified in 1 and 3.

Well, if she is a professional boxer or a black belt in a martil arts, I suggest running away while screaming like a 10 year old being chased by a Big mean bully.

Then again, these women are arrogant and need some one to teach them manners!(That someone is another woman!!)

I know when it is a proper time to strike a female.

1--You are the parent and your daughter is so out of line that a little spanking is necessary

2--Your girlfriend or wife is into spankings--and may leave you if you do not comply

3--you are a kid, your sister is a kid--and she likes to play "WWF".

4--A good slap to a woman that has lost her senses. The slap is to bring her back into reality(This is usually applied to men--but don't tell the women that!)

5--Whenever she is trying to kill you--then a quick strike and fall away is a good tactic that can be used to survive.

So yes, I can think of some cases where striking a female is either borderline or ok.

Yup! - Most fights are just macho sparing matches. But if someone is really out to inflict major damage or kill you, you had best be prepared to fight back. (ie: jam a finger into your eye, kick you hard in the knee, stab or club you from behind, bite off a body part, shoot you, poison) I could go on & on.

Two of my favorite moves if I'm ever confronted...................

If the person grabs you around the neck from the front? Simple, flatten your hands, move your arms in curves up through the space between their arms and push out, then returning with your hands to clap them on the ears.

If they grab you around the neck from the back? Use the arm opposite the attackers arm and grab the elbow, dropping to your knee on whichever side the attacker grabs you from.

This is the right way to do a choke hold that someone can't easily get out of. I do this to irrational people to make them pass out so I don't have to kill them or cause major damage. I rare back holding them with their feet off the ground out away from me to keep them from kicking me before they are out.

choke-hold-01.jpg

On an entertaining side note, when I used to do night club security, there was this dude Brian that worked the door at a neighboring club, long time submission fighter. The guy was about 6'6", 6'7", in that neighborhood, and long limbded'.

Anyway, when people would get out of hand to a great enough degree, he'd not only put 'em in this same, basic choke hold, but he'd lean way back and lift guys just off their feet. It actually looked pretty funny to see grown men "reclining" back against this dude with their feet kicking around a few inches off the sidewalk. Anyway, right as a guy would hit sleep mode (as he described it, "right when you feel 'em start to go limp") he'd lean forward and "bounce" 'em a couple times real sharply. Several times on my cigarette breaks I was lucky enough to witness drunken, mouthy pricks waking up on the pavement and going wide-eyed when they realized that they'd shit themselves, then doing that pelvis-out, bow legged walk to the parking lot. Always gave me the giggles.

Also, a nice tip I got back in the day on this particular hold: Most people put a palm against the back of the head to force the head forward, but since you're pinching off the neck artery, the pressure directly on the wind pipe from the forward push is unnecessary. In stead, twist that arm so that the palm is aimed down, then put the bony side of your forearm against the cranium, right on the underside of where it curves back in toward the neck. This, also, serves no practical purpose, but it's surprisingly painful.

Last edited:
What a stupid thread. You should never hit anyone, let alone women, unless in self-defense.

I get the feeling that this thread is designed to make women look bad.

Exactly...When is violence against a man justified? WWII? The crusades? The great toilet seat wars? How many men out there been raped by a woman? Please. This thread is...STUPID. Let me spell this out for you men out there: STOOOPID.

1--You are the parent and your daughter is so out of line that a little spanking is necessary

2--Your girlfriend or wife is into spankings--and may leave you if you do not comply

3--you are a kid, your sister is a kid--and she likes to play "WWF".

4--A good slap to a woman that has lost her senses. The slap is to bring her back into reality(This is usually applied to men--but don't tell the women that!)

5--Whenever she is trying to kill you--then a quick strike and fall away is a good tactic that can be used to survive.

So yes, I can think of some cases where striking a female is either borderline or ok.

I agree with #2. Everyone knows that all women really want a good spanking. As for #4, I found a cold drink works just as good as a slap.

What a stupid thread. You should never hit anyone, let alone women, unless in self-defense.

Exactly...When is violence against a man justified? WWII? The crusades? The great toilet seat wars? How many men out there been raped by a woman? Please. This thread is...STUPID. Let me spell this out for you men out there: STOOOPID.

Oh look at the little noob trying to educate us all. Isn't she cute? Seems pretty much that we have determined that violence against women is justified exactly when violence against men is...self-defense. Of course had you bothered to actually read the thread instead of simply responding to post #13 out of over 300 you probably would have known that.

[...]
I think of "striking" as a closed fist attack intended to have a traumatic effect. As the father of three (grown) girls I do not think of an occasional whack on the ass when called for as striking. It is affirmative parenting and when administered by a loving hand is never harmful or counterproductive.

I should mention I attended Catholic school in the 40s and 50s so my view of corporal punishment does not conform with the present standard.

Last edited:
So I was having a discussion with the wife about if and when it is ever ok for a man to hit a women. Now the stereotypical answer is “never”. But is that really realistic? Let me toss out some scenarios where a man hit a women. Each of these I have personally witnessed (no I wasn’t the one doing the hitting) and in each case I felt the girl got exactly what she deserved.
Of course there is, whenever she talks back! :lol: In reality, there are exceptions to the rule, but they are slim!

Example 1: A buddy of mine had a girlfriend who made no secret that in her opinion she could hit him as much as she wanted because the moment he dared to hit back he would go to jail instead of her and no court would ever convict a woman of being abusive toward a man. I mean she actually bragged about it. She beat on that guy like a drum constantly until one day he finally had enough and “returned the treatment”. (Note: He would have simply left her but they had a child together and he couldn’t leave the child with an abusive woman until he could prove in court she was abusive – eventually that did happen.)
Your buddy is a pussy. Overpowering most women isn't that hard. A women hits you how hard is it to put her in submission hold. JJJJEEESSSUUUSS! I think there is more to that story!

Example 2: To make a long story short, a beautiful woman stole our table at a crowded bar. My brother asked her politely to leave several times and offered to buy her a drink if she would depart. She refused every time told him “beautiful women only take orders when they feel like it so there’s not much you can do about it is there?” and then she blew smoke in his face. He asked her to leave again and warned her that if she blew smoke in his face again he would punch her dead in the face. She said “oh really? I dare you”, leaned directly into his face and exhaled a cloud of smoke around my brothers head….he broke her nose.
Your brother is a pussy and poor excuse for a man! Poor baby got his table stolen and smoke blown in his face. That is even close to reason to lay a hand on a women. Great example for justifying beating a women asshole!

Example 3: A woman stood behind her boyfriend screaming at this other guy calling him every name in the book, making reference to his questionable parentage…I mean you name it and she said it. Her boyfriend stood between them and although he wasn’t being aggressive toward the other guy neither was he telling his girlfriend to shut the hell up either. Finally her boyfriend said “you will have to go through me first to shut her up”. The guy said “I accept your terms” and after he beat the shit out of her boyfriend he walked up to the women and punched her dead in the mouth and told her “you got your boyfriends ass kicked you should share his pain.”
Another piss poor example. Her boyfriend got beat up, no reason to attack the girl.

Now as I said…..these were thing I witnessed where I said to myself “normally I would never endorse violence of any kind let alone against women…..but in this case….the bitch was begging for it.”

I welcome thoughts.
Your examples are shit and none are justification to attack a women. Not even close. Nice household you grew up in that you think it's even close to justification.

Here are justification:
(1) Self-defense of your self or others.
(2) A women harms your wife, girlfriend, daughter or sister.
(3) In certain case dealing with a stalker.
(4) A women steals from you, such a pick-pocket.

Mostly it was for arm chair commando types to go on about what badd ass ways they put bitches in check, that would then drift into how they took out 30 taliban bare handed, or how they taught Patrick Swayze all his moves for the movie Road house. It needs to be remembered that some chicks wont be slapped. I recommend Krav Maga. Great work out, appropriate for all ages, practical, and its just fun as hell.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzkhvydILYY&feature=relmfu]Krav Maga for Women : Defend Against The Behind Choke for Women's Self-Defense - YouTube[/ame]

Your examples are shit and none are justification to attack a women. Not even close. Nice household you grew up in that you think it's even close to justification.

Here are justification:
(1) Self-defense of your self or others.
(2) A women harms your wife, girlfriend, daughter or sister.
(3) In certain case dealing with a stalker.
(4) A women steals from you, such a pick-pocket.

Dude...good fucking Lord I am not going to go through all of this again. I never said it was justified to strike those women. I said they were begging for it...big difference. Read the thread.

What is it with people who show up on a thread that's four days old with over 300 posts and act like they are just getting in on the start of the conversation....like they are going to stun us with some new observation that no one has thought of before and hasn't been explored at length already? Christ alfucking mighty

Oh look at the little noob trying to educate us all. Isn't she cute? Seems pretty much that we have determined that violence against women is justified exactly when violence against men is...self-defense. Of course had you bothered to actually read the thread instead of simply responding to post #13 out of over 300 you probably would have known that.

Who you calling noob ? You have only been here five months. How long until you aint a noob? Did you neg the "noob" to ? give her the old "rep slap down" ? you are such a douche bag.

Who you calling noob ? You have only been here five months. How long until you aint a noob? Did you neg the "noob" to ? give her the old "rep slap down" ? you are such a douche bag.

Anyone with 128 posts is a noob.

Hm. I have seen people with more called noob. So, does being a "noob" make a persons post on a public message board any less valid ? and if so, why ?

Forum List

Back