Is this the year of the Libertarian Party?

Is 2018 the year of the Libertarian Party?

• Yes, because the DNC has provided little of an option for independents.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, because the GOP has provided little to retain the independent vote.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If a third party could not gain any traction in the last election with two hugely unpopular and unqualified candidates I am not sure they ever can

Until we abolish private campaign donations, and then remove money from politics, we will always be beholden to this two-party system.
Im with ya there. I hate the way we fund elections.
Federal laws affect corporations as much as you or me. Therefore, they should have a say as to who will have that kind of power over them.

Corporations pour gobs of money into our totally corrupt system out of the same self-interest which moves you or I to donate to a campaign. Because if they don't, they will get run into the ground and destroyed.

You can't blame corporations for acting rationally.

As for the Libertarian Party, they want liberty but not what is required to maintain it. For instance the free market is a great ideal but it takes government oversight to keep it free.
Libertarianism is not Anarchy, if such a thing can even exist. That is a gross mischaracterization of the maximized liberty ideal.
Are there any examples of countries that are libertarian? I'm thinking the US of the 19th century comes close but it was a lawless time that I would not wish to trade for ours.
Libertarians are closer to the COTUS than the duopoly will EVER be.
Does that not matter?

If a third party could not gain any traction in the last election with two hugely unpopular and unqualified candidates I am not sure they ever can

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Normally i would agree with that assessment but they put up a borderline retard and the GP put up a crazy bitch that defaces private property.
They had a fucking firecracker running too... Oh well. He is running for Senate this year. I hope he wins.
I am the bomb shit mother fucker

I was disappointed with the pick of Johnson, though I understand why they choose him. They were hoping name recognition would help him.

As for the Libertarian Party, they want liberty but not what is required to maintain it. For instance the free market is a great ideal but it takes government oversight to keep it free.
Libertarianism is not Anarchy, if such a thing can even exist. That is a gross mischaracterization of the maximized liberty ideal.
Are there any examples of countries that are libertarian? I'm thinking the US of the 19th century comes close but it was a lawless time that I would not wish to trade for ours.
I would like to see one state become libertarian.

The three percent of Americans who are members of the Libertarian Party should move to New Hampshire and take it over. Then they can set up a model for the rest of the country.

Until we abolish private campaign donations, and then remove money from politics, we will always be beholden to this two-party system.
Federal laws affect corporations as much as you or me. Therefore, they should have a say as to who will have that kind of power over them.

Corporations pour gobs of money into our totally corrupt system out of the same self-interest which moves you or I to donate to a campaign. Because if they don't, they will get run into the ground and destroyed.

I have always wanted an amendment to the COTUS to where the tax payers fund all viable campaigns equally.

Normally i would agree with that assessment but they put up a borderline retard and the GP put up a crazy bitch that defaces private property.
They had a fucking firecracker running too... Oh well. He is running for Senate this year. I hope he wins.
I am the bomb shit mother fucker

I was disappointed with the pick of Johnson, though I understand why they choose him. They were hoping name recognition would help him.

Wont argue with that
Dude is a burnout though Lol

Where is the "I don't know" poll option? For those of us who don't presume to express predictions about things of which we know little or with which we have little to no involvement, it needs to be there.

Whether 2018 becomes the "Year of the LIbertarian Party" depends on the leaders of that party and what they do to avail themselves of the opportunity to expand the standing of the Libertarian party.

As an independent, I'm quite content to belong to no party. It suits me just fine that my vote, my time and money, thus my approbation for any given candidate or policy must be earned on merit rather than viewed as something of a foregone conclusion. Consequently, regardless of what gains Libertarian party leaders achieve, I won't join that party.

You all have heard me go on and on and on about tax expenditures.

This is probably the most deeply libertarian part of me.

And I have frequently pointed out that if we banned tax expenditures, it would have the effect of instant campaign finance reform that actually works.

You see, if a politician loses the power to put tax breaks for special interests in the tax code, then those special interests have just lost the reason for bribing the politician to do so.

Instead of trying to force special interests to stop donating, take away the incentive! When you try to force them to stop donating, they always find a workaround. But if you take away the incentive, take away the power they are trying to buy, then the money just dries up all by itself.

THAT is how you reform money in politics.

THAT is how you cure the disease.

A huge percentage of money in politics is spent buying tax deductions, exemptions, and credits.

"Carve outs". "Tax breaks". Whatever you want to call it, special interests get a massive return on their investment when they bribe politicians for those gifts.

A HUGE return.

And we all pay a higher tax rate to pay for those gifts. Plus, we borrow metric tons of cash from places like China.

I have always wanted an amendment to the COTUS to where the tax payers fund all viable campaigns equally.
I don't want to fund Bernie Sanders' campaign. Or Trump's. Or Clinton's. Fuck off.

I don't want to fund Bernie Sanders' campaign. Or Trump's. Or Clinton's. Fuck off.
I said VIABLE :badgrin:

And in your system, who gets to decide which candidates are viable?

Answer: The government.

No.

Fucking.

Way.

And in your system, who gets to decide which candidates are viable?

Answer: The government.

No.

Fucking.

Way.
God no. I havent developed the whole system yet (lol) but i always just leaned on the voters. Like a primary or something.
To be honest, the "government" already kinda does it anyways dont they? The one the party backs is usually the one the party gets. And those shitty parties are the govt, per se
IDK man, i just feel like something should change. We could come up with a better system

There needs to be a major movement to convince Americans that they have more than a choice of the democrats or the republicans. I don’t see that happening.
There are always candidates running as Independents somewhere. If people weren't so brainwashed into thinking that voting for them is a "wasted" vote, they could do okay. One of our senators is an Independent; of course, 40% of our voters are, too.

God no. I havent developed the whole system yet (lol) but i always just leaned on the voters. Like a primary or something.
To be honest, the "government" already kinda does it anyways dont they? The one the party backs is usually the one the party gets. And those shitty parties are the govt, per se
IDK man, i just feel like something should change. We could come up with a better system
If anyone has a good idea on this, I am all ears. When the size of the pocketbook dictates the outcome, it's hard to meet the needs of the average citizen. At the same time, trading one shitty method for another shitty method will, at best, result in the same shit.

There are always candidates running as Independents somewhere. If people weren't so brainwashed into thinking that voting for them is a "wasted" vote, they could do okay. One of our senators is an Independent; of course, 40% of our voters are, too.
I am reminded of "The Matrix" where the computer had to give the people the illusion of a choice. I firmly believe that the two parties are, in fact, a UniParty dedicated to ass fucking the rest of us and maintaining power.

There needs to be a major movement to convince Americans that they have more than a choice of the democrats or the republicans. I don’t see that happening.
Thats what gets me! They just regurgitate duopoly talking points.
If every person that said that, voted for someone else, our elections could make a MAJOR shift.

Not likely, the LP is good for many things but it's too disorganized, underfunded and unfocused to make a real dent in the Crime Family Duopoly.

It's difficult for an ideology that stands on the principle of not telling others how to live their lives to "win" politically which explains why we libertarians don't have any political power and probably never will. ;)
I wonder if part of the problem is that, if left to their own devices, people deciding how to live their lives would be a total fucking mess.

Thats what gets me! They just regurgitate duopoly talking points.
If every person that said that, voted for someone else, our elections could make a MAJOR shift.
It needs to be a political rebellion where everyone agrees to vote against the UniParty. Trump's win is evidence that people will rebel, but he chose to run on the "R" ticket and is, therefore, beholden to those assholes to some extent.

Not likely, the LP is good for many things but it's too disorganized, underfunded and unfocused to make a real dent in the Crime Family Duopoly.

It's difficult for an ideology that stands on the principle of not telling others how to live their lives to "win" politically which explains why we libertarians don't have any political power and probably never will. ;)
I wonder if part of the problem is that, if left to their own devices, people deciding how to live their lives would be a total fucking mess.
Now it might because people are used to having their asses wiped for them. Our country used to cherish individual liberty. Obviously it still had problems (like slaves and shit) but the countrymen were A LOT more responsible.

Forum List

Back