Is this the year of the Libertarian Party?

Is 2018 the year of the Libertarian Party?

• Yes, because the DNC has provided little of an option for independents.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, because the GOP has provided little to retain the independent vote.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
No... What the fuck was that Johnson embarrassment?

Maybe if they had more members like Trump - who actually like to win.
Trump is the polar opposite to Libertarianism. Pro-tariff, pro-subsidy, anti-free trade, religion limiting individual liberties, etc.

And yet, Trump has promoted more liberty than all the libertarians combined.

Here is how many regulations the libertarians repealed, and how much taxes they managed to cut:
-

The list for Trump is so long that it just wouldn't fit here so, I won't be posting it.

However, the LP is horribly unrealistic and completely ignorant of human nature. If I was to choose one word to describe them, it would be "naive".
Same question, what about the LP platform do you dislike?

Paul Ryan, Rand Paul, and Ayn Rand walk into a bar.

They all die because there's no regulations and the bartender served them tainted drinks.

The end.

And yet, Trump has promoted more liberty than all the libertarians combined.
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

g5000's expression when exposed to facts.

Can't take them... you are behaving more and more like a commie by the day.
Ipse dixit.

I just told you the facts. Nothing unproven about them.

Next, Trump is going to BUILD A WALL. The greatest thing that has happened to liberty in hundreds of years. It will stop the authoritarian third world savages from voting in more control freaks, who can not run their own lives, but yet want to run yours.

If libertarians acted like this, they might have a chance.

We support repeal of laws that impede the ability of any person to find employment, such as minimum wage laws, so-called "protective" labor legislation for women and children, & governmental restrictions on the establishment of private day-care centers. We deplore government-fostered forced retirement, which robs the elderly of the right to work. We oppose all government welfare, relief projects, and "aid to the poor" programs.

Libertarian Party on Jobs

We should replace harmful government agencies like the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) with more agile, free-market alternatives.

Healthcare - Libertarian Party

If the US were to pursue a policy of defending its own borders while avoiding foreign intervention, we could realistically reduce our defense budget to as little as $125 billion over the next five years.

Libertarian Party on Defense

How do you feel about legalizing crack cocaine?

We favor the repeal of all laws creating "crimes" without victims, such as the use of drugs for medicinal or recreational purposes.

Platform | Libertarian Party

Eliminate all federal environmental regulations:

Pollution of other people's property is a violation of individual rights. Strict liability, not arbitrary government standards, should regulate pollution. We demand the abolition of the Environmental Protection Agency.

Libertarian Party on Environment

They would end all workplace safety regulations:

We call for the repeal of the Occupational Safety and Health Act. This law denies the right to liberty and property to both employer and employee, and it interferes in their private contractual relations.

National Platform of the Libertarian Party

More fun stuff:

We oppose all so-called "consumer protection" legislation which infringes upon voluntary trade, and call for the abolition of the Consumer Product Safety Commission.

1972 Libertarian Party Platform - LPedia

We advocate the abolition of the Federal Aviation Administration, which has jeopardized safety by arrogating to itself a monopoly of safety regulation and enforcement. We call for privatizing the air traffic control system and transferring the FAA's other functions to private agencies.

1992 National Platform of the Libertarian Party - Critiques Of Libertarianism

We advocate the abolition of the Food and Drug Administration and particularly its policies of mandating specific nutritional requirements and denying the right of manufacturers to make non-fraudulent claims concerning their products.

1992 National Platform of the Libertarian Party - Critiques Of Libertarianism

Paul Ryan, Rand Paul, and Ayn Rand walk into a bar.

They all die because there's no regulations and the bartender served them tainted drinks.

The end.
Not "the end".

You think a bar wants to serve tainted drinks? How long do you think a bar will last if it serves tainted drinks? Shouldn't we also be looking into the manufacturer of the spirits that are tainted? Why would they want to have tainted drinks getting out?

This is such a crock of bullshit.

The phoniness.
Care to elaborate?
:lmao:

See my first post on this thread:

Libertarians are like house cats; completely convinced of their own independence, yet wholly dependent on others to survive. That's what I mean about "phoniness"...most "Libertarians" are just Conservatives too embarrassed to admit it because of all the stupid, terrible shit Conservatives have done.

Do you religiously vote Democrat? Sounds like it.

I have never once in my lifetime ever voted for a Republican and I never will because Republicans are bigots who want to hasten the end times where people like me will be forcibly converted or killed.

So fuck Republicans and Conservatives. Fuck their apologists. Fuck the poseurs who feign "libertarianism". Fuck the Russian trolls.

Trump has deregulated quite a bit. Still, he is no libertarian.

As far as I know Donald Trump never claimed to be a libertarian either, in fact I suspect he'd be hard pressed to give a coherent definition of libertarianism if asked.

He's done a few things as POTUS that libertarians might agree with (deregulation (not nearly enough yet), tax reduction (not nearly enough yet)) but he's also done and said a lot of things that run counter to the non-aggression principle.

Forum List

Back