• yes

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • no

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jamesduncan

Sep 6, 2017
When you get our invoice at a restraint and you add a little tip which you think is going to the waitress's in Texas your are wrong. The tip is taxed and as small as the tip may have been he or she will get even less.

TIPS SHOULD NOT BE TAXED !!!
Please vote below----

When you get our invoice at a restraint and you add a little tip which you think is going to the waitress's in Texas your are wrong. The tip is taxed and as small as the tip may have been he or she will get even less.

Please vote below----

I voted no since no wages should ever be taxed. If any are, then taxes should be taxed as income, just like any and all income is.

• Banned
I voted no since no wages should ever be taxed. If any are, then taxes should be taxed as income, just like any and all income is.

A tip is not a wage. It is a gift and as a gift it should NOT be taxed.

Thanks for voting no, tips should not be taxed

Please vote below----
Don't worry--they only claim tips to bring them up to minimum wage. The rest they just put in their pocket. At least, that's how I always did it.

Please vote below----

I voted No they should not be taxed.

upload_2017-12-14_20-26-53.png

• Banned

No, tips are not gifts. Tips are often added to the bill. In addition, tips are a part of the employment, thus income.

If you claim they are not, then commissions should not be taxed as well.

If a tip is simply gift, then waiters/waitresses should not be expecting it. Maybe a tip is a gift in theory, but in practicality I am paying for a service rendered unto me.

TIP is To Insure Promptness. They are supposed to be reported on a 1040 form as income. Not wages.

Most of the time I put the cash for a tip on the table so that the waitress/waiter can take it under the table if she/he so chooses.

Of course tips mean different things to different professions. Where I live it cost 15 to 20 bucks to get a haircut. Although barbers sometimes get tips, that is something I and most people I know rarely do.

TIP is To Insure Promptness. They are supposed to be reported on a 1040 form as income. Not wages.
Sometimes a big tipper will give the tip before the service to really ensure promptness.

Please vote below----

Tips are income. Why would they not get taxed like any other income? We have servers and bartenders on the Strip here in Las Vegas who bring in six figures a year, mostly due to tips. Are you saying they shouldn't get taxed?

Yes tips are income and required to be reported, if they do not get reported that is not my concern. The wife and I go to dinner, dinner and a couple drinks each runs about $100, server get $15-$25 dollar tip depending on service. Server has 3-5 tables doing the same, each couple there about 1.5 through 2 hours, that can be decent money just not steady money.

If some restaurants automatically add a gratuity to the bill then of course it should be tax as a wage, in fact the gratuity should be regarded as part of the restaurant's gross profit and be taxed as such

New Topics

Forum List

Back