Is There NEVER a Time to Hit a Woman? NEVER?

I would hope that I would have left a person long before it escalated into a situation like that. Geesh! :ack-1: Thankfully nobody has ever tried to kill me before is all I can say.

And leave your child in a psychopath's custody?

Did you not know this person was a psychopath before you impregnated her?
Postpartum depression/psychosis ....she needed help...just like Andrea Yates... it happened right after the baby, she was normal before the baby he said....so that's my guess....

That is totally messed up stuff.

I would hope that I would have left a person long before it escalated into a situation like that. Geesh! :ack-1: Thankfully nobody has ever tried to kill me before is all I can say.

He had a child, Chris. He was not going to leave his child! Get it?

Postpartum depression/psychosis ....she needed help...just like Andrea Yates... it happened right after the baby, she was normal before the baby he said....so that's my guess....

Aaah..no shit,I forgot about the postpartum. It wasnt the deal in my case she was just angry as hell about her last husband and didnt know how to handle conflict.

That is totally messed up stuff.
yep, it is....

and it's real....
(which is hard to believe)

but it is real, for some.

I did not know the woman at that time but I did meet her years later. She was not the same person that she used to be (I assume). She is a very tall stout woman who by stature could clobber another person with no sweat. I do not doubt her viciousness, some people can just snap like that. Even now, years later I can't touch Blue to wake him up or jumps and can come up swinging. I think after one has a harrowing experience of that nature it changes who you are. It is a trauma and those things are always with you

I'm lucky I

If I thought a person was going to kill me, I think I would take my kid and leave them immediately and worry about the consequences later, OR I would call the police and tell them that this person was threatening me. I don't think I would have slept in the home with that person who wanted to kill me.

You do not know what she was. Some people can act perfectly normal and then at some point the demons in them manifest and they are anything but normal! If she was a sociopath there would be no medication for her. The answer would be getting away from the person completely and he did - when he was able to take his daughter with him. I think he handled himself very well considering what he was up against.

As I said, she only freaked out when we got to Pittsburgh. She was a young girl who had never been out of Lewiston, Idaho where we grew up. That's a town of maybe 24,000 back then. She was from a poor family. The furthest she had ever gone was Spokane, Washington about two hours away. Spokane was her idea of a big city. Now take that girl who had just given birth at 19 years old and drag her 2,000 miles across the country and put her in fucking Pittsburgh and make her a mother and a wife. You want to talk about culture shock? No wonder she flipped out.

I'm lucky I

If I thought a person was going to kill me, I think I would take my kid and leave them immediately and worry about the consequences later, OR I would call the police and tell them that this person was threatening me. I don't think I would have slept in the home with that person who wanted to kill me.

21 years ago if you were the man you'd be charged with kidnapping and they would put you in prison and hand the child over to the mentally unfit mother. Then where would you be? You're not as wise as you think you are, Chris.

He did the right thing - he bided his time - he knew what he was up against - he waited until he could get a witness and was able to get custody of his child. 21 yrs ago it was not easy for a man to get custody of the child.

I'm lucky I

21 years ago if you were the man you'd be charged with kidnapping and they would put you in prison and hand the child over to the mentally unfit mother. Then where would you be? You're not as wise as you think you are, Chris.

He did the right thing - he bided his time - he knew what he was up against - he waited until he could get a witness and was able to get custody of his child. 21 yrs ago it was not easy for a man to get custody of the child.

Hey, I'm entitled to my own opinions on subjects!! If it was me, I would have done things differently, I'm sure! K?

As I said, she only freaked out when we got to Pittsburgh. She was a young girl who had never been out of Lewiston, Idaho where we grew up. That's a town of maybe 24,000 back then. She was from a poor family. The furthest she had ever gone was Spokane, Washington about two hours away. Spokane was her idea of a big city. Now take that girl who had just given birth at 19 years old and drag her 2,000 miles across the country and put her in fucking Pittsburgh and make her a mother and a wife. You want to talk about culture shock? No wonder she flipped out.

What? I was a 16-year-old mother. Give me a fucking break. :rolleyes-41:

I'm lucky I

That is a luxury women had in 1993 that men didn't have Chris.

I'm lucky I

Hey, I'm entitled to my own opinions on subjects!! If it was me, I would have done things differently, I'm sure! K?
Everyone else is always wrong aren't they?

I'm lucky I

Everyone else is always wrong aren't they?

Especially you. :D

I'm lucky I

And you most likely wouldn't have your child either. He gained custody of his child. He won. He went through hell so to speak - but he saved his child and he was able to raise her. To God be the glory.

To be willing to admit when you are wrong? Is not a sign of weakness, Chris.

Goodnight.

I'm lucky I

And you most likely wouldn't have your child either. He gained custody of his child. He won. He went through hell so to speak - but he saved his child and he was able to raise her. To God be the glory.

Goodnight.

What are you going on about? He says that she had beaten him black and blue before this particular incident. He was one of those people hoping he could change crazy. I know better. :D

And when you were a 16 year old mother did you get taken from your home and put from one culture tootally different culture? There's a bit of a difference in culture between west-coast, small town Lewiston, Idaho and east-coast big city Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Were you taken from all your friends and family? Were you dragged from a town of 24,000 into a city of 2 million with a totally different attitude and no one to help you manage the transition?

I don't blame her for freaking out. I don't blame her at all. I completely understand. But my understanding didn't solve the problem or eliminate the threat.

And when you were a 16 year old mother did you get taken from your home and put from one culture tootally different culture? There's a bit of a difference in culture between west-coast, small town Lewiston, Idaho and east-coast big city Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Were you taken from all your friends and family? Were you dragged from a town of 24,000 into a city of 2 million with a totally different attitude and no one to help you manage the transition?

I don't blame her for freaking out. I don't blame her at all. I completely understand. But my understanding didn't solve the problem or eliminate the threat.

I can say for sure that I wouldn't want to KILL anyone. Good grief!

I'm lucky I

Goodnight.

What are you going on about? He says that she had beaten him black and blue before this particular incident. He was one of those people hoping he could change crazy. I know better. :D

You always seem to think so

Forum List

Back