New Atypical Antipsychotic drug designs.

Antimatter

Sep 25, 2015
When it comes to Atypical antipsychotics the best one is clozapine. The only downside is that it can cause a drop in the white blood cell count. There is a way to stop this though. I figured if you were to add a ketone such as 10,11-dihydro-10-oxo- to the carbon - carbon double bond of Clozapines dibenzodiazpine ring on Clozapines chemical structure it would have no effect on the white blood cell count. Of course this is all a hypothesis. I've also gone into more complex designs basing it on Clozapine. Trying to design it so it would be free from side effects. One in which I desided to remove the 8-chloro- along with the ketone. The chemical name is 11-(4-Methylpiperazine-1-yl)-5H-dibenzo[b,f][1,4]thiazepine-5-carboxamide. It has the same piperazine structure as Clozapine. It has the main part of the chemical structure that's identical Seroquel and has the added link to the carbon-carbon double bond which adds on the link which gives part of the structure the look of Carbamazepine. One of the reasons I thought of changing the structure from two of my original designs, one with a simple azepine, the other with [1,4]diazepine and instead went with a [1,4]thiazepine was because I speculated that changing this part would decrease any chance the drug causing side effects that are seen clozapine or carbamazepine. Of course this all hypothetical work so I dought it will ever be put into production.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back