Is there anyone left who thinks marijuana should be illegal?

I think maijuana is a natural plant placed on this earth by God for many reasons.. just like other herbs, for our benefit. I don't have a problem in legalizing marijuana.. it's the other drugs the Anarchists want legalized I take issue with.

Well That's the million dollar question. It it a weed or a herb?
It it's a weed it's part of the curse from Adam and Eve.

Hemp/Cannabis. Not a weed. Been used for centuries by mankind.

It was unconsitutional for the Federal goverment to outlaw the growing of hemp in 1937. The war on American who use the flowers of the Hemp/Cannabis plants is also unconstitutional. The lies in the propaganda they used then are still prevelent today.
Absolutely.....ALL o' the propaganda....especially when you consider....the original Prohibition, against Pot, was merely a way for Whites to jerk-around Mexicans.

Last edited by a moderator:
More individual freedom is always more beneficial to society than the police/nanny state.

You can have that freedom.... when you can guarantee me that I won't be picking up the tab for it. Until then, forget it.

You are picking up the tab for it, hence me bringing up the hundreds of billions if not trillions that's been spent of our money to keep it illegal.

Wouldn't we rather have our resources used on stuff a little more important?
The folks, who KNOW something about it, surely do think so!!

Yes many still think pot should be illegal.

I lean more towards it being legal as booze is.

But I do not think legalizing it would benefit our society.

Perhaps... but legalizing pot like alcohol sure would put a dent in the drug wars raging along the Rio Grand and points west.

:eusa_think: Might even create a few jobs along the way for industrious gardeners.​

Dreams of a free market are worthy.

You can have that freedom.... when you can guarantee me that I won't be picking up the tab for it. Until then, forget it.

You're already picking up the tab to enforce the draconian laws as well as paying for the propaganda to wage a so called war against your fellow citizens.

I don't care. I care that there is a vast amount of research linking MJ to mental illness....
Only a Bubblehead would believe such horseshit....

(Watch out for the big words...)​

Last edited:
Personally, I see no reasonable use for ANYTHING like Marijauna on the market. Hemp is a totally different topic. I don't use marijuana, never have, and never will. Heck, I got a college roommate expelled for having it in our dorm room. I see NO positive value to its use, whatsoever.
Don't knock it, if you haven't tried it.

I think it's still considered actual-experience; the bane o' "conservatives", nationwide.​

Yes many still think pot should be illegal.

I lean more towards it being legal as booze is.

But I do not think legalizing it would benefit our society.

i always appreciate your input, USCitizen, but in this case I must disagree

pot is LESS dangerous than alcohol, football, mountain climbing, boxing, kickboxing, tobacco.....

MILLIONS of good and decent HARD WORKING Americans smoke pot
people in their 20's , 30's, 40's, 50's 60's....and up...

many of them go to college
get degrees
have careers
own businesses

they get married, have kids, raise families, send their kids to college

white collar Americans, blue collar Americans

MILLIONS of hard working Americans who enjoy smoking pot for relaxation

MOST of whom are not going out and getting into any trouble....

I know guys who smoke pot and;
make music (musicians)
love to make love to their spouses
get creative; music, art, woodworking, pottery
get energetic; play games, basketball, baseball, flag football, frisbee

some of the greatest music ever written was created by guys smoking pot (the beatles, for one)

pot should be legalized, regulated and taxed

the war on pot is an abomination

America waging war on its own citizens simply because of pot is barbaric

Until a test is developed that allows employers to determine whether or not their employees are "high", similar to breathalyzers and blood tests utilized for alcohol testing today, then yes, in my opinion, it should remain outlawed.

Who cares?

I used to go high a couple times to work when I used to smoke with my co-workers and never had a complaint. Put some eye drops and act "normal" and you're good.

It actually made my job a lot more enjoyable and if I ever had to work extra I didn't mind doing some extra work.

But hey that's just me.

And thank God, that's "just you". I dono't necessarily want people in our food chain, weapons handling, nuclear rectors, etc simply "acting normal"....
Your reasoning suggests there should be tests available to detect episodes of enraged insanity or the use of X (Ecstasy), Quaalude, Amphetamine, Khat, Spice and on and on. But there are no such tests, so what's the point of testing for marijuana if there are no tests for things which have far worse potential?

Also, while I agree that drug-testing is needed in such occupations as you've outlined do you really think there is need to test in all occupations. And do you know that police officers are not tested? Do you think they should be.

How about the Congress? Do you think they should be tested?

Just curious.

Do you think hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars should be spent on keeping this drug illegal?

Seems most people I talk to of any political leaning seem to think this is a stupid concept, and I would agree.

Disclaimer= I've never smoked pot in my life, so no silly pothead assumptions please.

Yes... I am one who still supports it and other drugs being illegal... and my mind will not change on that

oh the irony of your support for the constitution while wanting to criminalize pot

golly
I'm shocked

yet another freedom hating nanny state loving conservative hypocrite

Lots of things are wrong and illegal that are not particularly part of the constitution... and that is all well and good.... you DEMs don't seem to mind on most of those though... I don't see you calling for it being against the constitution when you have pollution laws, now do you???

But yes, there's still people who support the herbal arm of the DEA. I'm not one of them.

Most employers have a no-tolerance policy when it comes to drugs anyways. So if they suspect something's up, they can send you into a lab for testing. Even if/when weed is legalized, I feel okay upholding the ability of employers to continue this policy.

so you think it proper for employers to be able to dictate to employes what they do with their unapid time?
fire you for eating irresponsibly off the clock and getting fat?
Fire you for using tobacco off the clock?
fire you for drinking off the clock?
Fire you for indulging in unapproved sexual practices off the clock?

I fully support an employers right to a sober and undrugged employee. ON the clock.

I've got a friend who works on-call for a railroad company and he's told me that he's not allowed to consume alcohol off the clock, even though he's over 21.

Ultimately I don't think most business will be testing their employees left and right because it would cost a lot money. But it would be a compromise I'm initially willing to make in order to get weed off the black market.

Eventually science will figure out a way to get THC testing on par with breathalyser accuracy.

Yes and that is what we need a quick and accurate way to determine intoxication level from pot, not just it's presence.
Then we can consider legalizing it.

And as far as your friend is concerned I would expect them to pay me for being on call.
If they are paying me even if not at work then they have some say, but if they only pay me for 40 hours the rest of the time is mine.

Who cares?

I used to go high a couple times to work when I used to smoke with my co-workers and never had a complaint. Put some eye drops and act "normal" and you're good.

It actually made my job a lot more enjoyable and if I ever had to work extra I didn't mind doing some extra work.

But hey that's just me.

And thank God, that's "just you". I dono't necessarily want people in our food chain, weapons handling, nuclear rectors, etc simply "acting normal"....
Your reasoning suggests there should be tests available to detect episodes of enraged insanity or the use of X (Ecstasy), Quaalude, Amphetamine, Khat, Spice and on and on. But there are no such tests, so what's the point of testing for marijuana if there are no tests for things which have far worse potential?

Also, while I agree that drug-testing is needed in such occupations as you've outlined do you really think there is need to test in all occupations. And do you know that police officers are not tested? Do you think they should be.

all police and court personell should be regularially tested and so should all government employees in congress and such.
NO one should be above the law.
What is good for one is good for all.

You're already picking up the tab to enforce the draconian laws as well as paying for the propaganda to wage a so called war against your fellow citizens.

I don't care. I care that there is a vast amount of research linking MJ to mental illness, and, by the evidence on this board... it also causes terminal stupidity. I do not want my medical costs to go up because a bunch of morons aren't capable of getting through life without 'self medicating'. You want to do pot, fine, have at it. Just guarantee you won't be a burden on me. Pay for your own mental problems.

first off.....you lie...

there is NOT a VAST AMOUNT of research linking pot with mental illness

I have seen SOME LIMITED and QUESTIONABLE research making these links but I don't actually believe them

you appear to CHOOSE to believe them because of your biases and agenda

I know MANY people in their 40's, 50's, 60's who have been smoking pot since they were teenagers...

NONE of them exhibit any mental illness whatsoever

I'm almost sixty and have been smoking it (less now than 10 years ago ) since I was 18 and have developed NO mental illnesses whatsoever
Summer of '68, here!!!!!!!!

MARIJUANA-thumb-525x362-6132.jpg

:woohoo:

Isn't it a drag.....how many younger-people, there are, that're OLD-FARTS, already??!!!!

532.gif

Last edited:
But yes, there's still people who support the herbal arm of the DEA. I'm not one of them.

Most employers have a no-tolerance policy when it comes to drugs anyways. So if they suspect something's up, they can send you into a lab for testing. Even if/when weed is legalized, I feel okay upholding the ability of employers to continue this policy.

I agree ppl under the influence of any mind-altering substance should be held to strict standards. They put a business at risk by being loaded. If they don't care about their own increased errors or injuries due to short-term memory loss, they should be held responsible for contributing to an increased risk to others.

Just curious.

Do you think hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars should be spent on keeping this drug illegal?

Seems most people I talk to of any political leaning seem to think this is a stupid concept, and I would agree.

Disclaimer= I've never smoked pot in my life, so no silly pothead assumptions please.

Yes... I am one who still supports it and other drugs being illegal... and my mind will not change on that
Whew!!!

Misery loves company, and all that, huh??

:eusa_hand:

I don't care. I care that there is a vast amount of research linking MJ to mental illness, and, by the evidence on this board... it also causes terminal stupidity. I do not want my medical costs to go up because a bunch of morons aren't capable of getting through life without 'self medicating'. You want to do pot, fine, have at it. Just guarantee you won't be a burden on me. Pay for your own mental problems.

first off.....you lie...

I have seen SOME LIMITED and QUESTIONABLE research making these links but I don't actually believe them

I know MANY people in their 40's, 50's, 60's who have been smoking pot since they were teenagers...

I'm almost sixty and have been smoking it (less now than 10 years ago ) since I was 18 and have developed NO mental illnesses whatsoever

as for medical costs going up (I agree with you)
our medical costs go up because irresponsible conservatives smoke tobacco, refuse to diet, eat fatty foods, drink alcohol...

I wish I had all THAT money back

but if I were to suggest criminalizing alcohol or tobacco or fatty foods YOU would be amongst the first to shout "liberal freedom hating nanny state lover taking away our RIGHTS and FREEDOMS!"

I agree that noboy should have to pay for the medical bills of irresponsible people who smoke tobacco or pot or drink alcohol or eat fatty foods....

but in a FREE country people should have the right to pick their own poisons and NOT BE TOLD by nanny state conservatives who HATE FREEDOM what they can or can't do with their own bodies

you can keep eating at mcdonalds and smoking your tobacco...

let the pot smokers have THEIR freedom, too

No, I do not lie. You are just an hysterical moron. There is vast amounts of research which clearly demonstrates the link between MJ and mental illness.
.....But, you keep forgetting to post that proof, right???

Wankin.gif

Yes, and Yes!
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh.....so job-performance is less-important, to you, than someone's personal-preferences, huh?​

Shaman you've seen my other posts in this thread, I think I've stated rather clearly I think it should be legalized.

If I'm a boss and I have someone not doing their job to my expectations and it's because they're stoned yes I'll fire them. Doesn't mean I don't want it legalized.
It also doesn't mean they're stoned. That can't BE proven.

I'm just not a big fan of selectively-punishing people, for similar-behavior.​

first off.....you lie...

as for medical costs going up (I agree with you)
our medical costs go up because irresponsible conservatives smoke tobacco, refuse to diet, eat fatty foods, drink alcohol...

I wish I had all THAT money back

but if I were to suggest criminalizing alcohol or tobacco or fatty foods YOU would be amongst the first to shout "liberal freedom hating nanny state lover taking away our RIGHTS and FREEDOMS!"

I agree that noboy should have to pay for the medical bills of irresponsible people who smoke tobacco or pot or drink alcohol or eat fatty foods....

but in a FREE country people should have the right to pick their own poisons and NOT BE TOLD by nanny state conservatives who HATE FREEDOM what they can or can't do with their own bodies

you can keep eating at mcdonalds and smoking your tobacco...

let the pot smokers have THEIR freedom, too

No, I do not lie. You are just an hysterical moron. There is vast amounts of research which clearly demonstrates the link between MJ and mental illness. Every single country in Europe accepts the results.... because the research is properly funded (by medical research councils) and shows results from longitudinal study results confirming the link. It's there. It's like cigarettes and lung cancer - you can deny it from now till doomsday, it will not change the facts.

the fact that you call me a "hysterical moron" is just what I would expect from a hysterical conservative moron.

I have tried to be polite to you over the years but apparently your insane anger and self-righteous dictatorial behavior is something that you just can't overcome.
She sounds (to me) like somebody's little Bubbleheaded Princess.

image630843x.jpg

so you think it proper for employers to be able to dictate to employes what they do with their unapid time?
fire you for eating irresponsibly off the clock and getting fat?
Fire you for using tobacco off the clock?
fire you for drinking off the clock?
Fire you for indulging in unapproved sexual practices off the clock?

I fully support an employers right to a sober and undrugged employee. ON the clock.

I've got a friend who works on-call for a railroad company and he's told me that he's not allowed to consume alcohol off the clock, even though he's over 21.

Ultimately I don't think most business will be testing their employees left and right because it would cost a lot money. But it would be a compromise I'm initially willing to make in order to get weed off the black market.

Eventually science will figure out a way to get THC testing on par with breathalyser accuracy.

Yes and that is what we need a quick and accurate way to determine intoxication level from pot, not just it's presence.
Then we can consider legalizing it.

And as far as your friend is concerned I would expect them to pay me for being on call.
If they are paying me even if not at work then they have some say, but if they only pay me for 40 hours the rest of the time is mine.

You guys realize your discussing degrees of freedom, right?

Get off the fence already. Either you want Big Brother in everyone's wallet and in our bedrooms or not.

"Sort of" free sucks worse than oppression.

all police and court personell should be regularially tested and so should all government employees in congress and such.
NO one should be above the law.
What is good for one is good for all.

And then came Al Capone and Pretty Boy Floyd.

Did we learn NOTHING from "Footloose"?

If that's going to be your attitude, we better never hear about you drinking milk shakes, eating red meat, mountain climbing, sky diving, lifting with your back instead of your knees or any of the other risky or stupid behaviors that may cause you to have a medical bill we'll have to pay for.

Whether you are insured with Tri-Care, Humana, Blue Cross or ObamaCare, it's all about spreading the financial risk so you don't have to live your life in a plastic bubble holding momma's hand.

Forum List

Back