Is There An Honest Man In The House?

I have known men where becoming emotionally attached was a turn OFF.
They needed to think of women as objects to get excited

Really this thread is not about boobs and butts (or, was not supposed to be!)

What man on this thread likes being "in love"
Is it better than being horny?

I like being in love! I love being in love!

And yes, it is far better than being horny.

I like being horny for the person I am in love with.

Yeah well, I think that would ultimately be the best case!

The question is, now, can be romantically in love with someone and NOT be horny for them?

I can't.

okay so, I have no adjective to really describe it, so, I'm just going to explain how it seems from MY perspective.

I view sex as "love making" - not that it can't be animalistic, BUT, I have to have a feeling in me that there is POTENTIAL for that person to really fall hard head over heels in love with me. (Selfish, I know, but, it is what it is)..... if there is ZERO potential for that, the sex (for me) is not as good. I have not been a person to enjoy sex purely for the physical satisfaction and recreation of it. Being "one of many" is a turn off for me (again, a self centered and selfish). BUT, at 52 I doubt that will change!

Make sense?

Makes sense for me.

I like being horny for the person I am in love with.

Yeah well, I think that would ultimately be the best case!

The question is, now, can be romantically in love with someone and NOT be horny for them?

For me? No.

I'm too emotionally weak to fall in love - I also hate seeing it die.
Because, like in your case, I guess you fall in love with other women, you just know you can't be married to or committed to them. My mind just can't process that! It seems so sad! I must have watched 1 too many romantic movies!!! :)

okay so, I have no adjective to really describe it, so, I'm just going to explain how it seems from MY perspective.

I view sex as "love making" - not that it can't be animalistic, BUT, I have to have a feeling in me that there is POTENTIAL for that person to really fall hard head over heels in love with me. (Selfish, I know, but, it is what it is)..... if there is ZERO potential for that, the sex (for me) is not as good. I have not been a person to enjoy sex purely for the physical satisfaction and recreation of it. Being "one of many" is a turn off for me (again, a self centered and selfish). BUT, at 52 I doubt that will change!

Make sense?

Makes sense for me.

I want to be so in love with someone that, I don't want to be with anyone else.
Maybe it's not possible, but I'd rather have nothing.... (I mean, if I had to start over again and were single...)

Because, like in your case, I guess you fall in love with other women, you just know you can't be married to or committed to them. My mind just can't process that! It seems so sad! I must have watched 1 too many romantic movies!!! :)

Not all romantic relationships end up in forever marriages. In fact, most don't. That does not mean the emotional bond was bad or fake.

I can love my girlfriend as much as anyone loves anyone. And I can still love another woman. Not as deeply, but I can still love her. If she thinks she is falling too hard, we deal with it before it gets out of hand.

Make sense?

Makes sense for me.

Maybe it's not possible, but I'd rather have nothing.... (I mean, if I had to start over again and were single...)

I am sure it is possible. Whether it will last a lifetime is the question.

Not all romantic relationships end up in forever marriages. In fact, most don't. That does not mean the emotional bond was bad or fake.

I can love my girlfriend as much as anyone loves anyone. And I can still love another woman. Not as deeply, but I can still love her. If she thinks she is falling too hard, we deal with it before it gets out of hand.

Have you ever loved a women you felt more love and a stronger connection with than your wife?

Make sense?

Makes sense for me.

well if you have unrealistic expectations, nothing will ever completely satisfy.....

Make sense?

Makes sense for me.

Have you ever tried Ecstasy?

So over time, before I met my wife to be I had a decent amount of sexual encounters- and most- most were anywhere from good to fantastic- only very, very few were ones I regretted. But I did find that I preferred to have sex with emotional content- and tended to get emotionally involved with women I had sex with.

I certainly would prefer always to be in love- and love having sex with whom I am with.

But I would prefer to have sex with a woman I care for- but am not in love with- than not having any sex at all.

And if I had no one who I cared for- who wanted to have sex with me- I would probably still enjoy sex- just not as much.

is it a turn off to have sex with a woman if she cries?
I mean, is crying a turn off sexually?

Have you ever loved a women you felt more love and a stronger connection with than your wife?

My first wife? No, not while we were married. Second wife? Let's just say the marriage lasted longer than the deep love.

Make sense?

Makes sense for me.

well if you have unrealistic expectations, nothing will ever completely satisfy.....

I don't think I have unrealistic expectations.

I would not have sex with a woman if she was crying. I have known two that cried from the cathartic release of the orgasm. But I am guessing that is a different situation than what you are talking about.

Generally yes- unless she is crying from the sheer joy of having sex with me.

But I can only think of one time that ever happened- and it was a woman suddenly feeling guilty about a boyfriend 8,000 miles a way.

Kind of spoiled the moment.

My first wife? No, not while we were married. Second wife? Let's just say the marriage lasted longer than the deep love.

I mean you CURRENT wife? Is that the 2nd one? Or are you on #3?

Make sense?

Makes sense for me.

I don't think I have unrealistic expectations.

I think I do! :)

Forum List

Back