Is there a god?

Taz knows better than to make the arguments he / she is making. But now there is an even better explanation for Bible interpretation. Thanks for the good job.
You guys are living in a fantasy world. None of the big stuff in the bible can be proven to have happened. Like seriously, you think that god poofed man into being? That's a seriously thick slice of nonsense. And that the earth was formed before the sun? It's completely unfounded and goes against all scientific knowledge.
Spoken like a militant atheist on a mission.
Just pointing out that his views are contrary to science. You can't handle that.
Which scientific facts would that be, Taz?
Science doesn't say that an invisible being poofed man into being.

thats why i keep saying,science explains it all with evolution. the world is far too fucked up for there to be a god.

So your god basically can't communicate with anyone except through a book.
Don't be silly. We are constantly receiving feedback from the moral laws; both positive and negative.
Shut up you fool, I'm not talking to you, and you're starting to annoy me. You're wrong and repeating it over and over makes you still wrong. so please, STFU.
You are calling me a fool? I think you're the fool. You lie about being an agnostic and posting under multiple accounts. I'm speaking the truth. We are constantly receiving feedback from God through the moral laws; both positive and negative. That's how God works in our lives. You don't like hearing the truth because the truth hurts before it helps.
Moral laws are subjective, like for Muslims, they do shit that we think is barbaric, but they think it’s normal. And you’re just as big an idiot as they are.
No. Men are subjective. Moral laws are absolute. Moral laws don't care about religion.

Think of them as standards. Standards aren't subjective.
So where are these standards? You have a list? No? Then wtf are you talking about? You don’t know either? That’s what we all thought.

Whirled Wad Wub

It is perfectly clear. Quit pretending it isn't, in order to evade the question. That is a typical Internet act.
I wasn't sure what the "wounded knee pest control" thing was, but I'll keep playing.

dingbat was saying that peace and harmony led to virtuous societies. The ones he named were filled with all kinds of nasty shit. So not peaceful, harmonious or virtuous.
No. ding said, that logic and history show that virtue leads to peace and harmony within individuals and within societies.
But you haven't shown this to be true, your example were far from it.
No. Creation, and everything which has unfolded since creation proves the existence of God. You deny that tangible evidence can be used as evidence, so I know how stupid you are.

Dude no offense but that is the most screwed up logic i have ever heard. Proof of god would be something like oh I dont know a talking snake,or a spirit for the whole world could see as we do with the MOON everyday all over the world.

Till that happens,you got NOTHING. if thats your only evidence,you got no evidence. as i said before,you really need to study evolution,makes far more sense how we got here and the earth,again the world is wayyyyy too fucked up for their to be a higher power.

Can you reference this talking snake?

Whirled Wad Wub

It is perfectly clear. Quit pretending it isn't, in order to evade the question. That is a typical Internet act.
I wasn't sure what the "wounded knee pest control" thing was, but I'll keep playing.

dingbat was saying that peace and harmony led to virtuous societies. The ones he named were filled with all kinds of nasty shit. So not peaceful, harmonious or virtuous.
No. ding said, that logic and history show that virtue leads to peace and harmony within individuals and within societies.
But you haven't shown this to be true, your example were far from it.
No. Creation, and everything which has unfolded since creation proves the existence of God. You deny that tangible evidence can be used as evidence, so I know how stupid you are.

Dude no offense but that is the most screwed up logic i have ever heard. Proof of god would be something like oh I dont know a talking snake,or a spirit for the whole world could see as we do with the MOON everyday all over the world.

Till that happens,you got NOTHING. if thats your only evidence,you got no evidence. as i said before,you really need to study evolution,makes far more sense how we got here and the earth,again the world is wayyyyy too fucked up for their to be a higher power.
Proof of God is existence itself. I believe you have been watching to many movies.

You guys are living in a fantasy world. None of the big stuff in the bible can be proven to have happened. Like seriously, you think that god poofed man into being? That's a seriously thick slice of nonsense. And that the earth was formed before the sun? It's completely unfounded and goes against all scientific knowledge.
Just pointing out that his views are contrary to science. You can't handle that.

thats why i keep saying,science explains it all with evolution. the world is far too fucked up for there to be a god.
Evolution started 14 billion years ago when space an time were created.

Don't be silly. We are constantly receiving feedback from the moral laws; both positive and negative.
Shut up you fool, I'm not talking to you, and you're starting to annoy me. You're wrong and repeating it over and over makes you still wrong. so please, STFU.
You are calling me a fool? I think you're the fool. You lie about being an agnostic and posting under multiple accounts. I'm speaking the truth. We are constantly receiving feedback from God through the moral laws; both positive and negative. That's how God works in our lives. You don't like hearing the truth because the truth hurts before it helps.
Moral laws are subjective, like for Muslims, they do shit that we think is barbaric, but they think it’s normal. And you’re just as big an idiot as they are.
No. Men are subjective. Moral laws are absolute. Moral laws don't care about religion.

So where are these standards? You have a list? No? Then wtf are you talking about? You don’t know either? That’s what we all thought.
The list is as long as human behaviors, Taz. I provided some examples and you laughed at them. I guess you had no other intellectual argument to make.

I'm still waiting on that snake story.

The list is as long as human behaviors, Taz. I provided some examples and you laughed at them. I guess you had no other intellectual argument to make.
You have no examples to give, let's see a list of your moral laws.

God wanted Adam to stay in homo heaven with Him but the snake talked Adam into some nice, warm pussy. God, He mad, and fucked us all up. Well, that's the gyst of it anyways. :biggrin:

I already explained this to you. The list is as long as the list of behaviors and situations. I gave you some examples and you dismissed them. It would be illogical to do it again.

Tell you what, you give me a situation and we can work through that example to identify the highest standard and then you can see how the process works. Fair enough?

God wanted Adam to stay in homo heaven with Him but the snake talked Adam into some nice, warm pussy. God, He mad, and fucked us all up. Well, that's the gyst of it anyways. :biggrin:
This would be a good example of you not adhering to the highest standard of conduct. Do you need for me to explain why? Or do you already know?

I already explained this to you. The list is as long as the list of behaviors and situations. I gave you some examples and you dismissed them. It would be illogical to do it again.

Tell you what, you give me a situation and we can work through that example to identify the highest standard and then you can see how the process works. Fair enough?
So there's no set of standards that can be written down. So how is anyone supposed to follow a set of standards if there's nothing to go by?

This would be a good example of you not adhering to the highest standard of conduct. Do you need for me to explain why? Or do you already know?
Go for it.

So there's no set of standards that can be written down. So how is anyone supposed to follow a set of standards if there's nothing to go by?
That would be what legal positivism is. You want that so you can follow the letter of the law and no more. The moral law goes beyond that.

Go for it.
Because you could have done better.

The existence of God is obvious. Every group of humans from the time there were humans who had the time to give it any thought saw and believed that there is a God.

The more difficult concept to accept would be that "There is no god." That is, that everything we see around us just "happened," without any infinitely intelligent creator making it just so.

Consider: scientists who look closely at all of the things that had to be "just so" in order for humans to come into existence, humbly acknowledge that the chances are BILLIONS to one that any intelligent life like us will be found anywhere else in the universe. About the same odds as spilling out a billion Scrabble tiles and have them spell out the Encyclopedia Brittanica.

That would be what legal positivism is. You want that so you can follow the letter of the law and no more. The moral law goes beyond that.
So nobody knows what all the standards are?

Go for it.
Better how? Explain it in more detail?

So nobody knows what all the standards are?
Natural laws are discovered. Jesus summed it up nicely though. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

You would be well served to heed his advice.

Go for it.
Better how? Explain it in more detail?
If you couldn't see your error I doubt I would be able to convince you.

Forum List

Back