Is there a gay gene?

I guess its a combination of both. I think there is definitely something that drives a person to their preference. if I take my own situation, I'm attracted to women. I couldn't fight that, I couldn't change that. its a natural drive that I think I always had. so for most I think it is something you have or you don't. for others, I think there is an element of choice. probably more driven by sexual desire. I know guys who swear they are straight but engage in a lot of 2 on 1 sex with a woman or even multiple sex partners. they have had bisexual relations in these encounters but say they are heterosexual. then you look at guys who go to prison. heterosexual but when your only company is the same sex they are willing to break the rules.

As was often said by the late Lenny Bruce, "Men are carnal by nature. Take away pussy and a man will schtup anything - mud!" It was often said - not altogether tongue in cheek - that the old British navy survived on buggery and salt pork.

The fact that men in prison (or on long yoyages exclusively with men at sea) will bugger each other says nothing about homosexuality and everything about the irrepressible sex drive of some men.

Forum List

Back