Is the U.S. Credit Rating a Victim of GOP Sabotage?

The really sad thing is after all we have just been through. I have been hearing from the likes of Debb Wasserman Schultz...(did I get all her names in there)....She is going on and on about getting the economy going and her answer is that the government needs to spend now. We need to spend on...and If I hear this one more time I will go insane...
We need to spend on infrastructure,we need to spend on job training,we need to spend on.....blah blah blah....Spend,spend,spend...

It never ends with these Libs.When will you guys be happy?...When this country has the flag
of China flying over every government building? :evil:

Yeah, you can't handle any semblance of thetrith if it doesn't fit into your narrow view of the world. The truth is, we DO have an aging and crumbling infrastructure and we do need to upgrade ti to compete with the rest of the industrialized world. To live off the achievements of our grandfathers is just stupid and shortsighted... let's maintain the status quo... which BTW, is not working ata ll... instead of making ourselves globally competitive AND create jobs in the process... no brainer, right?

Let's just keep spending,borrowing,printing money we don't have....does any of this mean anything to you guys?

Apparently not anymore than working people need money to buy the shit that the greedy rich fucks want us to buy means to you guys.

Your solution is to fuck those people that work for others... they aren't important to you... even though they make up the vast majority of the people here in the US.... which BTW.... is the gold standard that the rest of the world lives by.

You dumbasses don't get it. Those people that you think can do with less? They can't. They can't afford to live here with less. Their asses are against the wall. Yet your expect them to buy your stupid smartphones and your 50" televisions to make the wealthy better off.

What you want is for the extremely rich to have ALL the profits and pay none of the price of their success. I don't know how they brainwashed y'all into thinking that way... but apparently, they've done one hell of job doing it.

Face it... without customers.... Products and even services mean nothing.

Yeah, you can't handle any semblance of thetrith if it doesn't fit into your narrow view of the world. The truth is, we DO have an aging and crumbling infrastructure and we do need to upgrade ti to compete with the rest of the industrialized world. To live off the achievements of our grandfathers is just stupid and shortsighted... let's maintain the status quo... which BTW, is not working ata ll... instead of making ourselves globally competitive AND create jobs in the process... no brainer, right?

Let's just keep spending,borrowing,printing money we don't have....does any of this mean anything to you guys?

Apparently not anymore than working people need money to buy the shit that the greedy rich fucks want us to buy means to you guys.

Your solution is to fuck those people that work for others... they aren't important to you... even though they make up the vast majority of the people here in the US.... which BTW.... is the gold standard that the rest of the world lives by.

You dumbasses don't get it. Those people that you think can do with less? They can't. They can't afford to live here with less. Their asses are against the wall. Yet your expect them to buy your stupid smartphones and your 50" televisions to make the wealthy better off.

What you want is for the extremely rich to have ALL the profits and pay none of the price of their success. I don't know how they brainwashed y'all into thinking that way... but apparently, they've done one hell of job doing it.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

That was excruciatingly pitiful. I gave you a hat tip for working with those challenged.

DID YOU THINK YOU HAVE THAT MARKET CORNERED?

Democrats are lying scumbags. There's nothing else to say

Way to weigh in on the debate there, Frankie Boy...

When they stop lying, I'll respond

an easy out for you, of course.

Hey... I got an idea... let's put up a photoshopped pic of the President patting a girl's ass... that'll do the trick... or how about some right wing political cartoons...

The truth is, you have no answer to what I and other progressives bring... so you ignore them.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

That was excruciatingly pitiful. I gave you a hat tip for working with those challenged.

DID YOU THINK YOU HAVE THAT MARKET CORNERED?

huh?

I am claiming exactly what I said I was claiming:

The GOP refused to extend unemployment until the tax cuts were extended.

Dispute it.

Whoa, whoa, whoa there skippy... what happened to the GOP HOLDING FOOD FOR AMERICANS HOSTAGE?

Ya... I knew that one would fall by the way side... it was a moronic statement.

Yeah, they were holding food on the table hostage.

Unemployment for struggling Americans = food on the table

Them facts are a bitch for you to deal with.

Are you claiming that it is the gov't responsibility to feed every person in the nation?

Way to weigh in on the debate there, Frankie Boy...

Hey... I got an idea... let's put up a photoshopped pic of the President patting a girl's ass... that'll do the trick... or how about some right wing political cartoons...

The truth is, you have no answer to what I and other progressives bring... so you ignore them.

Stop lying. It's that simple

Stop lying. It's that simple

Yet another gem of wisdom from ol' Frankie boy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEM4gACt6r0&feature=player_profilepage"]Obama is not working for Democrats.[/ame]

The two party system is not working. It is all or nothing for both parties

S&P just slapped us in the face and told us to start acting like adults

The really sad thing is after all we have just been through. I have been hearing from the likes of Debb Wasserman Schultz...(did I get all her names in there)....She is going on and on about getting the economy going and her answer is that the government needs to spend now. We need to spend on...and If I hear this one more time I will go insane...
We need to spend on infrastructure,we need to spend on job training,we need to spend on.....blah blah blah....Spend,spend,spend...

It never ends with these Libs.When will you guys be happy?...When this country has the flag
of China flying over every government building? :evil:

How many times do we need to pay for "infrastructure" before we realize that money is being "embezzled"? Our gas taxes are to pay for the "roads and bridges". We had TWO stimulus packages that were touted as for "infrastructure". Guess what, we are tired of paying for things that don't materialize.

The US Credit Rating is a victim of over-spending by the dems AND tax cuts by the GOP. Add in the TARP?Stimulus by the dems, and the two wars and the drug entitlement by the GOP.

BOTH parties are at fault, and it will take both parties to get out AAA rating back. This was a necessary wake-up call by BOTH S&P and the Tea Party that the deficit is a disaster in waiting if not fixed.

The Bush tax cuts actually created the biggest revenue increase ever seen, but nice try.

Please back that up.

Thanks.

While we waiting for the response, here’s a little light reading:

[T]he Bush tax cuts were responsible for increasing the debt by $3.2 trillion — 27 percent of the fiscal deterioration since 2001.

These facts notwithstanding, it has become a Republican talking point that the Bush tax cuts did not, in fact, reduce revenue at all — something the Bush administration itself never asserted.

Last year, Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the Senate minority leader, said: “There’s no evidence whatsoever that the Bush tax cuts actually diminished revenue. They increased revenue because of the vibrancy of these tax cuts in the economy.”

On June 10, former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty said, “Keep in mind, whether it be the Bush tax cuts, the Reagan tax cuts or other tax cuts, they always produce an increase in revenue.”

On July 10, Senator Jeff Sessions of Alabama said of the Bush tax cuts, “The revenue went up every single year after those tax cuts were put in.”

And on July 15, Representative Trent Franks of Arizona said, “Even the much-maligned Bush tax cuts brought in an additional $100 billion a year to government coffers.”

It is hard to know where these totally erroneous ideas come from. Federal revenue fell in 2001 from 2000, again in 2002 from 2001 and again in 2003 from 2002. Revenue did not get back to its 2000 level until 2005. More important, revenue as a share of G.D.P. was lower every year of the Bush presidency than it was in 2000.

Bruce Bartlett: Are the Bush Tax Cuts the Root of Our Fiscal Problem? - NYTimes.com

I have no idea where those erroneous ideas came from either, but it’s clear that with the GOP facts are trumped by dogma.

Germany & China downgraded the US months ago before the TEA Party helped balance the budget.

Investors pulled money out of stock funds at the fastest rate in over two years in the month of June. According to data released by Strategic Insight, U.S. stock mutual funds saw net outflow of $17.3 billion in the month of June, the biggest monthly outflow since March 2009.

It is a FACT, you can go look it up...I'm not here to play teacher for you.

It is a cold day in hell when some Canuck acts like he knows more about the USA than me. You visiting Wal Mart in Minot doesn't make you an expert on this country.

...it's been reported in the media numerous times in "my country," maybe not up in Canada....especially Regina.

Actually, it ain't true...

And Regina sucks. Saskatoon rocks!

recall who extended the Bush Tax cuts.

What were the circumstances behind them getting extended?

Ah, yes. There it is.

GOP sabotage? Look at the Debt chart, then recall who extended the Bush Tax cuts. Agreed that the Bush admin was terrible, but the BO admin isn't any better. the dems are taking us deeper into the ditch.

The extension of the Bush Tax Cuts were done because of the extortionist tactics of the GOP during the budget debate. The GOP wanted the long term unemployed to be homeless and wouldn't budge on extending UC benefits unless the Bush Tax Cuts were extended.

I'm done with the "both parties are bad" bullshit.

shocker

Forum List

Back