Views of Congress, tea party reach new low

DaGoose

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2010
Illinois
Public perception of the tea party movement, which many see as the driving force that kept Republicans from voting to raising the debt ceiling without implementing unprecedented spending reductions, is at a record low. In a New York Times/CBS poll released Friday, 40 percent of respondents said they held an "unfavorable" view of the movement, up from 29 percent before the debt negotiations began in April, and higher than any number since pollsters started asking the question last year. One in five respondents said they approved of the tea party, down from 26 percent a few months ago.

President Obama, on the other hand, was the only one to really escape the negotiation process without deeply damaging blows to his perception, the poll suggested. Almost half (48 percent) said they approve of the way Obama is handling his job as president, a number that has remained stable since late 2009.

Views of Congress, tea party reach new low in poll | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

I am not a tea party but I am happy they stood their ground. Someone has too or this country is going to go flat on their face.Did you read CHina already downgraded our Triple ratings Russia hates are spending whats next huh

Public perception of the tea party movement, which many see as the driving force that kept Republicans from voting to raising the debt ceiling without implementing unprecedented spending reductions, is at a record low. In a New York Times/CBS poll released Friday, 40 percent of respondents said they held an "unfavorable" view of the movement, up from 29 percent before the debt negotiations began in April, and higher than any number since pollsters started asking the question last year. One in five respondents said they approved of the tea party, down from 26 percent a few months ago.

President Obama, on the other hand, was the only one to really escape the negotiation process without deeply damaging blows to his perception, the poll suggested. Almost half (48 percent) said they approve of the way Obama is handling his job as president, a number that has remained stable since late 2009.

Views of Congress, tea party reach new low in poll | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

As I understand it, people love candy and hate going to the dentist.

It's pretty much what Harry Truman said. Something like, I don't give 'em Hell. I give 'em the truth. They just think it's Hell.

The TEA Party isn't dumping the crap in the soup. All they're doing is pointing out that it's there.

New Topics

Forum List

Back