Is the ongoing punishment of Adam and Eve justifiable?

So the story of Eden, that's a real one? It actually happened?
"...the Bible is metaphor. It has to be. The very presumption of talking about 'God', putting into limited words that which cannot be limited, can only be taken as metaphor, even if those thus speaking fail to see it that way."[/QUOTE]
Some things are metaphors or parables, some things are literal. The miracles were real events. God really did part the sea and Israel crossed on dry land.[/QUOTE]
Matthew 17:20
"Because you have so little faith." He answered. "For truly I tell you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."
What does "really" mean?

Christian dogma says that Adam and Eve were murdered by neglect when God locked away the tree of life.

Was gaining an education and a moral sense, which basically is what gaining knowledge is, justifiable to you?

Can you see yourself punishing your children for gaining an education and a moral sense the way God is punishing Adam and Eve to this day?

Christian dogma says that Adam and Eve were 'murdered' by God's neglect?

Yes, when he locked away the tree of life.

Regards
DL

Our souls are eternal.
The punishment is perfectly fit. I'm sure you deserve death a thousand times over for your thoughts this past hour alone.

And I imagine you'll eventually experience that. You're a disgusting anti-Christian slimeball sent to torment decent people. And I'm sure you accomplish that every day in a thousand little ways (aside from the garbage you post on here).

Anyway, our souls are eternal. Our lives are a tiny blip on the screen of what God has planned for us. This punishment is meant to refine and perfect us since we have proven over and over again that we don't have the imagination required to do the right thing for our few years on earth.

"Because you have so little faith." He answered. "For truly I tell you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."
What does "really" mean?

When ezekiel was told to speak a prophesy to the mountains of Israel about their future destruction, 'You mountains of Israel, hear the word of the Sovereign LORD. This is what the Sovereign LORD says to the mountains and hills, to the ravines and valleys: I am about to bring a sword against you, and I will destroy your high places.", he didn't speak to a landscape, he spoke to the big shots who loomed over the population, the hills ravines and valleys like immovable mountains.

What does "really" mean?

When ezekiel was told to speak a prophesy to the mountains of Israel about their future destruction, 'You mountains of Israel, hear the word of the Sovereign LORD. This is what the Sovereign LORD says to the mountains and hills, to the ravines and valleys: I am about to bring a sword against you, and I will destroy your high places.", he didn't speak to a landscape, he spoke to the big shots who loomed over the population, the hills ravines and valleys like immovable mountains.

you would have a very big problem ---not only understanding ancient Hebrew poetry-----but even
the modern stuff. Feel free to ask questions.

Apparently all humans are responsible for Adam and Eve's crimes. 'god' put the tree in the garden and since he is all knowing he knew what would happen. He's guilty of temptation of innocents whom he knew could not resist eating apples. He also created the snake and gave it it's purpose.

It is the most heinous case of entrapment ever.

lol... I look at it differently... Its like the king of a peaceful and prosperous kingdom found a wandering homeless person on skid row and took them in, gave them a bath, new clothes, an education, a partner, put some money in his pocket and gave him the run of the place with just one rule. "Don't have sex with my dog. If you do this beautiful life will end in the very same day that you do it."

So what happens? He had sex with the dog and was thrown out and returned to skid row from where he was taken to live out the rest of his days in the wilderness as a wandering numbskull among the wild beasts.

There is a lesson and a teaching somewhere there but I don't think its that God is a entrapping scumbag.

So you see the Garden of Eden story more as a transient having sex with a dog.

Did 'god' put that image in your head?

Yes, kind of.. Like sparkie said, humanity screwed the pooch. All of the trees in Eden that had fruit that was pleasing to the eye and good to eat represent people, whether teachers, historians, linguists, doctors, artists, craftsmen, farmers, builders, etc. The positive contributors to that society. Something good to learn from all of them.

The forbidden fruit, truth mingled with lies, was the deception of the talking serpent tree. "The truth you know is not the truth at all, its these here alternative truths." Not exactly a dog, but who cares?

And yeah. God told me what to say and how to say it to update the original story so that its teaching can be more easily understood in this day and age.

If you still don't understand you're probably fucking the dog too just like the transient numbskull in the fairy tale,.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

So the story of Eden, that's a real one? It actually happened?[/QUOTE]
"...the Bible is metaphor. It has to be. The very presumption of talking about 'God', putting into limited words that which cannot be limited, can only be taken as metaphor, even if those thus speaking fail to see it that way."[/QUOTE]
The Bible was considered to have actually happened until fairly recently, when science debunked everything in it. Now people are saying that it's allegorical... because science forced them to move the goalposts. hob thinks that there's some hidden meaning in the bible stories, a secret way to find god. Except he has yet to explain it to me properly.

So the story of Eden, that's a real one? It actually happened?
The Bible was considered to have actually happened until fairly recently, when science debunked everything in it. Now people are saying that it's allegorical... because science forced them to move the goalposts. hob thinks that there's some hidden meaning in the bible stories, a secret way to find god. Except he has yet to explain it to me properly.[/QUOTE]

the garden of eden is HISTORY-----no one could have MADE that one UP.

Christian dogma says that Adam and Eve were murdered by neglect when God locked away the tree of life.

Was gaining an education and a moral sense, which basically is what gaining knowledge is, justifiable to you?

Can you see yourself punishing your children for gaining an education and a moral sense the way God is punishing Adam and Eve to this day?

Christian dogma says that Adam and Eve were 'murdered' by God's neglect?

Yes, when he locked away the tree of life.

Regards
DL

Our souls are eternal.
The punishment is perfectly fit. I'm sure you deserve death a thousand times over for your thoughts this past hour alone.

And I imagine you'll eventually experience that. You're a disgusting anti-Christian slimeball sent to torment decent people. And I'm sure you accomplish that every day in a thousand little ways (aside from the garbage you post on here).

Anyway, our souls are eternal. Our lives are a tiny blip on the screen of what God has planned for us. This punishment is meant to refine and perfect us since we have proven over and over again that we don't have the imagination required to do the right thing for our few years on earth.

dysmenorrhea is from HELL-----it proves the existence of SATAN

The ongoing punishment of any human would be unjustifiable, and insane by the way. And God is neither, but human religion and some of its doctrines sure can be. Hey listen, if you punish me for just 17 billion years, don't you think that would be insane, now compare that to eternity; and what is so sad that many believers in God believe this nonsense of eternal punishing.

Eve was deceived by Satan and the talking serpent that God put in Eden. This caused the Original Sin concept that Christianity calls a happy fault and necessary to God’s plan.

Regards

DL
yes. Satan blames God for what is. Don't let that being talk through you.

yes. Satan blames God for what is. Don't let that being talk through you.
Being?

Metal construct is what you mean. Right?

Given that you sing of Adam's sin as being a happy fault and necessary to Yahweh's plan, if you do not sin, you screw up the plan.

Adam kept the plan from derailing.

Would you not do as he did, or would you derail god's plan?

Regards
DL

Eve was deceived by Satan and the talking serpent that God put in Eden. This caused the Original Sin concept that Christianity calls a happy fault and necessary to God’s plan.

Regards

DL
You really should stop reading the Bible literally like a jackanape.

You really should stop reading the Bible literally like a jackanape.

I do not, and you know this.

I agree that all who read myths literally and end in adoring a genocidal prick of a god and his homophobic and misogynous religions are jackanape, whatever that is.

They have the same vile morals that you have.

Regards
DL

I do not, and you know this.

I agree that all who read myths literally and end in adoring a genocidal prick of a god and his homophobic and misogynous religions are jackanape, whatever that is.

They have the same vile morals that you have.

Regards
DL
Your conclusion can only be reached from a literal reading of the Bible.

Your conclusion can only be reached from a literal reading of the Bible.
Nope.

The Christian ethic of homophobia and misogyny are all I need to see.

The bible, in a believers hand, is the same as Mein Kamp in an old German S.S. type hands.

Genocide and inquisitions are synonymous.

Regards
DL

Nope.

The Christian ethic of homophobia and misogyny are all I need to see.

The bible, in a believers hand, is the same as Mein Kamp in an old German S.S. type hands.

Genocide and inquisitions are synonymous.

Regards
DL
Except you keep quoting the Bible like you read it literally, dummy.

Look, if you really feel that way about Christians you should do something about it other than impotent remarks on a message forum. But we both know you are too impotent to do anything concrete.

Are you gay?

Except you keep quoting the Bible like you read it literally, dummy.

Look, if you really feel that way about Christians you should do something about it other than impotent remarks on a message forum. But we both know you are too impotent to do anything concrete.

Are you gay?
No, although I am not gay like you.

Try someone else to entice.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back