Is the news media and government lying about the economy and inflation?

Than blame US government for not having there own energy grid but needing the Middle East and Russia. If the Middle East and Russia disappeared the US would be in dark ages.
We have our own energy... we have more oil and natural gas than any other nation in the world... we would be using it if we were not so intent on making China great again.... and so gullible as to believe global warming will destroy the planet... its absurd...

Then there is the bread and butter economy that is massively inflated making it very difficult for low and medium earners to meet their monthly bills.
Real wages are still quite high both historically and over the past decade.

Screenshot 2024-02-12 4.29.25 PM.png

Its not silly... people are hurting... the economy sucks... people are losing jobs... gas is still too high food is outrageous.... credit card debt. is at a record high... card delinquency is at an all time high... home and auto repos are up... the media will not tell the truth... so you have to search it out yourself....
The unemployment rate is very low.

Gas is about $3/gallon, not that bad especially compared to increases in wages.

Credit card delinquency rate is nowhere near the all-time high in Q2 2009.

Screenshot 2024-02-12 4.33.26 PM.png

Mortgage delinquencies are still quite low.

Screenshot 2024-02-12 4.36.42 PM.png

The unemployment rate is very low.

Gas is about $3/gallon, not that bad especially compared to increases in wages.

Credit card delinquency rate is nowhere near the all-time high in Q2 2009.

View attachment 901398

Mortgage delinquencies are still quite low.

View attachment 901397
Unemployment is up this month and inflation is also up 3.1%... so people are losing their job as prices soar... where is your media at?... where are the man in the street interviews at gas pumps and food stores... where are the media clips of growing food lines... it all exists but we have a very dishonest news media... they are lying to you so go around them and do your own research...

No one is losing a job they can't replace out 8.5 million good unfilled jobs and an UE rate of 3.7%.

We have a terrible labor shortage, and Rambunctious's inability to understand common sense does not help.

Unemployment is up this month and inflation is also up 3.1%... so people are losing their job as prices soar... where is your media at?
An unemployment rate of 3.7% is very low by historical standards.
An inflation rate of 3.1% is a drop from the 3.4% of previous month. That isn't "soaring".
The long term average inflation rate in USA is 3.28%.

I don't get your second question, I don't own any media. I'm guessing you want them to report that the unemployment rate is low, and inflation has dropped from previous to a level below the US historical average?

... where are the man in the street interviews at gas pumps and food stores... where are the media clips of growing food lines... it all exists but we have a very dishonest news media... they are lying to you so go around them and do your own research...
If you think anecdotes paint a reliable picture of the macro-economic state of things you shouldn't be recommending anyone to go research since clearly you don't know what the word means.

An unemployment rate of 3.7% is very low by historical standards.
An inflation rate of 3.1% is a drop from the 3.4% of previous month. That isn't "soaring".
The long term average inflation rate in USA is 3.28%.

I don't get your second question, I don't own any media. I'm guessing you want them to report that the unemployment rate is low, and inflation has dropped from previous to a level below the US historical average?

If you think anecdotes paint a reliable picture of the macro-economic state of things you shouldn't be recommending anyone to go research since clearly you don't know what the word means.
A rising inflation rate hurts people who have families to care for... it hurts the working people... the elderly on fixed incomes... so does an unemployment rate over 2%.,.. saying its not as bad as the people think is not helping them...
And my main issue with the economy is that it can and could have been fixed at any time with lower shipping costs... that's an easy fix... just start drilling for clean crud so we can refine it into fuel...
And by the way... I studied economics... micro as well as macroeconomics in college... its all on paper... real life my friend... that's what you are missing with your
macroeconomics... and that's what Biden and the democrats are missing as well...

A rising inflation rate hurts people who have families to care for... it hurts the working people... the elderly on fixed incomes... .
The inflation rate:
December 2023 = 3.4%
January 2024 = 3.1%

You do know what the word "rising" means right? Hint = that ain't it.

so does an unemployment rate over 2%.,.. saying its not as bad as the people think is not helping them...
This is utter nonsense, 5% is considered full employment rate because there is always churn in the labor market. Any unemployment rate under 4% is outstanding.

And my main issue with the economy is that it can and could have been fixed
You were puzzled as to why "my media" (somehow I was given the media) aren't reporting economic measures that are actually pretty healthy, and now worrying about fixing something that doesn't need fixing.

There are things that need fixing, like housing costs. But you're just flailing away with concern over the unemployment rate being above 2%, that is silly.

that's what Biden and the democrats are missing as well...
Ahhh ha! I think we have found what the true driver of your bizarre economic viewpoint is... the political party of those in charge.

For the record, I don't given Biden much credit for this. If anything Trump gets more credit for the massive stimulus spending during Covid that kept consumer spending flowing and for nominating Powell who is turning out to be a lot more right on his policies than most people thought he was.

The inflation rate:
December 2023 = 3.4%
January 2024 = 3.1%

You do know what the word "rising" means right? Hint = that ain't it.

This is utter nonsense, 5% is considered full employment rate because there is always churn in the labor market. Any unemployment rate under 4% is outstanding.

You were puzzled as to why "my media" (somehow I was given the media) aren't reporting economic measures that are actually pretty healthy, and now worrying about fixing something that doesn't need fixing.

There are things that need fixing, like housing costs. But you're just flailing away with concern over the unemployment rate being above 2%, that is silly.

Ahhh ha! I think we have found what the true driver of your bizarre economic viewpoint is... the political party of those in charge.

For the record, I don't given Biden much credit for this. If anything Trump gets more credit for the massive stimulus spending during Covid that kept consumer spending flowing and for nominating Powell who is turning out to be a lot more right on his policies than most people thought he was.
Interest rate up again... they did that for a reason...

Real pain at the pump and the dinner table is also quite high among the majority of Americans.
The dinner table and gas pump is a relatively small percentage of the average American family's expenses, which is probably what leads folks on here to draw incorrect conclusions about inflation versus wages.

Interest rate up again... they did that for a reason...
Ahh so your ridiculous attempt to spin a 3.1% inflation rate has gone nowhere, so now your evidence is interest rates?

Interest rates are dynamic based on many factors, but I'm curious if you see their rise as a sign of a bad economy, were you also seeing it as a sign of a good economy when interest rates fell or does it only work one way where you ignore what isn't convenient for your "economy bad" thing and jump on whatever works for you?

Screenshot 2024-02-21 1.52.14 PM.png

Ahh so your ridiculous attempt to spin a 3.1% inflation rate has gone nowhere, so now your evidence is interest rates?

Interest rates are dynamic based on many factors, but I'm curious if you see their rise as a sign of a bad economy, were you also seeing it as a sign of a good economy when interest rates fell or does it only work one way where you ignore what isn't convenient for your "economy bad" thing and jump on whatever works for you?

View attachment 906305
People know what their everyday costs are and they are way up... 10,000 more per year for a family of four.... every public utility in the nation has or soon will go up.... food still going up... also what's up are delinquent credit card payments and car repos and late mortgage payments all going up with credit card debt.... so take your silly little graph and show it to someone as gullible as you....

The dinner table and gas pump is a relatively small percentage of the average American family's expenses, which is probably what leads folks on here to draw incorrect conclusions about inflation versus wages.
Not if you are in the lower income brackets where the majority of Americans are these days. You and I may not feel the pain, but they do.

Make allegations, Rambunctious, if you wish, but I don't see any evidence.

But since you are doing it, more people are able to retire now and less people are working two jobs than in Trump's time in office.

We have 18% interest home loans in the late 1980s, so I bet we will get through this as well.

Forum List

Back