Is the National Anthem Racist?

03ANTHEMSUB-master768.jpg

Beyond the Debate Over Colin Kaepernick

The continuing refusal by the San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick to stand during the playing of “The Star-Spangled Banner” before games has set off a debate about patriotism, protest and professional sports. But it has also raised another fraught question: Is our national anthem itself racist?

The journalist Jon Schwarz, writing in The Intercept, argued yes, denouncing the lyrics, written by Francis Scott Key during the War of 1812, as “a celebration of slavery.” How could black players, Mr. Schwarz asked, be expected to stand for a song whose rarely sung third stanza — which includes the lines “No refuge could save the hireling and slave/From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave” — “literally celebrates the murder of African-Americans”?

More: Is the National Anthem Racist? Beyond the Debate Over Colin Kaepernick

It could certainly be interpreted as racist. What do you think?
Of course its racist. You would have to do a lot of mental gymnastics in order to convince yourself it wasnt.

What are the racist lines in the song? Specifically.

The same place I told you in the other thread and its even posted in this thread. Not my fault you dont know how to read.

The continuing refusal by the San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick to stand during the playing of “The Star-Spangled Banner” before games has set off a debate about patriotism, protest and professional sports. But it has also raised another fraught question: Is our national anthem itself racist?

The journalist Jon Schwarz, writing in The Intercept, argued yes, denouncing the lyrics, written by Francis Scott Key during the War of 1812, as “a celebration of slavery.” How could black players, Mr. Schwarz asked, be expected to stand for a song whose rarely sung third stanza — which includes the lines “No refuge could save the hireling and slave/From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave” — “literally celebrates the murder of African-Americans”?

Of course its racist. You would have to do a lot of mental gymnastics in order to convince yourself it wasnt.

The same place I told you in the other thread and its even posted in this thread. Not my fault you dont know how to read.

The song is about the American flag still waving over Fort McHenry after the Battle of Baltimore in the war of 1812.

You should get that published.

Then Trump will win 35 States in 2020, instead of 30.

Whites are fed up with this entire racist crap. The Illegals, the Beaners,
the Jaboni's...the fuckin' ragheads. The whining of every frickin' one
of them is not being tolerated anymore.

We're done with that shit.
I like this new member! They got spark. Don't forget the coloreds.

The song is about the American flag still waving over Fort McHenry after the Battle of Baltimore in the war of 1812.
Its also about killing ex-slaves and hirelings.

Only a complete moron would think that.

First it was the Confederate flag, then Confederate Generals, next Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, Christopher Columbus, now it's the National Anthem.

You gave them an inch, now they're taking their mile.

First it was the Confederate flag, then Confederate Generals, next Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, Christopher Columbus, now it's the National Anthem.

Everything you named was either a homicidal maniac, a traitor, a racist, or created by a racist. How did you manage that?

I wonder why he hasn't answered you. LOL.

Everything you named was either a homicidal maniac, a traitor, a racist, or created by a racist. How did you manage that?

If you can make that a central theme of the Democrat Party before the 2018 elections, you'll have my eternal thanks.

If you can make that a central theme of the Democrat Party before the 2018 elections, you'll have my eternal thanks.
How am I going to do that if I am not a democrat?

You see columbus was the genocidal maniac.
washington and jefferson were big time slave owners/racists
the confederates were traitors,racists, and losers
the anthem was created by a racist and slave owner
the confederate flag was created by a feral monkey of a racist.

Is Columbus Day Going Extinct?

No need to get the dems to work on this one.

Keep talking about it...you've got Lakhota on your bandwagon already...and s/he is definitely a democrat.

Washington, Jefferson and the National Anthem are racist and oppressive, just like those statues of Confederate Generals and Battle flags.

Super Majority, here we come.

America has two choices.....constantly submit to the extortion of Negroes, their lawyers, their enablers etc. or stand up and say being racist is not illegal and futhamoe....there is nothing wrong with it....as in get over it. Maybe then this country could get back to being America and making some real progress. Enough is enough is too much...it is bad enough to have to watch all those commericals with negroes....that is punishment enough for all the sins some white folk may have comitted.

Keep talking about it...you've got Lakohta on your bandwagon already...and s/he is definitely a democrat.

Washington, Jefferson and the National Anthem are racist and oppressive, just like those statues of Confederate Generals and Battle flags.

In your dreams...the democratic negroid party of America will suffer such losses in the midterms....they will be right down there in the cellar with the communist party.

Keep talking about it...you've got Lakohta on your bandwagon already...and s/he is definitely a democrat.

Not for long. You'll be out next election. Bank on it even if I have to vote Dem.

You should get that published.

Then Trump will win 35 States in 2020, instead of 30.

Whites are fed up with this entire racist crap. The Illegals, the Beaners,
the Jaboni's...the fuckin' ragheads. The whining of every frickin' one
of them is not being tolerated anymore.

We're done with that shit.

Get used to it. Whites will soon be a minority.

Then whites will be the beneficiaries of all minority laws. Awesome!

--LOL

good point

Originally titled The Battle for Fort McHenry.

Not everything is about black people.
that ass kicking Key got by freed Black British soliders where they burned the capital to the ground beg to differ.

The Colonial Marines

"The Corps of Colonial Marines were a new fighting force of escaped slaves. Cockburn had distributed a thousand copies of a proclamation inviting slaves in the Chesapeake region to join with the British, either to fight against their former masters or to settle in Canada or the West Indies. "

"Cockburn had decided he preferred the Colonials to his own Royal Marines, finding them stronger and less likely to desert. The escapees provided invaluable intelligence, guiding the British through the backwoods and waters, often with more intimate knowledge than their former masters. What Cockburn appreciated the most was the unalloyed fear they inspired in the Americans."

Last edited:
Asclepias, your entire worldview is Negros are total fail because of Whitey. So now you are saying Negro soldiers back in the day were more free and intelligent than today's obese, welfare, ghetto, low IQ Negro? I do not disagree that Negroes of previous generations were more intelligent than today's savages. But that is a result of inbreeding at the projects biologically.

Not for long. You'll be out next election. Bank on it even if I have to vote Dem.

As if you weren't voting Dem all along.

This fight is a loser, as is the transgender stuff. The more we talk about it, the better it is for Republicans.

So the longer this stays in the headlines, the better. Trump knows it.

Missouri is electing a Senator in 2018...which way does this National Anthem fight push that election?

How about in West Virginia, Indiana, North Dakota and Montana...or Nevada...the ONLY vulnerable Republican in a Senate race in 2018.

So...keep up the good work.

A poem/song celebrating freedom from bondage and tyranny is a celebration of slavery??

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

And a lot of stupid people post online

Forum List

Back