Is the GOP intentionally preventing a recovery?

15 out of 18 bills passed are for naming new buildings?

Fire them all.

Of cousre partisan hacks on both sides will be busy re-electing them.

I would bet my next paycheck that there are way more buildings,roads etc named after democrats then there are for republicans. Look at West Virginia, every other building/road is named after Robert Byrd. I guess they want to leave their print to remind everyone of just who exactly fucked this country up.

STUPID PEOPLE DESERVE A STUPID PRESIDENT and that is what you got with 8 years of Bush.

Fire them all.

I would bet my next paycheck that there are way more buildings,roads etc named after democrats then there are for republicans. Look at West Virginia, every other building/road is named after Robert Byrd. I guess they want to leave their print to remind everyone of just who exactly fucked this country up.

STUPID PEOPLE DESERVE A STUPID PRESIDENT and that is what you got with 8 years of Bush.

The same ones elected Papa Obama
you think they would learn from their mistakes
:eusa_whistle:

This past week I drove from home through parts of California, Nevada, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming; road construction/repair was underway on US 80, 93, 95, 20, 84 and 15. The ARRA funded these repairs and improvements allowing for the easy and rapid movement of goods from farms to markets across the west.

Lets see if the radical Republicans stonewall a new Highway Act, doing would add more evidence that jobs and the recovery are not only not a priority, but they hope to keep our economy in a state of malaise through the 2012 election.

It would be nice if they actually created jobs instead of just paying off crony contractors.

You move a few men down the road instead of hiring another crew.

Impressive it is not.

I'm curious...you folks on the Left are accusing the Republicans of sabotaging this economy? Would anyone care to talk about how much worse this economy would be right now if Obama had gotten the Cap & Trade legislation passed that he wanted? Republican "obstructionism" as you all like to refer to it, kept President Obama from passing something that would have absolutely killed the economy.

There's a good reason why Obama just backed off on imposing those new EPA standards. He's FINALLY coming to understand that things like that effect the economy in a negative way. It only took the "genius" two plus years to do so but he finally seems to be "getting it".

I'm curious...you folks on the Left are accusing the Republicans of sabotaging this economy? Would anyone care to talk about how much worse this economy would be right now if Obama had gotten the Cap & Trade legislation passed that he wanted? Republican "obstructionism" as you all like to refer to it, kept President Obama from passing something that would have absolutely killed the economy.

There's a good reason why Obama just backed off on imposing those new EPA standards. He's FINALLY coming to understand that things like that effect the economy in a negative way. It only took the "genius" two plus years to do so but he finally seems to be "getting it".

Fire them all.

I take it you have nothing with substance to add here right?

He understands exactly what he is doing, he just doesn't have enough votes on either side to continue doing it.

Some people are saying no, see the 'argument' against, here:

Schumer's conspiracy theory: GOP sabotaging recovery | David Freddoso | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

The evidence suggests Schumer's on to something. The House of Representatives has offered no debate on the issue of unemployment and has passed only 18 bills since taking control in January. 15 of those bills were passed to name federal buildings after someone. This do-nothing congress sees no urgency as millions of Americans are out of work, work one or two or three part time jobs simply to pay rent or the morgage on a home underwater.

The GOP leadership in both houses of congress has opposed all efforts by the president, and even turned down an offer by President Obama to reduce the payroll tax for businees. It seems ideology is only an excuse, the real reason is their lust for power.

Democrats are very good at blaming OTHERS. But--if you haven't been living in a very dark closet for the last 3-1/2 years--you would note that Democrats were the majority in the house--the senate--and the White House. In their never waste a "crisis" they have borrowed and spent 868 BILLION dollars--that we were told would create millions of private sector jobs--(2-1/2 years ago) and keep unemployment from rising above 8.2%. Barack Obama said this when he was shoving this bill down our throats.

The ONLY thing under this administration has grown in LEAP and BOUNDS is the size and scope of the Federal Government--while the private sector continues to SHRINK.

What turned into creating jobs--when to saving government workers jobs--that then went to according to Nancy Pelosi--referring to unemployment checks as economic stimulus.

Republicans were such a minority--they didn't even have enough to accomplish a filibuster--(basically a non-working stall) on the vote of this bill or any other (like Obamacare).

$food stamp President.jpg

One Big Ass Mistake America

Last edited:

Forum List

Back