Is the GOP intentionally preventing a recovery?

Why has the House of Representatives not passed a jobs bill?

If tax cuts help the unemployed as tickledowers believe, wouldn't we have far less unemployment?

Taxes were cut ten years ago, and a second round of tax cuts passed in 2003, both benefitting the so- called yet unproven job creating class? What have they done with this bonus?

What gives?

Several Republican members of the echo chamber have take my post above and responded with their usual idiotgrams. As usual none of their comments are substantive, thoughtful or in one case rational.

The fact exists that no jobs bill has been introduced by the Boehner/Cantor leadership; most of their efforts have been put into naming public buildings, in pleasing the extreme conservative base and in attacking the president.

Of course that's politics as usual with one fundamental difference, today millions of Americans are suffering. This pain is being exploited by the Republicans, demagogues, charlatans and the usual fools who parrot divisive comments from leaders of the idiot fringe of the New Right.

If tax cuts help the unemployed as tickledowers believe, wouldn't we have far less unemployment?

I guess Obama could increase taxes and we could see if unemployment decreases......

Taxes were cut ten years ago, and a second round of tax cuts passed in 2003, both benefitting the so- called yet unproven job creating class? What have they done with this bonus?

What gives?

Several Republican members of the echo chamber have take my post above and responded with their usual idiotgrams. As usual none of their comments are substantive, thoughtful or in one case rational.

The fact exists that no jobs bill has been introduced by the Boehner/Cantor leadership; most of their efforts have been put into naming public buildings, in pleasing the extreme conservative base and in attacking the president.

Of course that's politics as usual with one fundamental difference, today millions of Americans are suffering. This pain is being exploited by the Republicans, demagogues, charlatans and the usual fools who parrot divisive comments from leaders of the idiot fringe of the New Right.

I guess Obama could increase taxes and we could see if unemployment decreases......

One more other than rational response.

What gives?

What jobs bill did the democratic super majority held congress and white house pass that has worked?

None.

What gives?

You have a poor memory, it was the democrats that had full control of the house, the senate and the Presidency with super majority's and a filibuster proof senate. They passed the 787 billion dollar stimulus plan, stating that unemployment would not go above 8%, it went to 10%, now it's stuck at 9,2% and is rising yet again. The republicans could not block anything not even offer up any amendments as they did not have any power. Your party owns this mess lock, stock and barrel. Man up.

All done by the spender in Chief, and the commander of job destruction, Obama.

Last edited:
From today:

An opportunity we can’t afford to miss

By Ezra Klein
real%20yield%20treasuries.jpg

(Tobey - The Washington Post) This is going to be the most boring sentence I have ever included in a column, but it might also be the most important: The real yield on Treasury debt has, in recent months, turned negative. Sound impenetrably dull? Sure. But here’s what it means: free money!

Let’s start by defining some terms: The “yield” on Treasury debt is how much the government pays to borrow money. The “real yield” is how much it pays to borrow money after accounting for inflation. When the “real yield” turns negative, it means the government isn’t paying to borrow money anymore. Rather, the situation has flipped, and the government is getting paid to keep money safe.

Poor Todd. :lol:

Let me know when you learn what a Central Bank is and how it's different than the Treasury. :cuckoo:
'Central Bank' is your construction, built by you so that you could argue it.

What gives?

One more other than rational response.

And raising taxes to increase jobs is rational? :cuckoo:

From today:

An opportunity we can’t afford to miss

By Ezra Klein
real%20yield%20treasuries.jpg

(Tobey - The Washington Post) This is going to be the most boring sentence I have ever included in a column, but it might also be the most important: The real yield on Treasury debt has, in recent months, turned negative. Sound impenetrably dull? Sure. But here’s what it means: free money!

Let’s start by defining some terms: The “yield” on Treasury debt is how much the government pays to borrow money. The “real yield” is how much it pays to borrow money after accounting for inflation. When the “real yield” turns negative, it means the government isn’t paying to borrow money anymore. Rather, the situation has flipped, and the government is getting paid to keep money safe.

Poor Todd. :lol:

Let me know when you learn what a Central Bank is and how it's different than the Treasury. :cuckoo:

Just because it was included in your original claim.
Tell me again about excess reserves. :lol:

The Republican Party will do anything to prevent a recovery.

It's their only hope at killing Social Security, Medicare, and the EPA.

Just because it was included in your original claim.

Liar.

This is my original claim:

I'm in favor of saying "invest it or it will be taxed".

Maybe we need to follow Sweden's lead and have a negative interest rate for excess bank reserves.

Why would anyone want to weaken the economy? - Rex Nutting - MarketWatch

There’s one piece missing in this analysis, of course: the stance of fiscal policy. While the Fed is almost as likely to be stepping on the brakes as it is on the gas, fiscal policy (taxing and spending) has been mostly full-throttle ahead, especially right before elections. Fiscal policy got more accommodative as the election approached in nine of the past 12 elections, with 1988, 1996 and 2000 the only exceptions.

Next year will be another exception. The government will still run a large deficit, of course, but what matters for growth is the change in fiscal policy. In 2012, fiscal policy is expected to contract by two full percentage points of gross domestic product. That’s the largest tightening since 1969, when the effort to quickly balance the budget undoubtedly contributed to the recession the following year.

So, Republicans are urging the Federal Reserve to back off at the same time that they are demanding fiscal restraint. The double whammy from tighter fiscal policy and neutered monetary policy could be expected to weaken the economy.

Now why would anyone want to weaken the economy? It’s impossible to know anyone’s motives for certain, but Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell probably tipped his hand when he said: “The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.”

There’s one piece missing in this analysis, of course: the stance of fiscal policy. While the Fed is almost as likely to be stepping on the brakes as it is on the gas, fiscal policy (taxing and spending) has been mostly full-throttle ahead, especially right before elections. Fiscal policy got more accommodative as the election approached in nine of the past 12 elections, with 1988, 1996 and 2000 the only exceptions.

Next year will be another exception. The government will still run a large deficit, of course, but what matters for growth is the change in fiscal policy. In 2012, fiscal policy is expected to contract by two full percentage points of gross domestic product. That’s the largest tightening since 1969, when the effort to quickly balance the budget undoubtedly contributed to the recession the following year.

So, Republicans are urging the Federal Reserve to back off at the same time that they are demanding fiscal restraint. The double whammy from tighter fiscal policy and neutered monetary policy could be expected to weaken the economy.

Now why would anyone want to weaken the economy? It’s impossible to know anyone’s motives for certain, but Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell probably tipped his hand when he said: “The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.”

Wanting Obama to be a one term President does not equate to wanting the economy to weaken. Mitch McConnell was simply reacting to what was going on at the time. If you'll recall it was around then that Obama shut down Eric Cantor with his "I won" comment and Nancy and Harry were writing both the health care bill and the stimulus behind locked doors while the Republicans could only sit and watch.

As for "neutered" monetary policy? We can't go on just printing dollars. It's been four straight years of that now.

What gives?

You have a poor memory, it was the democrats that had full control of the house, the senate and the Presidency with super majority's and a filibuster proof senate. They passed the 787 billion dollar stimulus plan, stating that unemployment would not go above 8%, it went to 10%, now it's stuck at 9,2% and is rising yet again. The republicans could not block anything not even offer up any amendments as they did not have any power. Your party owns this mess lock, stock and barrel. Man up.

All done by the spender in Chief, and the commander of job destruction, Obama.

You are brainwashed. Dems were filibusterproof for only FIVE MONTHS- (A-hole PUBS!!) and Pubs have blocked everything since 1/2010, when the recovery stalled...hunh!

Wanting Obama to be a one term President does not equate to wanting the economy to weaken. Mitch McConnell was simply reacting to what was going on at the time. If you'll recall it was around then that Obama shut down Eric Cantor with his "I won" comment and Nancy and Harry were writing both the health care bill and the stimulus behind locked doors while the Republicans could only sit and watch.

As for "neutered" monetary policy? We can't go on just printing dollars. It's been four straight years of that now.

Why not?

If population increases more money has to be printed.

Perhaps..we should institution a negative population growth..and start giving up terroritory.

That way..we can cut the size of government.

I used words in the post above which likely need to be defined for some on this message board:

CHARLATAN:

noun
a person who pretends or claims to have more knowledge or skill than he or she possesses; quack.

Synonyms
impostor, mountebank, fraud, fake, phony.

DEMAGOGUE:

noun
a person, especially an orator or political leader, who gains power and popularity by arousing the emotions, passions, and prejudices of the people.

a politician or orator who treats or manipulates (a political issue) in the manner of a demagogue; obscure or distort with emotionalism, prejudice, etc.
6a00d8341c511153ef014e8aad21a5970d-150wi

I used words in the post above which likely need to be defined for some on this message board:

CHARLATAN:

noun
a person who pretends or claims to have more knowledge or skill than he or she possesses; quack.

Synonyms
impostor, mountebank, fraud, fake, phony.

DEMAGOGUE:

noun
a person, especially an orator or political leader, who gains power and popularity by arousing the emotions, passions, and prejudices of the people.

a politician or orator who treats or manipulates (a political issue) in the manner of a demagogue; obscure or distort with emotionalism, prejudice, etc.
6a00d8341c511153ef014e8aad21a5970d-150wi

I had a bet with myself that a mindless fool would either suggest that I'm a charlatan or demagogue or the President is a charlatan or demagogue. You or crusaderfrank were foremost in my mind as being that mindless fool. Thanks Daveboy, you always come through.

Forum List

Back