Is the GOP intentionally preventing a recovery?

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Some people are saying no, see the 'argument' against, here:

Schumer's conspiracy theory: GOP sabotaging recovery | David Freddoso | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

The evidence suggests Schumer's on to something. The House of Representatives has offered no debate on the issue of unemployment and has passed only 18 bills since taking control in January. 15 of those bills were passed to name federal buildings after someone. This do-nothing congress sees no urgency as millions of Americans are out of work, work one or two or three part time jobs simply to pay rent or the morgage on a home underwater.

The GOP leadership in both houses of congress has opposed all efforts by the president, and even turned down an offer by President Obama to reduce the payroll tax for businees. It seems ideology is only an excuse, the real reason is their lust for power.

Well of course we are. Everyone knows we've all got so damn much money we can weather the economic storm we're creating. It's really a no-brainer, sure fire way to send the community agitator packing. Strategery! Works every time.

15 out of 18 bills passed are for naming new buildings?

Fire them all.

Of cousre partisan hacks on both sides will be busy re-electing them.

yessss yes, they are pushing grammie off a cliff and keeping people po'...I for one since my wife and I "living in the bay area" and earn over 250k are going to take our private jet to the Koch compound in Utah this weekend for July 4th......

Scalias manning the BBQ, soy marinated puppies with arugula walnut salad ( yes cons eat arugula too you know)...

Last edited:
What a most unsurprising unruly surmisation by the op ed. He mentioned nothing about the do nothing congress from 2006-2010. Well, we did receive a trillion dollar unstimulating bill that did nothing for our economy.

I think the left has become a very desperate bunch of losers. I hope so anyway. If we can just keep them from digging up dead people and making them pay taxes.

Schumer's conspiracy theory: GOP sabotaging recovery | David Freddoso | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

The evidence suggests Schumer's on to something. The House of Representatives has offered no debate on the issue of unemployment and has passed only 18 bills since taking control in January. 15 of those bills were passed to name federal buildings after someone. This do-nothing congress sees no urgency as millions of Americans are out of work, work one or two or three part time jobs simply to pay rent or the morgage on a home underwater.

The GOP leadership in both houses of congress has opposed all efforts by the president, and even turned down an offer by President Obama to reduce the payroll tax for businees. It seems ideology is only an excuse, the real reason is their lust for power.

And how much initiative is the Senate taking? I seem to recall they are part of congress as well.

The president could use the senate to try to start non revenue bills, as his party controls it, but I guess blaming the other guy is more effective. Maybe THEY are setting up for the next election.

Or maybe its just politics as usual. That would be my guess.

What a most unsurprising unruly surmisation by the op ed. He mentioned nothing about the do nothing congress from 2006-2010. Well, we did receive a trillion dollar unstimulating bill that did nothing for our economy.

The Dems from 2006-2011 were the most amazing group of politicians ever. They single handedly destroyed the country and ran up massive debt, while also doing absolutely nothing for 4 years.

Amazing.

I think the left has become a very desperate bunch of losers. I hope so anyway. If we can just keep them from digging up dead people and making them pay taxes.

It's worse then that, they dig up the dead so they can vote for us to pay more taxes. Which is why the left is against checking ID. They are the party of election fraud, and they know it. Whatever it takes to elect a liberal...

When the left is removed from the senate something will get done until like Obama said "its not a conversation worth having"

It's worse then that, they dig up the dead so they can vote for us to pay more taxes. Which is why the left is against checking ID. They are the party of election fraud, and they know it. Whatever it takes to elect a liberal...

Could someone dig up the founders so we could have a redo?

Not at all!

They want the economy rip roaring by the time the 2012 election rolls around so they can hand Obama a second term on a silver platter.

Yes, Dems, Republicans are responsible for "The Summer of Recovery Part II: Rise of the ATM's"

You people are such fucking morons.

Forum List

Back