Is Teaching a respected Profession in This country?

Teaching a respected Profession in the United States?

• yes

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • no

Votes: 26 68.4%

• Total voters
yeah, health insurance is a extraordinary benefit, when it being for off the backs of us working stiffs taxpayers.

In that case, I hope you're planning to give back the money the government provides for your healthcare.

Seems like a lot of threads comparing teachers to this or that, or are teachers as important as this or that etc.
So I thought I would ask are teachers more important than the rest of us...that they should get extraordinary benefits at our cost.

I think teachers are very important, if they give an education that results in a student becoming a professional with a degree. You have to decide, do you want a society in which you are surrounded by incompetent workers or public? Who decides to keep you alive, or doesn't know how? You are playing with your families life when you make these kinds of decisions. Did the policeman have the ability to read the warrant of the street address, or did he bust your door down and shoot you? That happens. Do you want a society that can read road signs, or the DMV booklet, or go the wrong way on the freeway and take your family out. Education is extremely important, and you are already getting teachers dirt cheap. Do the math.

Be careful of who is adjusting your mothers drip or giving her CCs of shots, that they are educated.

More important than most Republicans. Based on "contributions to the country", almost everyone else is "more important".

Nope. As a group they are average people.

Bush never included the cost of either war or his "drugs for votes" program in any of his budgets.

Can't you guys ever be "honest". Are you allergic to "facts"?

Seems like a lot of threads comparing teachers to this or that, or are teachers as important as this or that etc.
So I thought I would ask are teachers more important than the rest of us...that they should get extraordinary benefits at our cost.

I think teachers are very important, if they give an education that results in a student becoming a professional with a degree. You have to decide, do you want a society in which you are surrounded by incompetent workers or public? Who decides to keep you alive, or doesn't know how? You are playing with your families life when you make these kinds of decisions. Did the policeman have the ability to read the warrant of the street address, or did he bust your door down and shoot you? That happens. Do you want a society that can read road signs, or the DMV booklet, or go the wrong way on the freeway and take your family out. Education is extremely important, and you are already getting teachers dirt cheap. Do the math.

Be careful of who is adjusting your mothers drip or giving her CCs of shots, that they are educated.

Pheh.
Success breeds success. Out of leadership comes leaders.
People who graduate from college are only marginally prepared for the world.
If they do a lot of good in their respective vocation - I guarantee you if you ask them what do they think made them successful - there is always that one or two people they worked for where they learned a lot from.
I am not trying to diminish teachers, although I would make a successful argument that their influence on society is no greater than the experience and leadership that they meet AFTER their education.
Teachers ARE important.
But they are not special, and therefore do not deserve special benefits that are not regularly available to any other important vocation.

Waiting for you to stop your pathological lying, Bodecea.

It is fascinating to see you squawk "Liar" with no evidence of my lying. I guess you were never taught that one should prove their accusations....I blame your teachers again. You never gained critical thinking skills....along with never gaining the ability to get along with others.
I get along plent up here, including most lib's.

Of course you do.....:lol::lol::lol:

You are a pathological liar. Just admit it.

You prove those accusations yourself....Deal with it!

How easy it is to make some accusation without proof....easy, lazy, requiring no critical thinking SKILLS, no effort, no expections of honesty on your part. Pretty much your M.O., Wicked.

Everyone has the opportunity to teach. Getting paid for doing it is icing on the cake....unless some asshole kid won't listen....chuckle

By parents & adults, I'd say Yes. Students, no.

I want to teach someday, maybe in 30 years, after I retire, at either a College or a Academy. I do not ever want to teach at a public school, I have grown up never setting foot in a 'private' institution but from what I've heard, much better off teaching at one, punishment here is a joke. You send a student to either:

A) ISS
B) A-School

Either way, their just going to be with other students, some worse then them, and have a great old time. I've been in ISS it's basically silence and write-off's for hours and hours, but to be honest, it doesn't change people.

Yes, the teachers are our enemies! Not the Republicans who created 93% of the National Debt by lowering taxes for the rich. Not Wall Street who created a $53 TRILLION DOLLAR derivative bubble. It's the teachers in Wisconsin who are making 46K a year! They are the enemy!

God, is this country stupid or what?

My first teaching contract back in the mid 90's was at a school in rural SW Missouri. I cleared $1,150 a month, and it was cheaper to be on my husband's insurance. However, I went into the teaching profession with my eyes wide open, and never expected to get rich from teaching. Imagine my amazement when I found out there were parts of the country where teachers were making triple my salary, and not for triple the cost of living. Aside from that, the union bosses are some of the greediest assholes in this country, and cloak themselves as "do-gooders" for the workers.

yeah, health insurance is a extraordinary benefit, when it's being paid for off the backs of us working stiffs taxpayers.
Exactly .. we pay our own and theirs and all the entitlement leaches

My first teaching contract back in the mid 90's was at a school in rural SW Missouri. I cleared $1,150 a month, and it was cheaper to be on my husband's insurance. However, I went into the teaching profession with my eyes wide open, and never expected to get rich from teaching. Imagine my amazement when I found out there were parts of the country where teachers were making triple my salary, and not for triple the cost of living. Aside from that, the union bosses are some of the greediest assholes in this country, and cloak themselves as "do-gooders" for the workers.

I think one way to judge the character of a teacher is to ask them what they think of two things:
1) The dept. of Education
2) Teachers unions

I honestly don't think I could do it. I couldn't stand to bear the shackles of the DoE nor the hyper political sensitive administrators.

Forum List

Back