Is Ron Paul Electable?

Google

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2011
Ron Paul is the only candidate that is actively pursuing auditing and reforming the private Federal Reserve Bank. This is, hands down, the single most important issue facing America, with implications pertaining to the military, government spending, civil rights. It is because the Federal Reserve has such influence over so much of the country – if ever there should be regulation it should be in the case of the Fed, which has zero substantive public oversight. Alan Greenspan admitted himself that the Federal Reserve is an independent organization responsible to no other government agency, including the presidency, that can overrule actions its’ actions:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QkmLnNEvdU]YouTube - ‪Allen Greenspan when asked about the relationship of The Federal Reserve and the President‬‏[/ame]

The 2008 economic ‘meltdown’ was basically a shake-down of our elected government. Senators and Congressman from across the country have come forward and stated that they were told that if they didn’t pass and sign into law the officially unnamed stimulus bill that the economy would crash and martial law would most likely go into effect. An incestuous group of current Goldman Sacs and former Goldman Sacs members working for the Treasury Dept and the SEC along with the Obama administration were convincing America that the sky was literally falling, and we must act. It made the fear-mongering lead up to the Iraqi War look tame:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqNrw4aaWFg&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Obama Crisis!!!‬‏[/ame]

But I am convinced that Ron Paul divides the Republican base too much to ever win the Republican candidacy. Plus if he was ever elected I believe he would be assassinated shortly before auditing the Fed. He also isn’t a great speaker, he comes off as high pitched and at times poorly spoken. I fear he may be unelectable and the only other candidate that has addressed monetary reform is Herman Cain, and he isn’t serious about returning to the gold standard – hell, the man served as chair to the Kansas Federal Reserve Board.

he will never be elected in a national election.

His failed ideas will prevent him from winning

he will never be elected in a national election.

His failed ideas will prevent him from winning

Ron Paul has an extremely long voting history allowing a unique perspective of his ideas. He was the only Republican to vote against the Iraqi War, and I suppose you don't believe the Federal Reserve needs more oversight?

I'm a hardcore supporter, and he doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell.

Republican bureacrats and voters agree with Obama more than Ron Paul, he's too much of a small government fiscal conservative for republicans.

Ron Paul will never be elected President. He has some good ideas, but he also has enough weirdness to keep him out of the Oval Office.

Him being weird and radical compared to the average republican and democrat are his best qualities.

Obama capitalized on libertarian issues that resonated with independents. As soon as he got in office he recanted, allowing the evil policy of allowing warrant-less wiretaps - but now the media isn't saying Obama is listening to your telephone.

We need a candidate that will do what he says he will do. That is really what the Tea Party is all about, and in those regards Ron Paul is perfect; hell, he is the grandfather of the Tea Party.

Ron Paul at his best:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peBGJwE9NXo&feature=relmfu]YouTube - ‪Ron Paul in Debate at Reagan Library (May '07)‬‏[/ame]

Even if there was a more palatable (marketable) pitchman for libertarianism, it's too outside the mainstream of American polity at this time to win the presidency.

If voters vote for the candidate they want, he will win. If the voters vote for the candidate the media tells them to vote for he will lose. Most voters are too dumb to trust their own judgement and have to have the media tell them what is in their best interest. A sad state of affairs.

If voters vote for the candidate they want, he will win. If the voters vote for the candidate the media tells them to vote for he will lose. Most voters are too dumb to trust their own judgement and have to have the media tell them what is in their best interest. A sad state of affairs.
Most voters don't want a constitutionally limited federal government and an isolationist foreign policy.

What the media and 2 parties have done a great job of is getting their sheep to believe the "he's a loon" marketing ploy.

The only thing about him that seems loony to me is how he's able to predict with perfect accuracy economic and housing market collapses.

What the media and 2 parties have done a great job of is getting their sheep to believe the "he's a loon" marketing ploy.

The only thing about him that seems loony to me is how he's able to predict with perfect accuracy economic and housing market collapses.

Then, you obviously haven't met his son....

Then, you obviously haven't met his son....

My bad, I thought this was Ron Paul thread not a Rand Paul thread.

Forum List

Back