Is Ron Paul Electable?

And that's about where I'm at with Paul myself. But he put the final nail in the coffin for my vote when he advocated for the building of the victory mosque at ground zero. He can kiss my ass.

I doubt he'd do that. ;)

But neither will he pander to fear and insecurity for votes. RP is the real deal.

Yeah he's more about american property rights than he is unconstitutionally inventing and enforcing laws to make bigots happy.

Thank goodness

I think he had a good chance until he started advocating amnesty. He had my vote up until then anyways.

Wow... C'mon. Focus on the IMPORTANT issues. Are you serious? AMNESTY? Give me a fvcking break!

Hey, here's an important issue. How about the fact that we are headed towards a global fascist dictatorship where even more freedoms are stripped away, the dollar becomes obsolete and we have an Amero currency, more wars, and a motherfvckin police state!!

And all you can think about is illegal immigration? Please! You gotta be kidding me! You will never even be personally affected by illegal immigration. I do not fear that some guy with no qualifications named Pedro is going to take my job!

Please rethink your priorities.

Immigration is just a wedge issue. Like gay frikkin marriage.

I think he had a good chance until he started advocating amnesty. He had my vote up until then anyways.

And that's about where I'm at with Paul myself. But he put the final nail in the coffin for my vote when he advocated for the building of the victory mosque at ground zero. He can kiss my ass.

chart-1.jpg

You too? COME ON! You guys worry about the stupidist most insignificant issues EVER! Hey, this country is heading towards martial law, another mandatory draft, enslavement of the entire human race, total invasion of privacy by the government, and all you care about is a MOSQUE?! GET OUT!

Btw, they have every right to build the mosque. Should we stop building Catholic churches too because of what the priests did? Not to mention, it's a Sufi mosque, the esoteric but peaceful sect of Islam. It's not Sunni or Shiite. That's like condemning the Mormons because of what the Catholic priests did.

But seriously, there needs to be more thinking going on in your head. Stop worrying about what brand of butter goes on your toast when there's a bomb in your living room about to explode.

chart-1.jpg

You too? COME ON! You guys worry about the stupidist most insignificant issues EVER! Hey, this country is heading towards martial law, another mandatory draft, enslavement of the entire human race, total invasion of privacy by the government, and all you care about is a MOSQUE?! GET OUT!

Btw, they have every right to build the mosque. Should we stop building Catholic churches too because of what the priests did? Not to mention, it's a Sufi mosque, the esoteric but peaceful sect of Islam. It's not Sunni or Shiite. That's like condemning the Mormons because of what the Catholic priests did.

But seriously, there needs to be more thinking going on in your head. Stop worrying about what brand of butter goes on your toast when there's a bomb in your living room about to explode.
You're a fine example of not being able to see the forest through the trees. It's not that he JUST is for that ONE THING that turned me off, it's the MIND SET, the way he THINKS that made him come to that conclusion. I disagree with it, and wouldn't want it in the White House to be also applied to many other things. The man seems to lack common sense.

chart-1.jpg

You're a fine example of not being able to see the forest through the trees. It's not that he JUST is for that ONE THING that turned me off,

The guy you responded to said he supported Ron Paul, but the issue of amnesty lost his support. You said that you were in the same position, but that the mosque "put the nail in the coffin for you" implying that you would have supported Ron Paul if it weren't for his stance on amnesty and the mosque.

it's the MIND SET, the way he THINKS that made him come to that conclusion.

You didn't say that before.

I disagree with it, and wouldn't want it in the White House to be also applied to many other things. The man seems to lack common sense.

Why do you disagree with the mindset that supports freedom? The mindset that sticks to the Constitution? The mindset that understands socio-political philosophy and economic theory?

You say he lacks common sense? It depends on what you mean by that. Einstein said common sense is the accumulation of all the prejudices and biases you are conditioned to believe in your years of growing up.

However, if you mean common sense as in reasonable decision making, then he certainly has that. You know what's not reasonable? Hundreds of laws that defy the Constitution and destroy our freedoms.

So tell me, what views of his defy common sense?

chart-1.jpg

Where did that come from? townhall.com?:lol::lol::lol:

From a guy that consistently uses electronic intifada and mein kauf as sources, you have a lot of nerve!:evil:

First, look at the tea party favorites, other than Bachmann, they all score low. Palin D-, Santorum F, Cain D+ and Gingrich D.
Second, look at the GOP favorites - Christie F and Romney D-!
Third, take the Cap and Trade guy who might be the most moderate of the bunch - Pawlenty- and he scores second highest with a C+!
Fourth, click on reach candidate at the site and they give SPECIFICS on why they graded him that way!

Lastly, its not townhall douche bag, its numbersUSA

Side glad Obama's for eVerify. That would be HUGE in the fight against illegal immigration!

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: 007

You're a fine example of not being able to see the forest through the trees. It's not that he JUST is for that ONE THING that turned me off,

The guy you responded to said he supported Ron Paul, but the issue of amnesty lost his support. You said that you were in the same position, but that the mosque "put the nail in the coffin for you" implying that you would have supported Ron Paul if it weren't for his stance on amnesty and the mosque.

it's the MIND SET, the way he THINKS that made him come to that conclusion.

I disagree with it, and wouldn't want it in the White House to be also applied to many other things. The man seems to lack common sense.

Why do you disagree with the mindset that supports freedom? The mindset that sticks to the Constitution? The mindset that understands socio-political philosophy and economic theory?

You say he lacks common sense? It depends on what you mean by that. Einstein said common sense is the accumulation of all the prejudices and biases you are conditioned to believe in your years of growing up.

However, if you mean common sense as in reasonable decision making, then he certainly has that. You know what's not reasonable? Hundreds of laws that defy the Constitution and destroy our freedoms.

So tell me, what views of his defy common sense?.

Your post is a little nit picky, wordy and convoluted... but I thought what I said was pretty cut and dried. I'm not a Libertarian, I'm an independent conservative, so I don't share the same black and white, mechanical thought process that they do. Build a victory mosque at ground zero, there's your example of no common sense, as I clearly already stated. Would you think it also a good idea to build a monument to Nazi Germany at Auschwitz? A Jap monument at Pearl Harbor? No... and anyone that is so stuck in their beliefs of this or that, that it hampers their personal judgement, common sense, is no one I want in the White House.

Last edited:

Your post is a little nit picky, wordy and convoluted... but I thought what I said was pretty cut and dried. I'm not a Libertarian, so I don't share the same black and white, mechanical thought process that they do. Build a victory mosque at ground zero, there's your example no common sense. Would you think it also a good idea to build a monument to Nazi Germany at Auschwitz? A Jap monument at Pearl Harbor? No... and anyone that is so stuck in their beliefs of this or that, that it hampers their personal judgement, common sense, is no one I want in the White House.

You're the first republican poster on this board I've heard that says government should step in and intervene.

Most of them say the mosque-builders should pick a new site on their own accord out of respect for the victims, I disagree with this, but it's not nearly as bad as demanding government intervention.

If you hate the idea or love the idea of the mosque I don't care, but wanting government to overstep the law is something I'll disagree with 100 out of 100 times.

Your post is a little nit picky, wordy and convoluted... but I thought what I said was pretty cut and dried. I'm not a Libertarian, so I don't share the same black and white, mechanical thought process that they do. Build a victory mosque at ground zero, there's your example no common sense. Would you think it also a good idea to build a monument to Nazi Germany at Auschwitz? A Jap monument at Pearl Harbor? No... and anyone that is so stuck in their beliefs of this or that, that it hampers their personal judgement, common sense, is no one I want in the White House.

You're the first republican poster on this board I've heard that says government should step in and intervene.

Most of them say the mosque-builders should pick a new site on their own accord out of respect for the victims, I disagree with this, but it's not nearly as bad as demanding government intervention.

If you hate the idea or love the idea of the mosque I don't care, but wanting government to overstep the law is something I'll disagree with 100 out of 100 times.

One, I'm an not a republican. You quoted me before I got my edit in pointing that out. I became an independent after the last Presidential election. When the best candidate the repubs could muster was an old, RINO like McLame, I was done.
Two, I did not say I wanted government intervention. There you're just flat wrong. But, I don't want my government throwing their support behind such things either. I wouldn't expect them to outright make it illegal, but I would expect them to condemn it.

Last edited:

One, I'm an not a republican. You quoted me before I got my edit in pointing that out. I became an independent after the last Presidential election. When the best candidate the repubs could muster was an old, RINO like McLame, I was done.
Two, I did not say I wanted government intervention. There you're just flat wrong. But, I don't want my government throwing their support behind such things either. I wouldn't expect them to outright make it illegal, but I would expect them to condemn it.

What's support or lack of support matter when it has absolutely nothing to do with the federal government?

That's like caring if your president supports blue ties or black ties, 100% meaningless.

he will never be elected in a national election.

His failed ideas will prevent him from winning

Ron Paul has an extremely long voting history allowing a unique perspective of his ideas. He was the only Republican to vote against the Iraqi War, and I suppose you don't believe the Federal Reserve needs more oversight?

Truth knows about as much about what Paul Stands for as she knows about the Planets in the Alpha Centaur Galaxy. Meaning NOTHING! She simply is parroting what far left bloggers and the Liberal Media tell her to say.

She has a very clear record on this board, of not dealing in facts.

Your post is a little nit picky, wordy and convoluted... but I thought what I said was pretty cut and dried. I'm not a Libertarian, I'm an independent conservative,

If you're not Libertarian then you support global fascist dictatorship and authoritarianism. You can call it nice things like "independent conservative," but it doesn't hide the fact that it's anti-freedom.

As Ron Paul rightly said, if you don't support Liberty across the board then you don't support it at all.

That's what Bill Hicks pointed out about the contradiction of American politics, he said "You are free to do what we tell you. You are free to do what we tell you."

so I don't share the same black and white, mechanical thought process that they do.

It's not a mechanical, black and white thought process, it's a rational thought process. Guess who usually has the knowledge about socio-political philosophy and economic theory? Libertarians. That's why Ron Paul always wins debates.

Build a victory mosque at ground zero, there's your example of no common sense,

Yeah, ok but you didnt state HOW it defies common sense.

as I clearly already stated. Would you think it also a good idea to build a monument to Nazi Germany at Auschwitz? A Jap monument at Pearl Harbor

And youre ok with Christian churches built in America where the Salem witch trials and crusades took place?

Also as I said before, its a Sufi mosque, the Sufi's had NOTHING to do with 911. The Sufis do NOT commit any violence. In fact, they are prosecuted by mainstream Islam, the Islam that attacked us. So if anything, the Sufis support us more than the Muslim terrorists.

Maybe you need to use some common sense of your own!

No... and anyone that is so stuck in their beliefs of this or that, that it hampers their personal judgement, common sense, is no one I want in the White House.

You don't want a man who stands by his principles in the White House? I guess you'd rather have so-called Conservatives who support aggressive wars and policing the world, things that defy Conservative principles.

Is Ron Paul Electable?

Fuck no. Never, ever. He has to radically change his platform

1- He must promise more food stamps and federal largesse

2- He must promise to invade every country on the face of mother earth

3- He must be approved by Bibi

So , no siree , bob. Not on this lifetime.

Last edited:
I didn't realize this was an Obama thread?

Lol it was an obvious comparison to electability that included Ron Paul. You made no such comparison you just threw Rand out there.

Rand IS Ron's son, yes? Or does Ron no longer claim him after the whole segregated lunch counter conversation?

Barak Hussein O'Bama is his communist father's son isn't he.......... he's even named after him. He is also the son of a radical anarchist on his caucasian side and he was raised from preteen to high school graduation by avowed communist grandparents. He named his second book after a sermon delivered by his mentor, African centrist preacher Jeremiah Wright.

What was your point about Rand Paul?

Wow... C'mon. Focus on the IMPORTANT issues. Are you serious? AMNESTY? Give me a fvcking break!

Hey, here's an important issue. How about the fact that we are headed towards a global fascist dictatorship where even more freedoms are stripped away, the dollar becomes obsolete and we have an Amero currency, more wars, and a motherfvckin police state!!

So the government using the growing number of illegals and their anchor babies to force a north american union on us is not important to you?

Apparently I can't post links but on Alipacs website they have a article about a wikileaks document that was released recently. Google "Alipac illegal wikileaks" and it should be number 1.

No, Ron Paul is NOT electable.........This isn't 1776, and his 1776 view of foreign policy is abjectly insane in this day and age.......His inability to see that, only proves he's a damn lunatic.

And, an overwhelming number of his supporters in no way helps his cause. They've been invading this board lately, and the majority of them are troofers, birfers, deafers, and holocaust deniers.....He attracts the fringe of society, in part due to his own lunacy........He also attracts the loons who dress in ARMY BDU's, run around the forest playing GI Joe, and are STILL waiting for the Y2K assault by government forces to happen.

Forum List

Back