Is Real Peace in Palestine Even Possible?

What is the alternative to a peace that is acceptable? Constant friction for a hundred, two hundred years until the nukes fly from all directions? Not to mention the economic costs for the vigilance needed.

The only hope is that Israel is accepted by Islam as co-religious believers in one and the same god and work on your similarities and bridge the mistrust and hate.

Where do you get this stuff from? None of the Arab nations are interested in war with Israel and Iran will be taken care of one way or another.

The Jews don't have to be accepted as co-religionists with the Arabs, the Arabs have to get over their xenophobia just as the Christians, with the exception of some posters on this board, have if they want to move out of the middle ages into the 21st century. Israel already has long established peaceful relations with nearly all the Arab states and as these societies mature, this situation will continue to improve.
You seem to be assuming that the Muslim Arab cultures will not evolve, but you only have to look back a few centuries to see Christians in Europe slaughtering one another over minor doctrinal differences in their beliefs and slaughtering or enslaving just about anyone else who was different from them. There is no reason to assume Muslim Arabs won't follow this same path.

I was talking about the future and Arab History of hundreds of years of resistance to Western Empires and countries... you say relations will improve? Can you provide a link or evidence?

Foreign relations of the Arab League - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Israel

Main article: Arab League and the Arab–Israeli conflict

Only two Arab States recognize Israel: Egypt, and Jordan, though it should be noted that these relations are not normal and contain inherent problems. Relations with Israel have deteriorated, especially after the last Gaza War, where Mauritania had suspended its relations with Israel.[17]

Don't forget that the US bought those two peace agreements with Israel for a couple billion every year each.

Where do you get this stuff from? None of the Arab nations are interested in war with Israel and Iran will be taken care of one way or another.

The Jews don't have to be accepted as co-religionists with the Arabs, the Arabs have to get over their xenophobia just as the Christians, with the exception of some posters on this board, have if they want to move out of the middle ages into the 21st century. Israel already has long established peaceful relations with nearly all the Arab states and as these societies mature, this situation will continue to improve.
You seem to be assuming that the Muslim Arab cultures will not evolve, but you only have to look back a few centuries to see Christians in Europe slaughtering one another over minor doctrinal differences in their beliefs and slaughtering or enslaving just about anyone else who was different from them. There is no reason to assume Muslim Arabs won't follow this same path.

I was talking about the future and Arab History of hundreds of years of resistance to Western Empires and countries... you say relations will improve? Can you provide a link or evidence?

Israel

Only two Arab States recognize Israel: Egypt, and Jordan, though it should be noted that these relations are not normal and contain inherent problems. Relations with Israel have deteriorated, especially after the last Gaza War, where Mauritania had suspended its relations with Israel.[17]

Don't forget that the US bought those two peace agreements with Israel for a couple billion every year each.

You make an important point TINNIE----something I learned from relatives
who escaped shariah shit holes-----the entire "culture" of the islamo nazi
pigs depends on BAKSHEESH.

I hope that the WHITE HOUSE starts to understand just with what barbarity it
must learn to cope in the middle and far east

What is the alternative to a peace that is acceptable? Constant friction for a hundred, two hundred years until the nukes fly from all directions? Not to mention the economic costs for the vigilance needed.

The only hope is that Israel is accepted by Islam as co-religious believers in one and the same god and work on your similarities and bridge the mistrust and hate.

Israel

Can you provide a link to what will happen in the future?

You seem to be assuming that Arab societies will not change. I assume they will just as European societies changed as they came out of their Middle Ages.

I used the term, peaceful relations, not peace, and although there are only two formal peace treaties, it is undeniable that Israel has had peaceful relations with nearly all Arab nations in the ME and North Africa for many years.

Israel

You seem to be assuming that Arab societies will not change. I assume they will just as European societies changed as they came out of their Middle Ages.

I used the term, peaceful relations, not peace, and although there are only two formal peace treaties, it is undeniable that Israel has had peaceful relations with nearly all Arab nations in the ME and North Africa for many years.

The European Nations coming out of the Middle Ages did Not prevent the most devastating Wars in Human history to wit: WWl and WWll....and many smaller since.

Israel

The European Nations coming out of the Middle Ages did Not prevent the most devastating Wars in Human history to wit: WWl and WWll....and many smaller since.

True, but the Europeans were the most powerful nations in the world, so when they fucked up, they were able to do it big time, but the Arabs are not powerful and today the international community will not allow them to produce any problems on that scale. Moreover, as the western nations evolved into mostly peaceful democracies, they had no prototypes on which to model their progress, but the Arabs do and that should smooth out some of the bumps in the road for them.

True, but the Europeans were the most powerful nations in the world, so when they fucked up, they were able to do it big time, but the Arabs are not powerful and today the international community will not allow them to produce any problems on that scale. Moreover, as the western nations evolved into mostly peaceful democracies, they had no prototypes on which to model their progress, but the Arabs do and that should smooth out some of the bumps in the road for them.

Sounds like I'm debating a Phantom who has been possessed by his-own mind...

"A belief is not merely an idea the mind possesses; it is an idea that possesses the mind."

Robert Oxton Bolt

Forum List

Back