Is racism on the rise?

I figure every race has been persecuted, mistreated or enslaved at one time or another through history. Some pursue it or allow it as a bargaining chip for a free ride or excuse in their lives.

I'd say get over it and move on, we'll all be better off..

Bullshit...Slavery for other races was a very different deal than with blacks. For example throughout history many races have been slaves, but for very different reasons. Some were repaying a debt, some were criminals etc.

so while you are correct that every race has been mistreated or enslaved its a very different levels.

Sort of like saying a Pool and the Ocean are both full of water...whats the difference?

Well while they in no way condone or defend slavery of any kind among ANY people, both Thomas Sowell and Walter Williams count themselves blessed because somebody dragged their ancesters over here on a slave ship. As a result both were born American citizens. Even growing up under segregation, both were able to get an education that allowed them to compete with anybody, and both have distinguished themselves with PhDs, prolific writings, and numerous awards and honors.

Had their ancesters been left in Africa, they most likely would have been born in Africa to dirt poor, uneducated people with none of the opportunities they have enjoyed.

And while it is true that there are different kinds of slavery, I imagine none of us do not descend from people who at one time experienced the worst kinds of slavery.

That was then. This is now.

We either treat people as victims because of their ancestry and require them to see themselves differently because of their ancestry or we accept everybody as just Americans and let them succeed and fail on their own merits just as if they were as good as anybody else. I think the non racist doesn't see anybody as 'not as good as everybody else'. In my opinion it is arrogant and racist to assume black people need whitey to protect and take care of them.

We've already fought that war. We should be enjoying the peace now instead of continuing to fight it.

Thats great and if I made any mention of being left in Africa, you would have a great point. That's a separate issue which I know we'd have different opinions on but like I said, thats a different topic all together.

See....the see everyone as Americans part is hilarious. What Italian isnt proud of their heritage? What Irishman is expected to drop the irish label? none...but why do so many from outside of the black race are requesting only the blacks do it? That's what I disagree with....No one else is requested to drop who they are....Hell, they celebrate it!

But if a black person does it....someone who is not black wants it to stop...why? Why do you want to stop me from identifing myself the way I want too? Who knows better than I do? You?

Thats the question

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, Ravi. If some agree or disagree, that is allowed the last I heard. "The president is blac"k. That is how he is described to the world at large. To me...he was a big hope. A dream. Someone that COULD and WOULD do what he said. I didnt vote for him because he had a great tan or was tall or had big ears or a winning smile. I voted for him because I believed him. And like I said..I am disappointed.
:rolleyes:

You're a phony stormfront troll...at least Joyce and Tank can admit to their racist attitude.

You think race should only be mentioned if someone is a criminal. If they are successful they should attribute it to their white genes.

Sadly, many of our so called "conservatives" believe as you do and are just as phony.

Thank you for the neg. You are entitled to your opinion, Ravi and can express it in any way you see fit.
However...would you please explain how it is racist to describe a criminal that hurt someone or myself so the police can apprehend that person(s)? And also, while youre at it, if you would be so kind as to where I stated blacks are only successful if they have white genes?
:eusa_shhh: As I said before, race only matters to you, and Tank, Joyce, xsitedone, etc...if you can use it as a reason someone is a criminal. But if someone is successful, it is because they are part white.

You're a phony stormfront troll...at least Joyce and Tank can admit to their racist attitude.

You think race should only be mentioned if someone is a criminal. If they are successful they should attribute it to their white genes.

Sadly, many of our so called "conservatives" believe as you do and are just as phony.

Thank you for the neg. You are entitled to your opinion, Ravi and can express it in any way you see fit.
However...would you please explain how it is racist to describe a criminal that hurt someone or myself so the police can apprehend that person(s)? And also, while youre at it, if you would be so kind as to where I stated blacks are only successful if they have white genes?
:eusa_shhh: As I said before, race only matters to you, and Tank, Joyce, xsitedone, etc...if you can use it as a reason someone is a criminal. But if someone is successful, it is because they are part white.

:lol: The master troller and closet racist comes out. :lol:

I figured you were close.

:thup:

There's no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism

Sure it is....Irish-American, Italian-American etc...

If the hyphen is what you dont like, hey I cant do anything about it. It's a punctuation used to connect words. They're sort of like dashes...now dashes! I hate those sons of bitches!

Rogo, walk up to a group of black and ask if you can call them ****** if you are white.
Walk up to a white group and ask if you can call them honky if you are black.
Now do the same as the same ethnic group you are walking up to.
Thats the problem on both sides. "Do as we say, not as we do".

Is this the epiphany you had because that last I saw you, you were stomping out of here in a snit and outraged at the fact that people were freely allowed to speak racists thoughts ?

Why am I not surprised the raving loon accusing everyone else of racism is the same one ready to plunge a dagger into the heart of America?

Unless you have dual citizenship, there's no such thing as an Irish-American

Why am I not surprised the raving loon accusing everyone else of racism is the same one ready to plunge a dagger into the heart of America?

Unless you have dual citizenship, there's no such thing as an Irish-American
Why am I not surprised that Buttemia is stupid?

I gotta ask. This bastardization of names just throws me for a loop.

Who is Buttemia?

And there it is again. The "who was most ill treated", like its some kind of badge to wear. The Jews have been persecuted for centuries so Im pretty sure they "win".

Isnt that kind of warped thinking on trying to figure out who was treated the worst?

Well, it's kind of hard to respond to a post that states that blacks were slaves like everyone else without pointing out the differences. I mean, should I just agree even it is false just so you wont put a label around my neck?

What is funny is that at the same time you chastise one person for taking the "we were treated worse" arguement (as you put it) you turn and say the Jews "win" in the "who were treated worse" catagory.

So I'm wrong for saying blacks were treated worse than other slaves throughout history and you're not wrong because you say Jews were treated worse? Ahhh, that good ol double standard...

You are aware that the Africans enslaved generations of Jews are you knot?

Huh???

Untrue and you know it.

Bullshit...Slavery for other races was a very different deal than with blacks. For example throughout history many races have been slaves, but for very different reasons. Some were repaying a debt, some were criminals etc.

so while you are correct that every race has been mistreated or enslaved its a very different levels.

Sort of like saying a Pool and the Ocean are both full of water...whats the difference?

Well while they in no way condone or defend slavery of any kind among ANY people, both Thomas Sowell and Walter Williams count themselves blessed because somebody dragged their ancesters over here on a slave ship. As a result both were born American citizens. Even growing up under segregation, both were able to get an education that allowed them to compete with anybody, and both have distinguished themselves with PhDs, prolific writings, and numerous awards and honors.

Had their ancesters been left in Africa, they most likely would have been born in Africa to dirt poor, uneducated people with none of the opportunities they have enjoyed.

And while it is true that there are different kinds of slavery, I imagine none of us do not descend from people who at one time experienced the worst kinds of slavery.

That was then. This is now.

We either treat people as victims because of their ancestry and require them to see themselves differently because of their ancestry or we accept everybody as just Americans and let them succeed and fail on their own merits just as if they were as good as anybody else. I think the non racist doesn't see anybody as 'not as good as everybody else'. In my opinion it is arrogant and racist to assume black people need whitey to protect and take care of them.

We've already fought that war. We should be enjoying the peace now instead of continuing to fight it.

Thats great and if I made any mention of being left in Africa, you would have a great point. That's a separate issue which I know we'd have different opinions on but like I said, thats a different topic all together.

See....the see everyone as Americans part is hilarious. What Italian isnt proud of their heritage? What Irishman is expected to drop the irish label? none...but why do so many from outside of the black race are requesting only the blacks do it? That's what I disagree with....No one else is requested to drop who they are....Hell, they celebrate it!

But if a black person does it....someone who is not black wants it to stop...why? Why do you want to stop me from identifing myself the way I want too? Who knows better than I do? You?

Thats the question

Actually, that is a good question.
Maybe because there isnt such a division of those you mentioned with having ONLY Irish Beauty Pageants or Irish Voices or Irish Only Spelling Bees, etc etc etc? Why cant each race be proud or content and still be American? A good stew isnt just meat and salt. It has garlic, pepper, other seasonings, taters, carrots.
Division is division. There is a line there somewhere. I just dont know where it is, or how it can be "fixed" so the line is observed but not so divisional. I think. Hell I dunno. Ill have to muse on it cuz I suck at expressing myself most of the time.

Ah. Epiphany. Buttemia is JB.
Sorry, but stupid he is not. Dude has his shit together from what Ive been reading. You, Ravi, on the other hand...you seem kinda "out there". And you never answered my question. Shall I repeat it for you or did you deflect for a reason?

Rogo, walk up to a group of black and ask if you can call them ****** if you are white.

Is this the epiphany you had because that last I saw you, you were stomping out of here in a snit and outraged at the fact that people were freely allowed to speak racists thoughts ?

I didnt stomp. I flounced. :lol:
I was enlightened, lets say. And the teacher is the one that made me run the other way. The other way was back here. That ok with you or do I need permission first?

And to clarify....I was sorta surprised at the racism here that is expressed in certain ways. Maybe Im becoming numb to it though.

Last edited:

I didnt stomp. I flounced. :lol:
I was enlightened, lets say. And the teacher is the one that made me run the other way. The other way was back here. That ok with you or do I need permission first?

Just curious about the radical about face. Carry on. No one needs my permission to do jack around here.

Forum List

Back