Is racism on the rise?

Let's put it this way... if blacks can call each other ******, than why can't a white? Double standard you say? Why? Why is it OK for a black to call another black ******, but not a white, or an Asian, or anybody else? Where did this special book of rules concerning blacks come from? Why is this double standard in place and tolerated? Why are blacks the most racist people on earth?

You are free to go up to as many black people as you want and call them ****** to their faces, you have freedom of speech.

Last edited:
I sincerely wish to thank those who have the ability to "get" what Im trying to understand and express and wonder about. Even those who dont agree with my intentions but still "get" my confusion on the whys and wherefores. So..thank you.
From what I understand, the more contact you have had with blacks the more racist you have found them to be.

A scant few Ive met are racist, yes. Most are not. Maybe the majority I have been around have the same color blindness that I do.

The 15-year-old victim, who is black, told cops the altercation began at a nearby Macy's, where some in the group taunted her saying she had "nice things" and acts "white," according to court papers filed Wednesday.

Video shows Seattle security guards 'observe & report' attack, but don't aid brutally beaten girl - New York Daily News

What is 'acting White'? Getting a job? Going to school? Speaking proper English? Not smoking crack?

Shelby and Michael Steele, Thomas, Cain, Sowell, Williams, Watts, Keyes, Cosby etc. etc. etc., and many others have been visciously slurred, condemned, ridiculed, and described in the most ugly terms because they are all conservatives and outspoken against many liberal notions, concepts, and programs. Because they are all black men, they receive special condemnation for being 'oreo', 'acting white', 'traitors to their race', 'hanky heads', "Uncle Toms', etc. etc. etc. The personal attacks come from white and black alike.

In my view, you don't get any more racist than that when a black man is not allowed a particular perspective just because he is black.

Is that your view? Does it upset you to see "your" blacks treated this way?

P.S. Study the lives of Bill Cosby and JC Watts before you lump them into the same category as those buffoons. And the term we blacks use is "handkerchief heads", not "hanky heads".

No. California.

How's it feel to be in the minority?

Im survivin'. Hows it feel in your neck of the woods?

I grew up in the valley. Our little town was predominantly hispanic, filipino, black, white..in that order.
My first love was a puerto rican named Joe. Sigh. Memories. But I digress. Sorry. Carry on.

Last edited:
I was considering moving to missouri a few years back. Never did, but I was on tenderhooks. Not being around blatant racism such as what Ive witnessed these past years as an "older woman", I worried about racism there. Not about blacks being that way towards me. More about how I would deal with it if someone caucasian was rude to blacks in my presence. Believe it or not, I dont always fart rainbows and unicorns. I have a temper. The culture shock was somthing I was aware I would experience. Even the real estate agent and I got into a big fight on the phone. She assured me there were no blacks near the home I was considering. I lost it. Not the house. My temper.

Do you live in the South?

I do, and I've had the same experience she has. Why do you ask?

When the school board in Little Rock is openly racist towards non-black kids, you'll know what I mean. Where do you live?

South Carolina, and I have to say, while I've seen some of what you describe, it's definitely not a majority sentiment among Black people here. Part of the difference may be, that there's a lot more ill-feeling from the Jim Crow era down here; a lot more people with family members who had first hand experience with some of the uglier aspects of that. It does tend to leave some lingering bitterness, though I have to say, I've seen a lot of that fade over time, compared to how it used to be. Then again I've lived here all my life, (except for my time in the service), so my perspective may be different.

I was considering moving to missouri a few years back. Never did, but I was on tenderhooks. Not being around blatant racism such as what Ive witnessed these past years as an "older woman", I worried about racism there. Not about blacks being that way towards me. More about how I would deal with it if someone caucasian was rude to blacks in my presence. Believe it or not, I dont always fart rainbows and unicorns. I have a temper. The culture shock was somthing I was aware I would experience. Even the real estate agent and I got into a big fight on the phone. She assured me there were no blacks near the home I was considering. I lost it. Not the house. My temper.

Missouri isn't so bad. A great great grandfather of mine was living in Arkansas during the time of the Civil War and moved to Missouri because of the racism and fought for the Union. I guess I'm severely intolerant of racism wherever it comes from. That's why when people throw around the word 'racist', they'd either better be joking or have a real good reason for doing so, and yet another reason why I despise Obama and the racists in his cabinet.

Forum List

Back