Is racism on the rise?

It's ironic how xsitableone has so many best friends.

One of his best friends is Mexican.
One of his best friends is black.
One of his best friends is Jewish.
One of his best friends is gay.

And they to a person behave in a stereotypical manner in his little anecdotes.

:lol:

Seems that instead of it lessening, its getting stronger. I thought Obama being the first black (half black) president would be encouragement for the races to "settle in" and it not be as bad. And although I know its still rampant in this country, it seemed to be lightening up a smidge and folks were more tolerant...or trying to be, anyway. But to me, since Obama got in office, it is rising to higher pitch.
Or is it just me?

It's not you. Electing Obama took racism off of the op-section and put it on the front page.

Course I knew this would happen because racism is a very lucrative business for some.

Funny thing, must of the folks it's been making rich call themselves reverend.

He would have been crucified as a racist had he done that.

But as I have repeatedly said in this thread, there is incentive to keep racism alive and well because there are those who exploit it for personal gain. And there are both white and black people who are guilty of that and they don't care who gets hurt in the process.

I agree with you. The cultivation of racism and racial tension is a political tool.

Yes, it is. The Republicans don't do it as much as the Democrats, but it is still used. What I find shocking is that Affirmative Action - giving preferential treatment to someone based on the color of one's skin - is part of the Democrat Party Platform. That's the very definition of racism.

Humans will always find someone to hate. It's in our nature.

You know, if only whites could show me one study or poll or experiment that shows whites being denied jobs over a minority I would agree with you. But across the board anytime anyone has done a poll or study like this the white person finds employment without a problem even tho the white person and minority have the same qualifications. So affirmative action was put in place to balance the field. I can show you why affirmative action is needed, but the only reason you feel affirmative action is wrong is because...it's wrong. No reasons given whatsoever....Affirmative Action is needed because of racism, there isnt one reason why Affirmative Action is NOT needed.

Last edited:
This is on target. This nation used to be called a melting pot and I think that we used the strengths of a lot of cultures to build the America our parents knew. Now we are dividing black, white, Hispanic, Asian, and others. Why are we not just Americans. People came to this country to get away from the the things their country of birth was doing to make like miserable. Now they say they are proud of where they came from and we should change to accommodate their old culture. The cureent politically correct term is African American, just what part of Africa is doing so well that you are proud of the progress they have made so that you want to be associated with them. I am sorry but I can't think of any that I would be proud of.

You said it so well, Foxfyre. Thank you very much.

Someone recently dragged me kicking and screaming out of my colorblindness. It pissed me off. Still pisses me off. I prefered to be colorblind but the continual hammering of anything said against things I felt unreasonable or fair, the lies about my own character in calling this person names with no proof because it never happened, the falling back into me being supposedly racist because I wouldnt see things their way......it yanked my blindfold off. But instead of seeing color...I saw someone completely racist themself self projecting on to me what they are.

It was not a pleasant experience.

And I don't have a clue whether you're black or white or something else, Grace, but I see it being done to all races. "Whitey" isn't allowed to treat everybody the same or use certain words or metaphors that the 'black folk' can use without being branded racist. And a black man or woman too often isn't allowed to agree with certain ideologies or philosophies without being accused of being an 'oreo' or "acting white' or being a 'discredit to his/her race' or whatever. Those identified (wrongly in many cases) as "Latino" aren't allowed to be anti-illegal immigration without being labeled traitors.

To me that is disgusting.

My Nana is Spaniard and my grandfather is some fucking mexican tribe or another. Growing up, my father was an outcast because he was a 'coconut' for bothering to speak English in America.

Today he works for ICE. When I visited his office, there were only two Whites working there. Everyone else he works with is Hispanic. That made me chuckle.

At my old job, most of the people in the kitchen were Mexicans (most seemed to be mostly native blood). None of them would speak to me because I refuse to speak a foreign language; I'm an American in America. We speak English (kinda) here. One of the managers was also an outcast because, despite being a Latina, she 'acted white' (whatever the fuck that means)

That popping sound is my head exploading.

I've whatched a number of shows about ICE and the Boarder Patrol. They'd show 1 or 2 white guys then a bunch of (I assume) people that decended from Mexicans.

I ALWAYS thought they were parading the few they had in front on the camera to make it look good. Turns out the Latinos that did it the right way don't want illegals here either.

I agree with you. The cultivation of racism and racial tension is a political tool.

Yes, it is. The Republicans don't do it as much as the Democrats, but it is still used. What I find shocking is that Affirmative Action - giving preferential treatment to someone based on the color of one's skin - is part of the Democrat Party Platform. That's the very definition of racism.

You know, if only whites could show me one study or poll or experiment that shows whites being denied jobs over a minority I would agree with you. But across the board anytime anyone has done a poll or study like this the white person finds employment without a problem even tho the white person and minority have the same qualifications. So affirmative action was put in place to balance the field. I can show you why affirmative action is needed, but the only reason you feel affirmative action is wrong is because...it's wrong. No reasons given whatsoever....Affirmative Action is needed because of racism, there isnt one reason why Affirmative Action is NOT needed.

And thus proving that liberals support racism.

Do you live in a cave or did you miss Sotomayors appointment to SCOTUS?

Did you miss the part where white fire fighters that scored higher on the test for advancement were denied to that minoriteis could move up, even though they didn't do as well?

Did you miss the part where white fire fighters that scored higher on the test for advancement were denied to that minoriteis could move up, even though they didn't do as well?

Just show me one poll, study, experiment that shows whites are being pushed to the side for minorities. Because there are plenty that shows there is a need for affirmative action. If this "racism" is affecting you, just show it that it is. This affirmative action "racism" is just a talking point to use in race relations threads because really, it doesnt affect any white person but they'd sure like to BELIEVE that it does.

"Man, I coulda had that job if it wasnt for Affirmative Action" - You suuuure could have sparky, you sure could've.

*edit* Let me address the Firefighter thing for a second...Let me first say that I did hear about the firefighter story and I disagree with it. So you did show one instance of whites being denied (if that is what happened, I havent read about it but I heard about it) and it shouldnt happen period. You know that that story is not par for the course tho. The reason Affirmative Action is in place is because it is needed...not just for shits and giggles.

Last edited:

:lol::lol:

Just show me one poll, study, experiment that shows whites are being pushed to the side for minorities. Because there are plenty that shows there is a need for affirmative action. If this "racism" is affecting you, just show it that it is. This affirmative action "racism" is just a talking point to use in race relations threads because really, it doesnt affect any white person but they'd sure like to BELIEVE that it does.

"Man, I coulda had that job if it wasnt for Affirmative Action" - You suuuure could have sparky, you sure could've.

*edit* Let me address the Firefighter thing for a second...Let me first say that I did hear about the firefighter story and I disagree with it. So you did show one instance of whites being denied (if that is what happened, I havent read about it but I heard about it) and it shouldnt happen period. You know that that story is not par for the course tho. The reason Affirmative Action is in place is because it is needed...not just for shits and giggles.

A poll? Why? You would just dismiss it as racism.

Did you hear about the lowering of requirments to become a cop or a Firefight?

The reason; So more minorities can get in.

AA is racism. It's enforced racism. It assumes that people are evil and all of us need to be forced to do right. So now instead of the best people in the best positions, we have people who showed up the day of the test running things.

Plus it's an insult to minorities. The government, and by the goverment I do mean Dems, says they can not achieve w/o ANOTHER hand out. But the dems have them conditioned, so few see it as anything else.

Why try when it's going to be handed to me?

Part of what's making racial reconciliation difficult, I think, is that we're dealing with a difference in perceptions caused by a difference in perspective. In simple terms, we all have a hard time understanding someone else's life experience, when it's been different from ours. That's not easy, as a matter of fact, it's really pretty difficult.
Just as an example. Closed Caption could tell me what it's like to be Black in America. I'd understand some of it, but by no means would I understand it all-how could I; I haven't been in that position. By the same token, I could explain to Closed Caption how it feels to be White in America; the result would be the same. All we can do with someone else's experience in life, is try to imagine how we would feel in the same circumstances, but still, a lot of context and nuance is missing; we haven't been there.

To use an example that has nothing to do with race, I could try to tell Grace what it was like to be in combat; no matter how detailed the account, and no matter how sympathetic she might feel, she wouldn't get a lot of it; not because she didn't try, but because there is no common frame of reference for a lot of it. What we "don't get" we try to imagine, and most of the time we don't imagine correctly.

That matters, when we're talking about race, because different experiences lead to different perceptions. Closed Caption and I could look at the same racial interaction, and have two very different views of it. So who's right, and who's wrong? In reality we probably both are a little right, and a little wrong.If we're trying to be well-mannered and considerate, both of us might feel a little, maybe more than a little, awkward; we aren't really sure what might be offensive to the other, or might be taken in a way we didn't intend.

So what's the solution? I think we can find that, in being honest with each other; in talking to each other, without accusing, without blaming. "When you say that, it hurts my feelings because....", "When you do that, I feel like I'm walking on eggshells, because....". That's what friends do, and that's what we're all going to need to learn, if we're going to truly get along. We're going to have to be patient with one another, and tolerant of one another, and stop looking for the worst in each other, and try to find common ground, among all our differences; Isn't that what we do, when we have friendships that cross racial lines?

In simple terms, it's about time we started cutting each other some slack, and recognize that we can't read each other's minds, that none of us are perfect, and that we all have some thoughtless moments. That's not easy, in an atmosphere of overheated political rhetoric, where some are willing to exploit people's worst instincts for power and profit. It's not easy, in a time when trust between the races is often a fragile thing. We need to start accepting, not dismissing, each other's feelings (which are very real) and we need to be OK with the idea that we're not going to totally understand the other person's point of view, or expect them to totally understand ours.That's hard, but it's either that, or keep pouring salt in each other's wounds, for no real purpose.

A poll? Why? You would just dismiss it as racism.

Did you hear about the lowering of requirments to become a cop or a Firefight?

The reason; So more minorities can get in.

AA is racism. It's enforced racism. It assumes that people are evil and all of us need to be forced to do right. So now instead of the best people in the best positions, we have people who showed up the day of the test running things.

Plus it's an insult to minorities. The government, and by the goverment I do mean Dems, says they can not achieve w/o ANOTHER hand out. But the dems have them conditioned, so few see it as anything else.

Why try when it's going to be handed to me?

What about 700 SAT scores for minorities?

People will die because they hire incompetent police and firefighters in order to make poor little Jamal feel better and punish Carl for being born White.

Is there any racism more disgusting than sacrificing innocent lives in the name of racial quotas and a dream seeing people the right colour (any colour other than White) hired?

Some basic statistics are enough to prove that affirmative action discriminates.Take doctors for instance. The goal would be for 12% of doctors to be black since that is their percentage of the U. S. population. An IQ in the 120 range is needed to be able to graduate from medical school and become a practicing physician. The Bell Curve shows how the races stack up:

U. S. Physicians 788,000

Affirmative Action goal for black doctors ~ 95,000 (788,000 x 12%)

Blacks age 18-64 with IQ 120 or above 254,600
Whites age 18-64 with IQ 120 or above 13,400,000

That's 50 times as many whites capable of becoming physicians as blacks in this IQ range, which means there is an ample supply of white talent compared to the relatively small one for blacks. Given that many talented blacks will also choose professions like engineering, law, architecture, and so forth, there arent enough high IQ blacks to fill the coveted position of doctor on a competitive basis.

Only by discriminating in favor of blacks to the detriment of more qualified candidates from other races can the affirmative action goal come close to being met. This has to be the case because of the relatively small pool of qualified blacks. For example, the black average MCAT score is ony in the tenth percentile of the white range. It's probably fair to say that most of the blacks admitted to medical school could have been replaced by more qualified whites or asians who were denied admission. Affirmative action is highly discriminatory and harms many people.

Sure it is. But you're dealing with politicians here Syrenn. When is the last time you saw a politician turn down a vote wherever and however he could get it?

No i have never seen a politician turn down a vote. But to encourage a race vote..and a race vote alone is sickening and racist.

What if McCain had come out with a "turn out the white vote" champaign to counter....just saying.
He tried to turn out the female vote by picking that idiot Palin as his running candidate. Where is your criticism of that?

btw, I doubt black people voted for Obama because of the color of his skin...it is more of a cultural thing. Black is more than a skin color, just as Irish is.

Its not a plain thread, its a racism thread.

Here in CA, yes it was a black voting for the sake of the candidate being black.

Here is one for you. No "study required"

The dumbing down of America for on to comply with minority mandates. How about these jobs be given out on MERIT and not skin color. Same goes for colleges.

Dayton Ohio lowers qualifications for black police and firefighter applicants - National Conservative | Examiner.com

No i have never seen a politician turn down a vote. But to encourage a race vote..and a race vote alone is sickening and racist.

What if McCain had come out with a "turn out the white vote" champaign to counter....just saying.
He tried to turn out the female vote by picking that idiot Palin as his running candidate. Where is your criticism of that?

btw, I doubt black people voted for Obama because of the color of his skin...it is more of a cultural thing. Black is more than a skin color, just as Irish is.

Its not a plain thread, its a racism thread.

Here in CA, yes it was a black voting for the sake of the candidate being black.

See, this is what I dont like. Here is a person, not black, that doesnt ask why someone voted for Obama, he assumes that blacks are so dumb that they just vote for whoever the black guy is. Sure, he's not saying blacks are dumb, or sheep or followers, he's just alluding to that being the case.

Maybe, just maybe...blacks agree with him and what he stood / stands for? Naw, couldnt be that

Sure it is. But you're dealing with politicians here Syrenn. When is the last time you saw a politician turn down a vote wherever and however he could get it?

That has to be one of the most ignorant and misinformed things you've ever said, and that's saying something.

I was at the barbershop they used as Obama's campaign headquarters in Ft Lauderdale earlier this year looking at all of his pictures on the wall.

Trust me. It was because of skin color.

You said it so well, Foxfyre. Thank you very much.

Someone recently dragged me kicking and screaming out of my colorblindness. It pissed me off. Still pisses me off. I prefered to be colorblind but the continual hammering of anything said against things I felt unreasonable or fair, the lies about my own character in calling this person names with no proof because it never happened, the falling back into me being supposedly racist because I wouldnt see things their way......it yanked my blindfold off. But instead of seeing color...I saw someone completely racist themself self projecting on to me what they are.

It was not a pleasant experience.

And I don't have a clue whether you're black or white or something else, Grace, but I see it being done to all races. "Whitey" isn't allowed to treat everybody the same or use certain words or metaphors that the 'black folk' can use without being branded racist. And a black man or woman too often isn't allowed to agree with certain ideologies or philosophies without being accused of being an 'oreo' or "acting white' or being a 'discredit to his/her race' or whatever. Those identified (wrongly in many cases) as "Latino" aren't allowed to be anti-illegal immigration without being labeled traitors.

To me that is disgusting.

My Nana is Spaniard and my grandfather is some fucking mexican tribe or another. Growing up, my father was an outcast because he was a 'coconut' for bothering to speak English in America.

Today he works for ICE. When I visited his office, there were only two Whites working there. Everyone else he works with is Hispanic. That made me chuckle.

At my old job, most of the people in the kitchen were Mexicans (most seemed to be mostly native blood). None of them would speak to me because I refuse to speak a foreign language; I'm an American in America. We speak English (kinda) here. One of the managers was also an outcast because, despite being a Latina, she 'acted white' (whatever the fuck that means)
:lol: What a moron. You refused to learn a second language because you hate Mexicans? hahahahahahaha!

Forum List

Back